Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver - Cork Opera House - 15/09/17

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

(With condolences to those who missed out)

Tickets arrived today!
    Envelope wasn't even sealed, so postman is clearly not a fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

UsedToWait wrote: »
    (With condolences to those who missed out)

Tickets arrived today!
    Envelope wasn't even sealed, so postman is clearly not a fan :)

Clearly the OH isn't a fan of sealing envelopes because mine arrived today in the same way! Delighted to have them - after all the hassle I was feeling a bit paranoid that something would go wrong and I wouldn't get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ha, mine came today unsealed as well - thought someone had swiped them from the envelope

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Aren't Cork Opera House tickets non-transferrable?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Basq wrote: »
    Aren't Cork Opera House tickets non-transferrable?

Do you think that they will check for ID ,not a chance.
    The Opera House tickets dont even have a barcode on them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone who got two (decentish) seats interested in swapping for two standing tix?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

What time do people think you would have to get to the OH tonight to get a good standing position ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

10!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Was anyone supporting Bon Iver last night and what time did the gig finish up? (I see that it was 86mins long but was there a support act before that?)

Mr.H wrote: »
    Was anyone supporting Bon Iver last night and what time did the gig finish up? (I see that it was 86mins long but was there a support act before that?)

No Support ,on at 10.01 ,off at 11.24.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

I'm a big fan of the new album. Just wondering did anyone else think that the live performance didn't reflect it? I thought the distorted vocals just didn't work. I thought he cut far to many of his songs shorter than the album too. Comparing him live to James Blake was as close as I could do for that type of music and I thought he was way out of his depth compared to Blake . 33 god rocked though and there was a rapturous applause at the end so I'm not sure am I just wrong , did anyone else feel similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I've seen Bon Iver around 7 times at that was one of my favourite gigs from him. I loved it anyway.

I thought the new stuff worked well, can only remember 22 & Creeks being cut short which I was ok with. 33 God and 8 A Circle were fantastic

Funny, on the night I thought his vocals were near perfect throughout but watching back the footage now he does struggle a bit at times!

Amazing gig anyway, really enjoyed it. First time in Cork Opera House and thought it was a great little venue, the sound was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ekano wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the new album. Just wondering did anyone else think that the live performance didn't reflect it? I thought the distorted vocals just didn't work. I thought he cut far to many of his songs shorter than the album too. Comparing him live to James Blake was as close as I could do for that type of music and I thought he was way out of his depth compared to Blake . 33 god rocked though and there was a rapturous applause at the end so I'm not sure am I just wrong , did anyone else feel similar?

Having seen Bon Iver Friday and James Blake in a smaller venue in Belfast late last year, I think both gigs were partly ruined by this generations incessant need to either take pictures/videos and natter with their friends if their phone is down for a bit.

Unfortunately both acts don't deal well with this as there's lots of quiet time during their songs, Friday was the closest I ever came to hitting somebody for talking.

Having seen Bon Iver Friday and James Blake in a smaller venue in Belfast late last year, I think both gigs were partly ruined by this generations incessant need to either take pictures/videos and natter with their friends if their phone is down for a bit.

Unfortunately both acts don't deal well with this as there's lots of quiet time during their songs, Friday was the closest I ever came to hitting somebody for talking.

Strange ,as I thought the crowd were very well behaved.
    There were hardly any people using phones to record videos ,it almost seemed uncool to do it .(And rightly so)

I didn't find the crowd too bad standing down near the front, lot of shushing coming from up near the bar though. There were moments where the phones were out in force but bearable overall.

BonIvercontent-500x500.jpg
    Bon Iver - Live at Cork Opera House

The versions of 29 #Strafford Apts and Calgary are great.

FYI - this is being shown on RTE2 tomorrow night (28th) from 11.40pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Sorry to bump such an old thread but does anyone have footage of the Bon Iver (Justin and Sean) piano set from the Sunday this time last year? Hard to believe the Sounds From A Safe Harbour festival was a year ago?

• Advertisement
Advertisement