Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BoI accounts

Options
  • 13-06-2017 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to close accounts online, or do I need to telephone to do so? And, if so, do I call a branch or the central number?

I'm looking to close a SmartSave account, a Credit Card account and a deposit account please.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Rein-in, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie and I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close your accounts. 

Any 365 deposits accounts can be closed online by using the withdrawal services. Some accounts do require a notice period however, once the full funds have been withdrawn the account will automatically close. If your savings accounts are not online, then you can send a letter to your branch to close these.

In order to close your credit card account you'll need to call our team on 0818 251 251. To ensure that your request can be completed when you call your balance would need to be cleared in full. Just to mention, upon closure of a Credit Card this years €30 Government stamp duty will be applied (If your address is within the Republic of Ireland). 

For more information on our account closure procedures please see here

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Elaine 

Advertisement