Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How thick are some people?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

President GW Bush

I still secretly wish he'd become a stand-up comedian or so, he can be f*kn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

smurfjed wrote: »
    Do you seriously believe this?

Well,I guess it depends on your definition of the verb "to land".

Well,I guess it depends on your definition of the verb "to land".

Are you a pilot yourself, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

People buying and renting property from a website called "Daft"

Err, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

A fuse blew in my house today. I went into the supermarket to buy one, couldn't find them, so I asked one of the retail employees. I simply asked if they had any 16 amp fuses. The girl had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Grand says I, she's just an airhead. I'll try the 24 hour shop up the road, they usually have stuff like that. Same story, the sales assistant hadn't a clue what a fuse was. Never heard of it.

I really worry about the fact that these people, and the ones who hired them, can vote.

Well unless they have experienced an issue where they needed to change a fuse then id say a huge amount of todays youth have no idea what a fuse is or how to replace one.

Electrical Systems in houses and generally technology is more reliable so fuses dont blow often. Personally I cant remember the last time i had to change one. Must be well over 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

New builds will have breakers, not fuses, but still. I never milked a cow, but I know what milk is and where it comes from.
    On the other hand, instead of going to other store you can show them a picture of a fuse :)

Advertisement