Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser and make-up artist near Fota Island Hotel

Options
  • 13-06-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi just looking for a recommendation for hairdresser and makeup artist that isn't far from Fota Island Hotel. I'm not familiar enough with Cork to have an idea of where to go.
    It's for a siblings wedding in October and I'm looking for someone that can do makeup for myself and my Mam -makeup with lashes for me and very natural for her.
    I looked up Fota's own service which is between €40-€45 for a curly blow dry for long hair which I find really expensive and makeup with lashes is €50. I don't really rate the brand they use (Fushia) so would prefer somewhere else if possible.
    Time will be tight on the morning of the wedding so I don't think going into the city to Brown Thomas and a hairdresser somewhere near there is possible.

If anybody knows of anywhere that is within 15/20 minutes drive from Fota that either has hair and makeup in the one salon or at least near each other, I would love any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Carrigtwohill or Little Island are your best bets and  are simple to get to from Fota you will only be 5 mins in the car to either.

Little Island Hair & Beauty is used often by my other half and she has only good things to say about them, you have the advantage of the hairdressers and beauticians under the one roof, so they can work on makeup while hair is being done if you are tight for time.  there are other options in Carrigtwohill too which are good.

Advertisement