Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to Register for Card Care

Options
  • 13-06-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried ringing card services earlier for the simple purpose of informing about travel plans with regards to my credit card.

I was sent a link and told to register for Card Care where all this could be done.

However there is a bug in the system which makes registration impossible:

1. Enter you card details and click Verify Account
    2. You are brought to a screen where you are shown the following message:

Upon verification for this account, more than one person with the same name was returned.
    Select your name from the list below.

Firstly this should not appear as only one name is associated with the account. Secondly both names/dates of birth are exactly the same.

3. Pick one and click "Select Customer Name"
    4. You are routed back to the first screen "Your Account Details"

You are then basically stuck in a loop. You go to the Select Name screen and get routed back to the Your Account Details screen

After being unable to register I rang card services and after navigating the ridiculous menu I had to listen to an ad for supervalue before being left on hold for 15 minutes.

I need to get this done today. Can you advise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Hrududu,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty registering for Card Care.

This message appears if you have a Twin Credit Card account. A twin account is one where you would have originally had access to a Master card and a Visa Card in your own name on the same account. This is why Card Care populate the name twice. If you click on the top name it should continue then to the next page and then prompt you to make up a User ID and password.

If this does not resolve your query, please send me a PM with your name and contact number and I'll have this investigated for you.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paul_F_Dub

Same message here.  I followed Elaine's advice but it does not clear.  I tried a PM to Elaine but she appears no longer to be available.  I even got the same ad for Supervalu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Paul_F_Dub wrote: »
    Same message here.  I followed Elaine's advice but it does not clear.  I tried a PM to Elaine but she appears no longer to be available.  I even got the same ad for Supervalu!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    If the steps given above don't resolve this for you, I'd ask you to call us on 0818 251 251 (or 03457 365 555 if you're abroad) and the advisers there should be able to have a further look into your credit card details and rectify this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jennifer Eccles

Hrududu wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried ringing card services earlier for the simple purpose of informing about travel plans with regards to my credit card.

I was sent a link and told to register for Card Care where all this could be done.

However there is a bug in the system which makes registration impossible:

1. Enter you card details and click Verify Account
    2. You are brought to a screen where you are shown the following message:

Upon verification for this account, more than one person with the same name was returned.
    Select your name from the list below.

Firstly this should not appear as only one name is associated with the account. Secondly both names/dates of birth are exactly the same.

3. Pick one and click "Select Customer Name"
    4. You are routed back to the first screen "Your Account Details"

You are then basically stuck in a loop. You go to the Select Name screen and get routed back to the Your Account Details screen

After being unable to register I rang card services and after navigating the ridiculous menu I had to listen to an ad for supervalue before being left on hold for 15 minutes.

I need to get this done today. Can you advise?
    I'm in there exact position described above. Stuck in this loop.
    Can anyone from BoI help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Jennifer Eccles,

Thanks for the your post here on Boards.

Please try using the steps provided by Elaine above and if these steps do not resolve your issue then you must contact our team on the number provided above by Darren.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Advertisement
Advertisement