Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to Cherrywood - how long??

Options
  • 13-06-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a very good job in Cherrywood and just wondering if anyone currently does this commute and generally how long it takes. I'd be going from Blanchardstown. The thoughts of the m50 fill me with dread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭27cyrix

I commuted from Cherrywood to Blanchardstown(your reverse direction in the morning) two years ago.
    if I left home before 7.45, it takes 30 minutes maximum as there is very little traffic.
    After 8am will be another story.
    Bear in mind the constructions on the exist 16, which may be a bottleneck during rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

27cyrix wrote: »
    I commuted from Cherrywood to Blanchardstown(your reverse direction in the morning) two years ago.
    if I left home before 7.45, it takes 30 minutes maximum as there is very little traffic.
    After 8am will be another story.
    Bear in mind the constructions on the exist 16, which may be a bottleneck during rush hour.

Cheers is that the new housing being built in Cherrywood? Do you know if it is having much of an impact on junction 16 during rush hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I've been offered a very good job in Cherrywood and just wondering if anyone currently does this commute and generally how long it takes. I'd be going from Blanchardstown. The thoughts of the m50 fill me with dread.

I do Clonsilla to Leopardstown every day and the length of the commute really depends on the timing (apart from when an incident occurs and messes everything up).
    I generally try and leave Clonsilla after 9am, as close to 9:30am as I can and the commute is generally fine, 25-30mins most days as at that stage the M50 is cleared off and most of my time is getting onto it and from it to the office. If going early in the morning you need to be on the road before 7:30am if I remember correctly - I don't do that too often.

Again, on the return journey, it's usually fine if I either leave the office BEFORE 4:30pm or wait until 6:30pm when again it has cleared.
    103.2FM is great for guidance as to what it's like at any time in the range 7-10am and 4-7pm. Also used to check the traffic cameras on http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/ but they haven't been working for nearly a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah i did Blanchardstown to cherrywood last year..no issue on way out 25 minutes...but before 4.30 or after 6.30 on way home

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

When the LUAS is finished, train to Broombridge and LUAS to Cherrywood is an option, but I have no idea how long that would take, possibly over an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

blanch152 wrote: »
    When the LUAS is finished, train to Broombridge and LUAS to Cherrywood is an option, but I have no idea how long that would take, possibly over an hour.

Yeah I was thinking that but Luas from Stephens Green to Cherrywood is nearly 40 mins so would still be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishbar

Only did the commute from Carpenterstown to Cherrywood yesterday as my head office is there, like previous posters depends on timing....I left home 7:15am got on the M50 at Blanch arrived 7:50.
    You have to leave pre 16:30 or after 18:30 on the return.

Advertisement