Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck in a rut?

Options
  • 13-06-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondered what advice someone would have for someone who's stuck in a rut in their career.
    I've been an aviation engineer for 17years and am totally and utterly sick of it, tired of crazy shift patterns, autocratic, incompetent management and hazardous environments.

I know there's no utopia, but I'm doing an MSC due to finish next year, however its becoming evident that I'll be starting at the bottom of the ladder again if I use that particular discipline.

Its quite frustrating, and depressing. I don't know what to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sdm

You have probably checked these out but maybe now is the time for serious tax free change:

B1.3 AW139 AND B412 Engineer - ?100k per year - Tax Free!
    Excel Technical Consulting
    Salary band: ?100k +
    Job type: Permanent
    Aircraft type: August Westland, AW139, Bell, Bell 412
    Sector: Maintenance, Aircraft, Licensed Maintenance - Base, Licensed Maintenance - Line, Rotary
    Job Role: Engineers Jobs, B1 Licensed Engineer Jobs, Mechanical Engineer

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/job/b1-3-aw139-and-b412-engineer-100k-per-year-tax-free/8918617

Advertisement