Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning novice

Options
  • 13-06-2017 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum (first post), and the entire world of planning permission. I’m looking for some direction if anybody can help.

I’m currently living in the Fingal area with my parents in order to save for the uphill battle that is buying my own house… But recently my parents have offered to let us try build our own detached house on their land, which changes our plans slightly.

My parents tried to get planning twice before in the past, pre / mid celtic tiger era, but the first was rejected for being a bit too ambitious, and the second, was considered, but rejected as it wasn’t consistent with the surrounding houses (bungalows).

In the interim several of my neighbours have built extensions that certainly lack the consistency of their surroundings, which was what originally got my folks to reconsider trying again. Should I do a case study and document these new extensions?

Upon buying their house (1985) my parents bought a lane between their house and the neighbours that gives them a total of 860cm space between both houses.

We are just about to try to get the ball rolling, but is there any pitfalls people recommend I watch out for, or anything in particular that I should sort before getting in touch with Fingal country council? Any advice would help really as I’d love to make this happen, and I’m a complete novice when it comes to anything regarding planning permission.

Thanks,
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

An extnn and a new stand alone dwelling are two entirely different animals as you know so don't was time on non relevant issues.

What is the relevance if any of the 8.6m?

Be careful with the laneway, you need to make sure C? Chulainn's descendants does not have a ROW that has not bee extinguished.

If you go down this route, transfer the land before you get planning for CAT purposes.
    The others will advise on the planning approach

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

If you go down this route, transfer the land before you get planning for CAT purposes.
    The others will advise on the planning approach

Can you declare the value of the land less before planning has been granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭bemak

get a planner on board to give you the best possible chance of getting it. best 400e (circa) you could spend. They'd probably give you a free opinion over the phone if you sent them the relevant details

Advertisement