Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New post

Options
  • 13-06-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've noticed when I click on certain subscribed threads that it doesn't show the last/latest posts while browsing on my phone. It happens mainly on the touch site and if I select "show desktop version" I can see the thread has been updated and navigate to the last post that way. Seems to be happening in the evening times - after 6 onwards.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi GBX,

What threads in particular is this happening with? If you don't want the world and all to know what threads you're subscribed to, you can PM me :)

What OS and browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've notice it happening a lot on YLYL in AH, Funny Gifs in Cool Vids. & Xbox One General Discussion in the Xbox forum.
    I'm using Chrome on Android 7.1.2

Boards.ie Employee

On Touch, there's no way to get to the last post, so when you click on a post it (should) go to where you left off.

Sorry, what I meant is that it shows in bold to suggest there is new post. When I click into the thread, it only goes so far. Yet when I say hit the "show desktop version" or "full site" button I can navigate to the new posts in the thread.

Just happened again seems to be around 6pm it happens.
    New post by The Body .. click thread and it just goes to the last page and the latest post being shown is the one by Capt Midnight

• Advertisement

I'm getting errors trying to post on this using the touch site ..

The same thing happened a while ago where I click YLYL showing new post but it didn't show the newest post.

This issue seems to happen on followed threads via the touch site. In touch it redirects to the full site and says "thread not found" Just happened on http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/104066399
    Yet if viewed incognito it shows fine.

Just to follow on I tried to look at a new post around 6 pm yesterday, when I did, the thread would not load. Then when I tried to post within this thread to report it via my phone I got the attached 404 page not found. I was able to load the thread using incognito mode but not whilst signed in. I have cleared cookies etc on my phone, but it still happens. Any ideas?

Boards.ie Employee

Hi GBX, sorry for the delay. We're looking into issues resulting in 404 errors on mobile at the moment.

How are you trying to access the threads that are causing 404 errors - is it from the list of Followed Threads on the homepage? Can I get you to send me the results of the Diagnostics report via PM please?

Hi GBX, sorry for the delay. We're looking into issues resulting in 404 errors on mobile at the moment.

How are you trying to access the threads that are causing 404 errors - is it from the list of Followed Threads on the homepage? Can I get you to send me the results of the Diagnostics report via PM please?

Hi Mark. The only time I got a 404 was when I tried to reply to this thread . Generally accessing via Chrome on Android. Screenshot of the diagnostic attached.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement