Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV without Updates

Options
  • 13-06-2017 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

I've been playing GTAV (PS3) since it was released and have achieved 100% and was considering backing up my current saves.

Then uninstall the game/updates/saves etc. Disconnect from broadband and reinstall the game. Because the PS3 is not connected to broadband I should not be prompted for updates.

I want to do this to play the game as it was released, obviously there will be glitches and maybe the game at some point may be unplayable. But I just want to see if there are certain parts Rockstar may have altered, such as locations are even dialogue etc. Been curious about this for a few years.

Have anybody tried this I wonder, tried google but no luck. Im sure there are GTAV game owners that don't have an internet connection. Anybody on Boards tried this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How will you know?

Your logic is sound it should function as you intend, dont see the point myself.

Could just pick up a cheap PS3 and put it on that and still have the updated version to confirm any changes you thjink might have occured.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,661 ✭✭✭✭Penn

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I've been playing GTAV (PS3) since it was released and have achieved 100% and was considering backing up my current saves.

Then uninstall the game/updates/saves etc. Disconnect from broadband and reinstall the game. Because the PS3 is not connected to broadband I should not be prompted for updates.

I want to do this to play the game as it was released, obviously there will be glitches and maybe the game at some point may be unplayable. But I just want to see if there are certain parts Rockstar may have altered, such as locations are even dialogue etc. Been curious about this for a few years.

Have anybody tried this I wonder, tried google but no luck. Im sure there are GTAV game owners that don't have an internet connection. Anybody on Boards tried this?

I'm sure there's probably lists somewhere of all the changes Rockstar have made to the game (these things never go unnoticed by fans even if they're not in an official list). Like dreamers75 says, your logic is probably sound and it should work, but it's a lot of effort even considering how little such changes may have been that you may never even notice them playing through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I'm curious if they took anything out, as if i remember correctly on release day there was a big update.

Interesting webpage here about cut content:

[HTML]http://kotaku.com/the-players-who-have-spent-years-hunting-gta-vs-cut-con-1785348067[/HTML]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I understand what you're saying, I just don't understand the point :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Don't leave any cars you care about at your safehouse garages.
    I remember mods coming off or them dissappearing altogether being a problem they patched after a few weeks when it first released.

• Advertisement

I'm just going through my book looking at what I had to do for 100% completion, and then checking online to see if there were any glitches in these areas that needed patches. Good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm just going through my book looking at what I had to do for 100% completion, and then checking online to see if there were any glitches in these areas that needed patches. Good so far.

Would you not have better things to be doing with your life?

Would you not have better things to be doing with your life?

I would explain why, but I don't have the time or the crayons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm just going through my book

Tell me more...

Advertisement