Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property boundry

Options
  • 13-06-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So We own a farm and we have some very large christmas trees growing on a small portion of a field I was walking through the field and along the boundry I had noticed a few people had extended there gardens out into the field as the boundry is a fairly straight line I was wondering how can you prove the boundry line and what to do with these gardens that have moved out dont mind them using it but i also don't want them thinking they own it either as in years to come it will make the field awkward top plough also i dont know when they moved these fences as my father never used to walk this ground until i noticed it theres a bit of fly tipping also
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

So We own a farm and we have some very large christmas trees growing on a small portion of a field I was walking through the field and along the boundry I had noticed a few people had extended there gardens out into the field as the boundry is a fairly straight line I was wondering how can you prove the boundry line and what to do with these gardens that have moved out dont mind them using it but i also don't want them thinking they own it either as in years to come it will make the field awkward top plough also i dont know when they moved these fences as my father never used to walk this ground until i noticed it theres a bit of fly tipping also
    Thanks

if the property is registered with the land registry, there might be a map showing boundry, if registered with the registry of deeds, there is a written description.

You'd probably want to contact a solicitor and get them off your property asap before they feel entitled to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

davindub wrote: »
    if the property is registered with the land registry, there might be a map showing boundry, if registered with the registry of deeds, there is a written description.

You'd probably want to contact a solicitor and get them off your property asap before they feel entitled to it....

Thanks is my best bet to ring the property registration authorithy to see if they have anything I know I can find it on OSI maps but thats only guess work using land direct due to the trees overhanging the boundry line

Thanks is my best bet to ring the property registration authorithy to see if they have anything I know I can find it on OSI maps but thats only guess work using land direct due to the trees overhanging the boundry line

You would be better to get a solicitor to do it, did you purchase the landdirect folio?
    I'm not sure on the significance of the overhanging trees, but it might be a case of define with your solicitor and then enforce that definition. Also the properties that are spreading onto the land can be checked as well.

davindub wrote: »
    You would be better to get a solicitor to do it, did you purchase the landdirect folio?
    I'm not sure on the significance of the overhanging trees, but it might be a case of define with your solicitor and then enforce that definition. Also the properties that are spreading onto the land can be checked as well.

Didnt buy the folio do is it possible to walk into county council office as I did this before to get up plans for the house side of the property or is there special extras when you purchase the folio

http://i.imgur.com/U0495Yv.png
    http://i.imgur.com/9dsZYKV.png
    Heres two links of screenshots from land direct to give an idea of what I mean

• Advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/U0495Yv.png
    http://i.imgur.com/9dsZYKV.png
    Heres two links of screenshots from land direct to give an idea of what I mean

Yes it will contain the full folio details.

But if not hiring a solicitor, it should be enough to go the owners, hopefully they just move the line back without issue.

Advertisement