Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B315 help please

• 13-06-2017 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I have Sky landline BB of 2mb currently.

I picked up a three network (second hand) and a AYCE sim during the week and am getting speeds of 15mb/8mb down/up.

I have a large network (switch/Synology NAS/etc.) in the house and the sky router does all the DHCP serving for it... i dont want that to change for now.

Im not 100% on how to implement the B315 and use its internet speeds and just plug out the landline connection.

I know i have to put the address of the sky router into the DMZ of the B315, and that i disable firewall on the B315, but im stuck beyond that.

Any help would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'll end up with a triple NAT mess. Just replicate the Skys config on the Huawei. Should only take 10 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

cheers, for the info... yeah it was getting a bit messy there, its up and running now but did take the sky router out of the equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

I found the b315 was not up to media streaming around our house. It's a basic router at best.

I swapped out a standard landline router for a B315 but TV was choppy and unwatchable even in SD. Ended up keeping the old router as a totally separate LAN without internet for my media, and the B315 for internet / WiFi. I might need to connect both routers in the future but this is working for me.

Advertisement