Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under construction Insurance

• 13-06-2017 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hopefully someone can give us a steer on this.

We (myself and my wife) are about to begin a house extension and partial refurbishment. Mortgage of €200k, the house is 100 years old and will be occupied by a parent over the duration of the build (9 month contract).

We have been approved for the mortgage and have been told we must have "under construction" insurance to cover for fire (the bank requires this prior to first draw down). The house is being transferred over to me at the moment.

Finding it very hard to get a quote for this. Has anybody come across this or could direct to a firm that provides this cover?

The house is a family farmhouse and we can't be the only people who have ever gone down this route.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement