Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Seeing trump and truth in the same sentence...:confused:

Out of curiosity, if say one of your parents contracted and died from skin cancer, how would you react if I called up to offer condolences and said "sure they new what the risks when they booked those Spanish holidays"!?

Would you and your siblings appreciate that kind of truth?
    All over the place on this Oscar. He is the US President, in charge of the most powerful military in the world. He is not a two bit councillor. 

Seeing Trump getting criticized for apparently saying the soldier who died knew what he was signing up for. It's just the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

frag420 wrote: »
    Seeing trump and truth in the same sentence...:confused:

Out of curiosity, if say one of your parents contracted and died from skin cancer, how would you react if I called up to offer condolences and said "sure they new what the risks when they booked those Spanish holidays"!?

Would you and your siblings appreciate that kind of truth?
    All over the place on this Oscar. He is the US President, in charge of the most powerful military in the world. He is not a two bit councillor. 

Seeing Trump getting criticized for apparently saying the soldier who died knew what he was signing up for. It's just the truth.
    I would absolutely. Don't sign up to the US Army when you know it is the Army of a country which loves war and is always involved in wars, invading countries, bombing towns and cities, taking part in operations in godforsaken places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

everlast75 wrote: »
    were the tapes of the Comey chat ever released?

How many times has Trump used the "I have a recording" bluff, the problem is his supporters fall for his bull every time, any normal person knows Trump has backed himself into a dung heap the issue is there are about 40% of Americans who will lick that cow dung straight off his face and call is chocolate.

And they wonder why USA is going down the drain so fast, well when 40% of your population are bat **** crazy you are at the end of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,403 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

were the tapes of the Comey chat ever released?

There weren't any tapes it appears. It was just Trump talking rubbish AGAIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I would absolutely. Don't sign up to the US Army when you know it is the Army of a country which loves war and is always involved in wars, invading countries, bombing towns and cities, taking part in operations in godforsaken places.

So he rang to them you I told you so! He claimed that this was the hardest part of his job. Telling people the truth is hard for him?

Do you honestly not see that there is a time and place for such conversations? Of course soldiers know there is the possibility, they are willing to put their lives on the line for what they perceive as the good of their country.

Why the outcry about those killed in Bengazi and the hours of testimony from HC about it. Surely those people stationed there knew of the risks when they signed up?

Why the outcry from the GOP and gun lobby after the Las Vegas shooting not to politicise it? Surely those people killed knew that by entering a state where guns are legal they could be shot.

Have you ever tried American chocolate...its one and the same with dung!!
    How many times has Trump used the "I have a recording" bluff, the problem is his supporters fall for his bull every time, any normal person knows Trump has backed himself into a dung heap the issue is there are about 40% of Americans who will lick that cow dung straight off his face and call is chocolate.

And they wonder why USA is going down the drain so fast, well when 40% of your population are bat **** crazy you are at the end of times.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

He is the US President, in charge of the most powerful military in the world. He is not a two bit councillor. 
    Well, he's certainly a two-bit president.

Look, I get it: you're impressed by a con man for his ability to deceive people. We all admire different things in different people. If being a deceitful lowlife is what it takes to impress you, well, you do you.
    ...and, as we all know, widows love nothing more than harsh truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

frag420 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried American chocolate...its one and the same with dung!!

I love hersheys kisses, but i can say i have never eat dung to say they taste like that, they sure as hell dont smell the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

oscarBravo wrote: »
    He is the US President, in charge of the most powerful military in the world. He is not a two bit councillor. 
    Well, he's certainly a two-bit president.

Look, I get it: you're impressed by a con man for his ability to deceive people. We all admire different things in different people. If being a deceitful lowlife is what it takes to impress you, well, you do you.
    ...and, as we all know, widows love nothing more than harsh truth.
    I was very impressed by his victory to become President. That's all. I know he is just winging it as he goes along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

I was very impressed by his victory to become President. That's all. I know he is just winging it as he goes along.

For someone who is apparently on impressed by his victory you sure do defend him a lot...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

A Little Pony will be taking a little holiday from the forum.

Lets leave it there.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Now the soldier's mother is confirming Wilson's account of the telephone conversation.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call a day earlier.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Post on Wednesday that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. She stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said in an exchange with the Post.

I wonder will The Donald call the dead soldier's mother a liar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Of course not, Donald is all about respecting the troops remember.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Of course not, Donald is all about respecting the troops remember.

Forgot that. Forcing minorities to stand for the national anthem is much more important than consoling their grieving widows.

As for Trump trying to insinuate the Obama never got in touch with his (Trump's) own Chief of Staff after his son was killed in Iraq - something Kelly has worked to keep out of the public eye as it's obviously an incredibly sore point - well it turns out that Obama did indeed get in touch. Not just that, but he hosted a breakfast with Kelly and other Gold Star families whose parents had died in combat.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/355861-obama-hosted-kelly-at-breakfast-for-gold-star-families-after-son-died

Genuinely, has anyone ever seen a more pathetic, cowardly figure in their entire lives than Donald Trump? The consistency of his his cowardice is nothing short of astounding, but this might be the biggest example yet. The man has shown over and over to have absolutely no balls when it comes to backing up his own statements and hides behind the dead children of those working to try and make him look less of a clown. No wonder his own fans can't even bring themselves to try and defend him.

I know this has been asked many times before but could this be the straw that breaks the back?

Trump used the patriotism of people, and the love and respect for the military in the US to drive his argument with the NFL, He successfully rebranded the kneeling as an attack on the flag and the soldiers rather than the actual protest against violence.

The problem is now it appears that it is he that is being disrespectful. First in his les about Obama and W Bush, then in his use of Kelly's family tragedy to try to save himself and now finally from his crass remarks and total lack of empathy for the family of the soldier who died in Niger.

I won't be holding my breath, as the like of MLP have shown there are a certain cohort of people that will simply rid themselves of any human decency in order to maintain their position on Trump, but could this be something that finally get the GOP to see the problem?

US has a particular love affair (maybe respect is the better term) for their military. A bit like the UK but it seems even more ingrained. This is different from some of the other 'scandals' as they were mostly against either politicians or sport stars or whatever. This is failing the very people he said he stood for, the very heart of who America sees themselves as.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I know this has been asked many times before but could this be the straw that breaks the back?

Trump used the patriotism of people, and the love and respect for the military in the US to drive his argument with the NFL, He successfully rebranded the kneeling as an attack on the flag and the soldiers rather than the actual protest against violence.
    Your 1,000 word answer right here:

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg
    "I stand for the national anthem"

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nope.

During the election, I couldn't help but compare Trump to the Greg Stillson character in Stephen King's The Dead Zone. This morning I was thinking about that comparison again, but this time I was thinking about how candidate Stillson was finally laid low: he grabbed a baby and held it up as a human shield against a would-be assassin's bullet.

I asked myself: if President Trump did that, would he lose his core support? I'm at the point where I honestly don't think so. I could mentally hear the chorus of "fake news!"; "he's the leader of the free world, that was just a random baby"; "how is this different from a Secret Service agent taking a bullet?" and so on.

OK, that's a bit glib of me, but a Gallup poll shows 47% of white people approve of Trump's job performance (compared to 5% of blacks and 17% of hispanics). That's a truly depressing statistic. If being an abject failure isn't enough to convince people that he's not doing a good job, what will?

I see Donald trump isn't happy with John McCain after the senator from Arizona wasn't complimentary to him. Trump has said he'll hit back. How can a man in his seventies be so fecking childish and thin skinned ?

And how dare that mother of a fallen solider have the nerve to back up what a toad like trump said about her son ? He has form in attacking families of soilders killed overseas so this family maybe in for a trump special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If the Russian's actually put Trump in the White House it was a stroke of genius.He's turned the country in on itself.they're so divided they can't even tell who's friend or foe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I reckon the judges will be mentioned next seeing as how two different judges, one in Hawaii again, have ruled against the Admin's attempt to bar people from certain "Islamic countries". Leon Panetta [Fmr Sec Def] was on CNN responding to Don's comments about the dead soldier's family and respect for the US military in general.

According to a report in the Guardian, Jeff Sessions has started to loosen his flat out denials that he ever talked policy to Russians when he met them.
    Under intense questioning by the Senate judiciary committee, Sessions departed from his previous blanket denials about contacts with Russian officials, saying he did “not recall” elements of the conversations in three meetings in 2016 with the ambassador, Sergey Kislyak, and conceded for the first time that substantive issues may have been discussed.

In a series of testy exchanges with Democratic senators, the attorney general also amended his previous insistence that he had no Russian contacts. This time, he said: “I did not have a continuing exchange of information” with Russians.

For a lawyer, as Sessions is, to accept that "may have" is akin to accepting that it happened but that he can't say it. This is quite a development and might Sessions be the weak link in the chain? I always got the feeling that Sessions was actually torn between his sense of duty to the US and his sense of power for the GOP. Trump attacking him, and other senior members of the GOP, may have shifted that balance.

So now we have accepted attempted collusion from Trumps Son, his campaign manager and his senior advisor. We have attempted business dealings with Russia during the campaign and now the AG stated that he may have had substantive discussions with Russia government employee during the campaign but that he didn't have continuing exchange.

The he saying he was top of his class when he clearly wasn't top of his class just shows that trump doesn't understand that when he says things they can be checked.

He seems to have built it up in his mind of how his life was and is that he has clearly forgotten what's true and what's not.

Your 1,000 word answer right here:

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg
    "I stand for the national anthem"

And just to drive home exactly what I'm talking about here, FOX are already getting out there with the propaganda:
    EARHARDT: So this representative, this Democrat down in Florida, said she was in the car — I believe it was in the car or she was listening on the speakerphone with the wife down in Miami. And she said that the president was insensitive when he called to say, “I’m sorry your husband died fighting for our country.”And she said he framed it wrong, he said that comment, she was really offended by it. My response to this was the president of the United States of America called to say, “Thank you for your service. I’m sorry for your sacrifice.” That in it of itself is extremely special that the president of the United States picked up the phone to call these families.
    Full video here (excerpt starts at 2:45): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8FywqcSWA

Not only did this Earhardt presenter on FOX refuse to repeat what Trump said ("he knew what he was signing up for", instead just saying "that comment") but she then appears to completely make up him saying “I’m sorry your husband died fighting for our country” out of thin air when there is no record of him saying that at all, just to fit the narrative they're trying to mold from this in the same way a PR company would.

I would have figured the above 'picture says a thousand words' post was as self explanatory as can possibly be but apparently not so I'll spell it out really, really simply (and that isn't directed at you, Leroy!). Claiming to be against the constitutionally protected right to kneel for the national anthem (which many servicemen and women have come out to support the right to do, as these are the rights they put their lives on the line for) due to a false claim that it's disrespectful to the flag and those troops to do so, while literally using your ass to rub that same flag into the dirt at the same time as proudly wearing a shirt about "standing for the anthem" typifies the entire hypocrisy of the Trump fanbase in one single image. Just to spell it out as easily as possible for anyone unable to understand how that picture says a thousand words; in context it's possibly the best single image summation of Trump fans full stop since he emerged two years ago.

Needless to say, these same Trump fans (who spent plenty of time taking a collective dump on the Gold Star Khan family last year, let's not forget) will not even care in the least about Trump's harsh words to the mother who lost her son while he was serving his country. Not in the tiniest little bit. And the likes of FOX while shrieking about respecting the flag, anthem and troops (even as Trump and Hannity on FOX itself sit on their asses and talk over the military song 'Retreat' which to be saluted the same as the anthem unless in protest, while other Trump fans clap, cheer and holler over it) are only more than happy to churn out hypocrisy as for the most part they're less a news organisation and more a propaganda network at this point.

And because of Republican fundamentalism and the mindless cult like following of Trump supporters, they'll only be too happy to lap whatever FOX, Breitbart and co shovel at them. We've seen it on here too, with Trump fans claiming things like how they would disavow him immediately if he went after LGBT rights only turn around and point blank defend him attacking those same LGBT rights (right down to the act they brazenly cited as it was something they never thought he would break).

Those still supporting Trump won't back away from him over this, if anything the mother of this dead soldier will likely be getting death threats from 'Kekistan' in the coming days or weeks instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's just sad now.

I don't think he's being particularly callous or insensitive for the sake of it.

The intention behind what he said to that poor widow was more than likely well-meaning.

What's depressing is how other republicans will stand behind the words, in spite of who is spewing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What is really sad is that both sides are using people who died for their country as pawns in a battle to make each other look bad.
    There is no winner in all of this.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What is really sad is that both sides are using people who died for their country as pawns in a battle to make each other look bad.
    There is no winner in all of this.

I don't think that's a fair summation of the dead soldier's mother at all, to be fair. It was brought up by the congresswoman but the fact the mother came out to support that view within about 24 hours makes it seem fairly clear the congresswoman was acting on her behalf/with her blessing on it. Meanwhile Trump is lying left, right and centre over the matter, hiding behind the dead children of his own staff and claiming ex Presidents didn't contact the families, while FOX are more than happy to ignore what Trump actually said and instead make up different things that they want him to have said because they would have been more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Every.single.day there is a new scandal.

Apparently he promised €25000 from his own personal account to the father of a soldier that died - didn't pay until the WP followed up on it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/19/donald-trump-promised-soldiers-father-25000-sent-cheque-asked/

His golf club said they gave 5 million to charities - but when the NPR checked into it, the figure was down to around 800k

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/18/558352411/a-trump-golf-course-said-it-gave-millions-to-charity-heres-what-the-numbers-say

on the 15th October he was 267 days in office - and was, for the 72nd time, at the golf course. 91% of PR still doesn't have power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Outstanding work from president Trump thus far.

Economy soaring

Jobs up

Stocks up

NK being dealt with

ISIS in tatters

Still work to be done after the mess Obama left the president but he's headed in the right direction

Trump 2020. Keep America great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's just sad now.

I don't think he's being particularly callous or insensitive for the sake of it.

The intention behind what he said to that poor widow was more than likely well-meaning.

What's depressing is how other republicans will stand behind the words, in spite of who is spewing them.

I think this is the point.

I read an article yesterday , can't find it right now but basically what they said was this.

Making these kinds of calls is incredibly hard and Trump would have never had to do anything like this in his life up to now and so it is absolutely reasonable to think that he probably did say those words , not out of disdain or malice , but just because it's very hard to find the right words in that kind of situation and he's not exactly renowned for his extensive vocabulary.

The correct response to this would have been to largely ignore it and just re-affirm that the loss was terrible and his thoughts and prayers were with the family etc. and it likely would have withered on the vine.

But - He is utterly incapable of accepting that he could make an error and is equally incapable of not responding to someone calling him out for an error.

So he chose the option he always chooses when someone challenges him , regardless of the scenario and people involved and has now effectively called the widow of a dead soldier a liar.

Utterly repellent - Not for what he said , but for his reactions to and defence of what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

BillyBobBS wrote: »

2/10, too obvious.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Economy soaring

Jobs up

Stocks up

NK being dealt with

ISIS in tatters

Still work to be done after the mess Obama left the president but he's headed in the right direction

##Mod Note##

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It is absolutely reasonable to think that he probably did say those words , not out of disdain or malice , but just because it's very hard to find the right words in that kind of situation and he's not exactly renowned for his extensive vocabulary.

It is also reasonable to add it to the pile of evidence that he has absolutely no empathy for normal humans.

I not sure which he is: a psychopath, a sociopath, or just a grandiose narcissist, but one thing is obvious: he's nuttier than a palletload of Topics.

I read an article yesterday , can't find it right now but basically what they said was this.

Making these kinds of calls is incredibly hard and Trump would have never had to do anything like this in his life up to now and so it is absolutely reasonable to think that he probably did say those words , not out of disdain or malice , but just because it's very hard to find the right words in that kind of situation and he's not exactly renowned for his extensive vocabulary.

The correct response to this would have been to largely ignore it and just re-affirm that the loss was terrible and his thoughts and prayers were with the family etc. and it likely would have withered on the vine.

But - He is utterly incapable of accepting that he could make an error and is equally incapable of not responding to someone calling him out for an error.

So he chose the option he always chooses when someone challenges him , regardless of the scenario and people involved and has now effectively called the widow of a dead soldier a liar.

Utterly repellent - Not for what he said , but for his reactions to and defence of what he said.

A defining charecteristic of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is the absence of empathy. Trump was literally incapable of understanding what the widow was feeling and thinking. From that perspective, he is relatively blameless.

If you like lies, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Press Secretary Sanders admitted that no recording of The Donald's conversation with the soldier's widow exists.

If you like lies, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving. Press Secretary Sanders admitted that no recording of The Donald's conversation with the soldier's widow exists.

****ing hell - its like they are not even trying to hide the fact that he spouts nothing but lies anymore :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Its quite depressing really. If any other world leader were to be caught doing this, they would be raked over the coals by everyone & take a hammering, but there are just so many of these things happening on a daily basis, that one terrible action is wiped from the memory by the next days acts.

Not to defend Hilary for the various things she has done, but she is still being haunted by the email issue a year later. Whereas nothing seems to stick with Trump because the US press basically give a free pass on any one particular issue.

I'd absolutely love to see him have to sit through an interview with someone like Andrew Marr who wouldn't let a topic go until he got an answer to his question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I agree with you up to a point. It's not like he is some sort of wordsmith and could very easily been a little clumsy. He hasn't challenging the widow though, more the Democrat congresswoman who initially made the claim.

Now this thing stinks of a complete set up to me. Either the congresswoman was sitting around waiting to hear this call or she is taking a third hand account of it from the widow. Regardless, it's a pretty scummy thing to use a dead solider as a political points scoring tool by her.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Well considering Trump took 12 days to call the families of other fallen soldiers, then the Congresswoman was taking a real punt on the chance he may call while she was in the car with the soldiers widow, a real stroke of good luck for the Dems eh!?!?

More likely she is a politician with integrity and compassion who wanted to show support to the widow of a soldier who died fighting for his country an escort her to meet her husbands body as it was returned!!

The widow has backed up everything that the Dem congresswoman said and apparently it has been verified by others who also heard the call!

Even Sarah Suckabee Saunders is not denying it anymore...

Trump does not need to be set up for him to look like a complete fool, he manages that all by himself!
    JRant wrote: »
    I agree with you up to a point. It's not like he is some sort of wordsmith and could very easily been a little clumsy. He hasn't challenging the widow though, more the Democrat congresswoman who initially made the claim.

Now this thing stinks of a complete set up to me. Either the congresswoman was sitting around waiting to hear this call or she is taking a third hand account of it from the widow. Regardless, it's a pretty scummy thing to use a dead solider as a political points scoring tool by her.

• Advertisement

It's very likely she was with the woman for the same reason presidents call these people - because she had recently lost her son while serving the country. It's also very likely she had the woman's blessings to bring it up or may have even been asked to, as the woman backed up the story the very same day when Trump challenged it.

Furthermore, if this is to be seen as scummy behaviour due to politicians talking about dead people with regard to other politicians, then what are we to make of the likes of the Benghazi incident or Trump brazenly lying and even throwing his own chief of staffs dead son (something he has worked to keep out of the public) in front of himself as a shield when it turns out Obama did a lot more than just call John Kelly?

Frag420 can you clear your pm inbox please? It's full! :)

Economy soaring

Jobs up

Stocks up

NK being dealt with

ISIS in tatters

Did you check on the Trump stock value yesterday?

Sorry dad:D:D

done!

Frag420 can you clear your pm inbox please? It's full! :)

****ing hell - its like they are not even trying to hide the fact that he spouts nothing but lies anymore :confused:

I would say that the next White House casualty will be Kelly. A former general who's son's death was used by Trump to defend the indefensible and who must be aghast at how the relatives of soldiers killed in combat are being treated by him. I can't see how he could, in conscience, continue to work with Trump.

Its quite depressing really. If any other world leader were to be caught doing this, they would be raked over the coals by everyone & take a hammering, but there are just so many of these things happening on a daily basis, that one terrible action is wiped from the memory by the next days acts.

Not to defend Hilary for the various things she has done, but she is still being haunted by the email issue a year later. Whereas nothing seems to stick with Trump because the US press basically give a free pass on any one particular issue.

I'd absolutely love to see him have to sit through an interview with someone like Andrew Marr who wouldn't let a topic go until he got an answer to his question.

Paxman would tear him to pieces.

I'm actually surprised by this, even if it was just Don's half of the conversation it would have given his part verbatim without any editing. Either it tells volumes about the status of Don's telephone calls or there is a degree in sophistry in what is recorded in the WH and other locations that Don uses. I suppose he did communicate with the NOK & families of the other 3 deceased soldiers.

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised by this, even if it was just Don's half of the conversation it would have given his part verbatim without any editing. Either it tells volumes about the status of Don's telephone calls or there is a degree in sophistry in what is recorded in the WH and other locations that Don uses. I suppose he did communicate with the NOK & families of the other 3 deceased soldiers.

no point in airing the tapes if it says exactly what he is accused of saying I suppose.

BTW if Kelly goes, I've read there is a pact with other Senior White House staffers that they will go too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's just sad now.

Maybe, maybe not. The problem is, is that President Twitter just doesn't live in the same world as other people. He's had a sheltered, incredibly privileged, wealthy existence, where people have tried to carry out every single demand, request, order etc that he's issued, which is why he goes to pieces when someone says something that's disagreeable for him.

He literally lives in a golden tower, ffs.

How is a person like that supposed to, even remotely, understand how to empathise with people he probably wouldn't look twice at, if there wasn't something in it for him?

• Advertisement

no point in airing the tapes if it says exactly what he is accused of saying I suppose.

BTW if Kelly goes, I've read there is a pact with other Senior White House staffers that they will go too

That's right - it was discussed in this thread a few weeks ago. Apparently Tillerson, Mnuchin and Kelly have made a pact - one out, all out. If that happened, I couldn't see Trump surviving. Which gives them great leverage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement