Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Guess who's been creating Fake News now!

(Really pathetic fake news too...)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/28/time-magazinetrump-fake-covers-golf-clubs
    Time magazine has asked the Trump organisation to remove fake covers bearing his image from his golf clubs.

The Washington Post reported on Tuesday that a framed Time cover featuring Trump and the headline “Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” [sic], seen hanging at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, was faked.

At the top of the page, in capitals, was the proclamation: “TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS … EVEN TV!”

The cover was reportedly on display at four other golf clubs owned by the US president.

The image, dated 1 March 2009, had never run in the magazine in any format, a Time spokeswoman said. The real March edition featured actor Kate Winslet.

“I can confirm that this is not a real Time cover,” Kerri Chyka wrote to the Post. The paper said Time had asked the Trump organisation to remove the covers from display.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.bb1afd1e7a9d

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/879763701385048064

https://twitter.com/SKeelerTimes/status/879819816131080193

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Jeffrey Epstein is said to have made donations to both the Clinton and Trump campaigns, and both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump have flown on Epstein’s private jet to Epstein’s private island,

So fúcking what? Trump could literally eat a bunch of children or nuke Africa and it still holds no relevance to me disputing the point that what Cernovich said has truth in it, you are trying to discredit that by naming someone else to make an argument that if Trump might have done something then it's fine for others to do the same, completely ignoring the crux of the Laura Silsby case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

B0jangles wrote: »

But the real story, is Hilliary, got one of Bill's child victims to create a framed fake copy of Time, then sneak into the room and hang it up, its all a plan to promote ISIS you know.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Should one read from the above that the Baptist Church in the US was part of a child-kidnapping ring for the purpose of solicitation, that a former President is "possibly" a person with knowledge of "possible" active paedophile in-flight activities on a private jet and that his wife is also linked to a paedophile ring by way of being the employer of a woman who happened to be married to an alleged paedophile, or is this all to be understood as more of the "fake news" mudslinging by unreliable media sources?

No and I don't make that case either, but that's not what Cernovich said in the interview.

What I can take out of it is Clinton stepped in for child smugglers who've they've solicited with in emails in the past.

I think he's full of crap in general.

So fúcking what? Trump could literally eat a bunch of children or nuke Africa and it still holds no relevance to me disputing the point that what Cernovich said has truth in it, you are trying to discredit that by naming someone else to make an argument that if Trump might have done something then it's fine for others to do the same, completely ignoring the crux of the Laura Silsby case.

You are not getting it are you. I no more think Trump is a pervert than I think Clinton is, you on the other hand prove only that you are brainwashed.

Attack Clinton on plenty of real things that are fact that both are involved in the failed decades long intervention mess that is the ME, attack Clintons on the Justice failures, funny thing is Trump is just doing the same. Attack both on real failures not imagined messing with kids.

You need to read some real politics not made up gossip.

A good start on clintons

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/13/the_clinton_dynastys_horrific_legacy_how_tough_on_crime_politics_built_the_worlds_largest_prison/

Dont see Trump doing anything to fix that FU

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/9/14562518/trump-crime-police-orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

So it seems that there's a follow up video to the one released yesterday.
    O’Keefe himself referred to the next tape in a Twitter exchange with CNN’s Brian Stelter earlier today.
    Stelter tried to downplay the scandal by asserting that the staffer shown in today’s video, “Isn’t involved in Russia or Trump coverage.”

“That’s just the reaction we were expecting and it just punctuates the video we release about CNN tomorrow,” responded O’Keefe.
    O’Keefe then responded to a New York Times writer who claimed that O’Keefe unfairly used one individual’s private comments “to represent the whole network.”

“This NYT reporter is about to eat his words tomorrow,” remarked O’Keefe.

Has someone prominent at CNN who has been directly involved in pushing the Russia-Trump collusion hysteria been caught on tape admitting it’s all nothing but hot air? We'll just have to wait and see.

No the only thing predictable is your reaction is so ingrained in the Trump narrative you can not think outside the box, I suppose it comes from following the daily briefings!! what you wrote is gossip is there any EVIDENCE as trump supporters want in relation to any allegations about trump. If you going to play the game at least be fair.

Its funny when ever the Trump guys are under attack that they can not answer they react with But Clinton.

But Clinton when I disputed something someone else brought up. That's a pathetic standpoint.

And like it or not, Clinton is involved in the Trump era. McCabe is under investigation for receiving 700,000 dollars during the email investigation from a Hillary surrogate.

You are not getting it are you. I no more think Trump is a pervert than I think Clinton is, you on the other hand prove only that you are brainwashed.

Attack Clinton on plenty of real things that are fact that both are involved in the failed decades long intervention mess that is the ME, attack Clintons on the Justice failures, funny thing is Trump is just doing the same. Attack both on real failures not imagined messing with kids.

You need to read some real politics not made up gossip.

A good start on clintons

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/13/the_clinton_dynastys_horrific_legacy_how_tough_on_crime_politics_built_the_worlds_largest_prison/

Dont see Trump doing anything to fix that FU

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/9/14562518/trump-crime-police-orders

Salon and Vox, literally progressive propaganda who defend Paedophiles.

Yeah I don't get it, and I don't want to either.

But Clinton when I disputed something someone else brought up. That's a pathetic standpoint.

And like it or not, Clinton is involved in the Trump era. McCabe is under investigation for receiving 700,000 dollars during the email investigation from a Hillary surrogate.

Do I ever claim Trump is banging his daughter or is involved in sorrodid gossip. No I do not. I attack Trump on his lies, his policy his misuse of the WH.

Do I say he is involved with the Russian interference in the election, no I do not because in my opinion there is as yet no solid evidence.

All I ask is you apply the same critical thinking, but I doubt you can.

Salon and Vox, literally progressive propaganda who defend Paedophiles.

Yeah I don't get it, and I don't want to either.

Lol if you had actully read the Salon article you would know why your comment is stupid in relation to that article I'm actully pissing myself now.

But the headline "The Clinton dynasty’s horrific legacy: How “tough-on-crime” politics built the world’s largest prison system"

You really can't see beyond you hate.

• Advertisement

Lol if you had actully read the Salon article you would know why your comment is stupid in relation to that article I'm actully pissing myself now.

Piss all you want, Salon printed articles by people like Todd Nickerson defending Paedophilia so I'll never click that cancer.

C5JgiJeW8AAcsjJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,721 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Piss all you want, Salon printed articles by people like Todd Nickerson defending Paedophilia so I'll never click that cancer.

C5JgiJeW8AAcsjJ.jpg
    If you never click on Salon, how can you say that they defend Paedophiles? You haven't read it; you can't possibly know what it says.

C5JgiJeW8AAcsjJ.jpg

You are a little obsessed. Why when Trump is in trouble do you change the topic?

Peregrinus wrote: »
    If you never click on Salon, how can you say that they defend Paedophiles? You haven't read it; you can't possibly know what it says.

Yeah, more solid logic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/self-confessed-paedophile-todd-nickerson-tells-critics-youre-the-real-monsters-a6675946.html

Self-confessed paedophile Todd Nickerson tells critics: 'You're the real monsters'
    He faced a backlash after writing an article for Salon which asked readers to be understanding of his 'sexual orientation'

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

The Thread is about Trump and his Presidency..

Cut out the off topic rubbish please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

So fúcking what? Trump could literally eat a bunch of children or nuke Africa and it still holds no relevance to me

Well that's obvious to everyone.

What mess has Trump gotten into today? When they start posting videos comparing CNN to ISIS you know something good must have come out for them to distract from.

"So fúcking what? Trump could literally eat a bunch of children or nuke Africa and it still holds no relevance to me disputing the point that what Cernovich said has truth in it"

That's what I wrote.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Quoting another poster out of context and taking a cheap shot at them is against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

You are a little obsessed. Why when Trump is in trouble do you change the topic?

Yes. Whenever Trump is in trouble one or two posters here divert. Crystal clear. Real information must not be allowed out without being contaminated or diverted from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Quite a staggering attack by Sanders and the WH on CNN at the daily press briefing. She was pulled up on it by one (1!) reporter in the room. The rest just sat there and then moved on to asking inane questions about does the president think the healthcare is mean etc.

I thought the most worrying line was

(The bolded bit is mine).

So in a rant about fake news, the WH Press Sec puts out a piece of information, the authenticity of which she doesn't know, as the basis for her rant! First off, the sheer hypocrisy of the WH and Trump supporters is mindboggling. Second, the press pack are a disgrace to their profession. This is not the first time that the WH has used the vehicle of the press briefing as a soapbox to continue a personal agenda against the press. For the rest of the press (except that the one man that had some guts) to simply sit there and accept such an unwarranted attack is cowardice.

I assume, since those that are so against CNN, that if any part of the video is found to be inaccurate that Sanders and Trump will issue an apology and Sanders will immediately resign.

I mean, that the rules now isn't it.

Agree: 'whether it is accurate or not I don't know' = It is not accurate.

• Advertisement

I find it hilarious that you believe I think Trump is in trouble as a way to justify the collective narrative and diminish those who dare to question it.

Just fyi, I don't. A few months ago I would have agreed with you.

Trump could kill a bunch of children or nuke Africa and then we would still have people here talking about Clinton and posting random conspiracy theories as can be seen by previous posting in the last few pages. CNN is ISIS? Really? I thought this was meant to be the high standard forum but clearly some standards have to be kept lower for some or it would just be an echo chamber.

There we go. That should solve any previous issues.

demfad wrote: »
    Real information must not be allowed out without being contaminated or diverted from.

Got a link to those fake Wikileaks emails you were citing?

Still waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

Peregrinus wrote: »
    CNN has protocols that require fact-checking, verification and editorial review before a story is put to air, and fires journalists who do not comply, and this means you can't consider them as "reputable media"?
    Seriously?
    CNN journalists have been fired because CNN was facing $100 millions lawsuit, not for breaking non existing procedures

http://nypost.com/2017/06/27/cnn-staffers-didnt-resign-over-retracted-story-they-got-fired/

CNN with their obsession to Trump totally lost reputation and made Ifowars looks like last outpost of truth

Trump could kill a bunch of children or nuke Africa and then we would still have people here talking about Clinton and posting random conspiracy theories as can be seen by previous posting in the last few pages.

Who brought up Clinton and "conspiracies"?

Hint : it wasn't me.

FBI director McCabe is under investigation for campaigning and receiving 700,000 dollars from a Hillary surrogate during the email investigation, she's still relevant.

There's other investigations too concerning the previous admin which are relevant to Trumps administration.

Who brought up Clinton and "conspiracies"?

Hint : it wasn't me.

FBI director McCabe is under investigation for campaigning and receiving 700,000 dollars from a Hillary surrogate during the email investigation, she's still relevant.

There's other investigations too concerning the previous admin which are relevant to Trumps administration.

But she isn't, nobody cares about Clinton anymore except you. She lost, get over it.

But she isn't, nobody cares about Clinton anymore except you. She lost, get over it.

You speak for everyone now?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

BabyCheeses , Hank,

Move on , now please.

Thank you.

Will do.

House to vote on immigration bills including 'Kate’s Law' and 'No Sanctuary for Criminals Act' today.

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/880012906296819712

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

The story was bollocks though and CNN should not have ran with it. The video is also interesting as he says it is mostly all bollocks by CNN.

I think you might have responded to the wrong person.

While you're here, which media sources do you primarily use and do you think they're fake news? Don't worry, I promise not to go find out where they got things wrong or mention what they did about it when their wrongness was pointed out to them.
    Whatever hits the headlines I just look at it and form my opinion based on what I know about propaganda and power politics and what history tells me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Whatever hits the headlines I just look at it and form my opinion based on what I know about propaganda and power politics and what history tells me.

So completely biased then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

So you dismiss any new stories that show the god emperor in a bad light with wilful ignorance?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So completely biased then!
    So you dismiss any new stories that show the god emperor in a bad light with wilful ignorance?

Mod note:

Despite repeated mod involvement in this thread you two have ignored the warnings and taking snipes at other posters. Take 24 hours off from the forum to think about it.

Mod note:

As per the charter, you are entitled to your opinion about media being propaganda etc. You've now said that and that's fine. But that doesn't permit you to keep rubbishing media sources without foundation.

So if you object to a media source, you will need to explain why in specific detail. You cannot use a generalised opinion to support specific attacks on news reports. If you continue to denigrate news stories based on a general and unspecified opinion about propaganda and power, you will be banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Media/propaganda is designed to control what the masses think. It was used during the English civil war, Caesar used it against Pompey. It was used during the 1641 rebellion with drawings on massacres which happened but exaggerated to Protestants in England.

Moral of the story is do not believe everything you read. Just because it says CNN or MSNBC doesn't mean it is the truth. The question you should ask Johnnyskeleton is why should I trust what any of the media outlets have got to say if they are being caught out spreading false information which isn't true?

Once you lose credibility it is very hard to get it back and that is what is happening. A lot of people now don't listen to the news because it is going to be sanitized, watered down and designed to fit a certain narrative. The narrative currently on Trump is that he is an evil man, he must have colluded with Russia, he must have tried to obstruct justice, all of which hasn't been proven to be true whatsoever. 

If someone can show me one shred of evidence of Donald Trump obstructing the course of justice or colluding with Russia, then go ahead. 

If you continue to denigrate news stories based on a general and unspecified opinion about propaganda and power, you will be banned.
    Moral of the story is do not believe everything you read. Just because it says CNN or MSNBC doesn't mean it is the truth. The question you should ask Johnnyskeleton is why should I trust what any of the media outlets have got to say if they are being caught out spreading false information which isn't true?

Mod note:

Banned it is so. Any further personal attacks, off topic comments, trolling, ignoring mod instructions or other breaches of the charter on this thread will result in a ban.

We are volunteer mods and our time is not yours to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just 12% of Americans support the Senate Republican health care plan, a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds, amid a roiling debate over whether the GOP will deliver on its signature promise to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

In the survey, taken Saturday through Tuesday, a 53% majority say Congress should either leave the law known as Obamacare alone or work to fix its problems while keeping its framework intact.

But the dilemma for the GOP is this: Eight in 10 Republicans support repeal, and close to a third say the law should be repealed even if a replacement health care plan isn't ready yet. Just 11% of independents and 2% of Democrats feel that way.

062817-Health-Care-Poll-ONLINE.png
    Whatever the political disagreements, there is an overwhelming national consensus on what provisions any health care plan should include:

Pre-existing conditions: More than three-fourths, 77%, say it is "very important" that the health care system permit people with pre-existing medical conditions to buy health insurance at the same price as others. Just 6% say that protection isn't important to them. The Senate bill requires insurers to accept those with pre-existing conditions, but it allows states to seek permission to reduce required benefits. Some patients could face dramatically higher costs or lifetime limits for treatments no longer defined as essential.

Medicaid expansion: Nearly two-thirds, 63%, say it is "very important" that lower-income people who became eligible for Medicaid through the Affordable Care Act continued to be covered by Medicaid. Just 10% say that isn't important to them. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that the Senate plan, which would cut Medicaid spending by $772 billion over the next 10 years, would result in 15 million fewer people being covered.

Lower premiums: Close to six in 10, 57%, say it is "very important" that insurance premiums go down in price; 17% say that's not important. The CBO predicts that premiums would rise for a few years under the Senate plan, then fall by about 30%. But overall health care costs would go up for most people because deductibles would be higher and some states wouldn't require insurers to provide some benefits that are now mandated.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/06/28/suffolk-poll-obamacare-trump-senate-health-care-plan/103249346/

Add to that list there is no cap on lifetime healthcare benefits. There are a lot of terrible things that would go back into effect if the bill is passed or ACA is simply repealed wholesale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's just sad when elected representatives don't wish to enact laws for the benefit of the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,368 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't see how trying to wait until after the 4th of July recess to try and bring the senate bill to the floor will work. These senators will go home and will actually have to face their families and constituents who clearly aren't happy.
    Also Mitch McConnell looks completely resigned to the fact that the senate bill is dying and may be dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't see how trying to wait until after the 4th of July recess to try and bring the senate bill to the floor will work. These senators will go home and will actually have to face their families and constituents who clearly aren't happy.
    Also Mitch McConnell looks completely resigned to the fact that the senate bill is dying and may be dead.

Very good point. Especially as so many people are against the bill according to the polls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,368 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Very good point. Especially as so many people are against the bill according to the polls.

They'll probably avoid the constituents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Igotadose wrote: »
    They'll probably avoid the constituents.

That would be an awful lot of constituents. Not possible, because they would only end up talking to very rich people. Oh wait...

Itssoeasy wrote: »

That was why McConnell was pushing hard to get it done before the break, because he knows he'll lose a few more after they get an earful from constituents at the various 4th of July Public events most of them will be attending..

By delaying it I think it's a recognition that it'll be back to the the drawing board again.

I just cannot understand this whole thing - Repealing ACA has been the only thing they've talked about for 5 or 6 years at this stage.

How could they be so fundamentally unprepared??

Setting aside whether you think it's a good bill or not , for them not to have all the GOP Senators & House Reps fully onside and voting as one is a shocking indictment of their parliamentary abilities..

It's difficult when GOP rhetoric is at odds with reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

This whole Russian conspiracy isn't going as well as the left were hoping.

"This Russia thing is just a big nothing burger".

Why is CNN constantly Russia this Russia that?

"Because its ratings, our ratings are incredible right now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/us/politics/trump-campaign-chiefs-firm-got-17-million-from-pro-russia-party.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Trumps old campaign manager got $17 mil from pro Russian Ukrainian party, this is an OFFICIAL submission that he didnt disclose. This excludes the $12m cash he got that was discovered in handwritten ledgers found after Yanukovych got kicked out. Also in the official filling one of trumps campaign pollsters also got $2m from Yanukovych.......

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Mr. Manafort, a patriotic American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I just cannot understand this whole thing - Repealing ACA has been the only thing they've talked about for 5 or 6 years at this stage.

How could they be so fundamentally unprepared??

Setting aside whether you think it's a good bill or not , for them not to have all the GOP Senators & House Reps fully onside and voting as one is a shocking indictment of their parliamentary abilities..

With many issues you can just tell people what you want them to believe and they'll believe it. I think they thought that would work this time. Healthcare is different though because it really does effect everyone.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    With many issues you can just tell people what you want them to believe and they'll believe it. I think they thought that would work this time. Healthcare is different though because it really does effect everyone.

I get that , but removing ACA is the ONLY thing they've talked about for years and years.

I jut cannot fathom how they could be so badly prepared and poorly aligned with all the time they've had to actually plan for the day they'd have the votes and the Executive branch to sign it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I get that , but removing ACA is the ONLY thing they've talked about for years and years.

I jut cannot fathom how they could be so badly prepared and poorly aligned with all the time they've had to actually plan for the day they'd have the votes and the Executive branch to sign it.

Totally unsurprised by their lack of prep.

They're first and foremost Americans (like me.) And they're politicians. So... .we're talking folks whose skill is to do well in front of a camera and get reelected. Trump is their art taking to its highest form - a reprehensible slimy snake that is great at campaigning, keeping his name in front of the media and gathering attention whenever he wants. It's why he'll be so hard to defeat in 2020. It's still America - facts really don't matter. About the only thing that might, short of Trump being impeached (which I view as extremely unlikely), is if the economy completely collapses like it did under GWB after 2008 and everyone that knows someone unemployed or living with no raises (personally had that happening from about 2004-2007), and so on. "It's the economy, stupid" is indeed correct. It's why Clinton beat Bush 1, why Obama won handily vs. McCain, won handily against Romney. And, unfortunately, Obama handed Trump a healthy economy.

GDP rates and stock market prices matter some in the story of the economy, but it's the local impacts that matter at the election booth.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement