Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Calina wrote: »
    I think it is naive to suggest the GOP would not let this happen because they already are. The time to prevent it was to stop him getting the nomination. Every chance they have had since, they have blown. And the issue is not just Trump, it is the people behind him.

Of course Trump is just a useful idiot. The GOP thought they could manage him but he's too maverick. However, there are large parts of the GOP who detest Trump's cronies and who are increasingly appalled at his behaviour. Plus his extremely low approval ratings will increasingly focus the minds of Republicans who will be up for election next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Of course Trump is just a useful idiot. The GOP thought they could manage him but he's too maverick. However, there are large parts of the GOP who detest Trump's cronies and who are increasingly appalled at his behaviour. Plus his extremely low approval ratings will increasingly focus the minds of Republicans who will be up for election next year.
    That was the hope for the "special elections" that have been held in his term, and look how those turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Yes but many states told him to foxtrot oscar. He (i.e. Bannon and Trump's other manipulators) has been going after the intel services and the media in particular but I think this is backfiring spectacularly and I'm waiting for the thud of the other shoe from the FBI. In all of this, I have faith in his plummeting approval ratings.

SOME (20?) of the States told him that. There are 51 States.
    He is preparing legislation now to weaken States ability to resist Federal power.
    This is apparently in relation to sanctuary cities but the power will cover more breadth than this.
    Your assuming that Trump is a useful idiot for the GOP party. He is not. His election was in spite of the GOP. His backers are the likes of The Mercers and The Koch brothers. The Heritage Foundation and other former 'respectable' think tanks are now on board.

It must be remembered that the groundwork has been prepared to weaken US democracy for over a decade now. Remember that most of the prosecutors that Mueller is enlisting are money laundering and fraud experts.
    Anyone in the GOP, Democratic party or in the echelons of power public or private that has been tainted by laundering or fraud are on Trump side.

Protecting Trump, protects them. If Trump needs more power to kill an investigation it suits them..saves them.

This isnt a lucky gamble by a few Russians that hit the jackpot spectacularly. The US has been manipulated from without and within by a RW alliance for a decade. The election of Obama was the catalyst, Trump is the result.

That was the hope for the "special elections" that have been held in his term, and look how those turned out.

Do you think the GOP will retain control of both houses next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not the Senate. The house is gerrymandered to all hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Those were deep red districts though and in each situation the Republican majority was cut massively.

Another thing to remember is it's only been a few months since Trump's election. While his opponents can't stand him his supporters still view him as the second coming..let's not forget how popular George w was initially and by the end you couldn't find a bush supporter anywhere. November 2018 is still 16 months away. Trump still has that fresh out of the box smell on him for Republicans voters, that might not be the case 16 months from now

Overheal wrote: »
    Not the Senate. The house is gerrymandered to all hell

I hope they don't retain control of Congress, but I'm not getting my hopes up considering the aforementioned gerrymandering in the HoR, on top of whatever voter suppression Bannon has planned, as well as the fact that the Republicans only have to defend 8 Senate seats (out of 33), 7 of which are in Republican states - the other being Nevada, which is currently described as a toss-up on the Wikipedia page for the 2018 elections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Those were deep red districts though and in each situation the Republican majority was cut massively.

Another thing to remember is it's only been a few months since Trump's election. While his opponents can't stand him his supporters still view him as the second coming..let's not forget how popular George w was initially and by the end you couldn't find a bush supporter anywhere. November 2018 is still 16 months away. Trump still has that fresh out of the box smell on him for Republicans voters, that might not be the case 16 months from now

Different times.

I think people really underestimate the echo chamber that has been created social media has a lot to answer for, for many it's their only source of information. Note I didn't say news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

demfad wrote: »
    Yes but many states told him to foxtrot oscar. He (i.e. Bannon and Trump's other manipulators) has been going after the intel services and the media in particular but I think this is backfiring spectacularly and I'm waiting for the thud of the other shoe from the FBI. In all of this, I have faith in his plummeting approval ratings.

SOME (20?) of the States told him that. There are 51 States.
    41 have now - http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/kris-kobach-letter-voter-fraud-commission-information/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

rossie1977 wrote: »
    and now decline continue
    For the month of May, CNN averaged 821,000 viewers per hour throughout the entire day and 1.12 million total viewers during the prime time hours. Comparably, FOX News averaged 1.42 million viewers per hour throughout the entire day and 2.24 million viewers during prime time, or twice as many viewers during prime time hours as CNN.

By the end of June, due to CNN being caught in a number of ‘fake news’ stories, its numbers dropped significantly.

On Wednesday June 28th CNN’s numbers dropped to only 666,000 TV viewers throughout the day and only 882,000 viewers during primetime. These pathetic numbers were roughly 80% of May’s monthly average for total day TV viewers and prime time viewers or 20% down.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/cnns-or-fnns-tv-viewership-averages-are-tanking-president-trump-body-slammed-them/

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14209017/1/is-trump-s-war-with-cnn-helping-or-hurting-its-ratings.html
    Bottom line: CNN is at a five-year high in each of the categories we looked at, according to data provided by the Nielsen Company.

Our ruling:
    Trump said CNN’s ratings are "way down."

In fact, CNN is at a five-year high in several key categories, according to data provided by the Nielsen Company.

We rate Trump’s statement Pants on Fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why don't the MSM simply ask why Trump Birther movement is in relation to fake news, and the crowd size, and Bowling Green?

For a man that is almost completely based on fake news himself, the MSM seem to give him and his spokespeople too easy a ride and let them chastise the MSM over fake news without any fightback.

Trump seems to have an issue that they are not reporting on the job numbers, stock market etc. I think they should. It is pretty clear that the jobs and economy is more to do with a continuation of the improvements put in train by Obama and the stock market seems to be based on hope more than actual reality. I would wager that should Trump continue on as currently then all of these will see a market fall off in the coming year(s).

By reporting on them now that will make trying to deflect on the negatives harder when they arrive.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Why don't the MSM simply ask why Trump Birther movement is in relation to fake news, and the crowd size, and Bowling Green?

For a man that is almost completely based on fake news himself, the MSM seem to give him and his spokespeople too easy a ride and let them chastise the MSM over fake news without any fightback.

Trump seems to have an issue that they are not reporting on the job numbers, stock market etc. I think they should. It is pretty clear that the jobs and economy is more to do with a continuation of the improvements put in train by Obama and the stock market seems to be based on hope more than actual reality. I would wager that should Trump continue on as currently then all of these will see a market fall off in the coming year(s).

By reporting on them now that will make trying to deflect on the negatives harder when they arrive.

The Free Press are reporting on jobs etc they are just not attributing it to Trump's policies as president. This is fair.

Because most of them are fine with his association with the likes of Alex Jones who only a week ago tried to seriously report about NASA's secret child slavery colony on Mars (which other oft-cited sources by Trumpeteers like The Daily Caller have been trying to also discuss with a straight face). And let's not forget his close association with the National Enquirer who made up fake stories his political enemies, from Marc Rubio's love child to Hillary Clinton's sex tapes and lesbian affairs all while talking glowingly and lovingly about how wonderful Trump is at any given opportunity.

Trump is the tabloid president for people who don't like to think too much and that is increasingly showing to be a larger and larger part of his fanbase than was given credit for initially - all you need to do is try to engage Trump fans in depth (as in, beyond slogans and catchphrases) about his policies to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I find it pretty amusing that Trump used doctored footage of a staged fight to represent his fight against "fake news". You don't get more fake than wrestling. It's especially ironic as he subsequently was smashed by Steve Austin. It's amazing to see such a super power become a laughing stock of the world because of their leader. The next president will have a big job ahead of him just to undo Trump's damage.

• Advertisement

The next president will have a big job ahead of him just to undo Trump's damage.

I wonder what the next presidential election campaign will look like.Trump has changed things unfortunately. I suspect the next campaign will be an absolute circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Like most extremes, things will swing back. As another poster said, one of key characteristics looked for in the next President will be, to restore the dignity of the office.
    General Ford was no great shakes, but he did that, though not elected.

Hmmm. Any thoughts on the methodology behind your claim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I find it pretty amusing that Trump used doctored footage of a staged fight to represent his fight against "fake news". You don't get more fake than wrestling. It's especially ironic as he subsequently was smashed by Steve Austin. It's amazing to see such a super power become a laughing stock of the world because of their leader. The next president will have a big job ahead of him just to undo Trump's damage.

Its also amusing that Trump this morning accused Kim Jung Un of having nothing better to do than successfully test fire an ICBM while he's on his 400th holiday of his presidency so far

Good to see Trump continuing to cut costs! Trump proposes end to heating aid for low-income Americans

Remembering how some elderly people froze to death due to lack of heating in the worst depths of the recession here, if anyone has been in certain parts of the US in winter they'll know just how bad this could be. I've been in Maryland in December (which is about the same latitude as Kansas city, Indianapolis and Denver) and it gets absurdly cold even there - anyone who watches the NFL will know that playing in the snow in December is very regular for Washington and Baltimore, just a little south of there. Further north, the likes of Maine, Detroit and Buffalo (all quite poor areas to boot) are only a little south of Toronto where I was in the winter of 2015 when it hit -43 Celsius in February with as many 'cold weather' warnings on TV etc as we get drink driving ads around Christmas reminding people that just 10 minutes outdoors without gloves or a hat ran a huge risk of severe frostbite, it's a type of cold that you literally cannot put into words except to say (no joke) everyone with facial hair also had actual icicles coming off of their face). EDIT: Maine is actually north of Toronto.

Of course, if Trump and his fans had their way then if these people didn't freeze to death in the cold, the pneumonia etc caught and lack of health coverage would finish the job for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wouldn't trust the gateway pundit:
    The Gateway Pundit

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, overt propaganda, poor or no sourcing to credible information and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the notes section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Bias: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Nationalism, Some Fake News

Notes: The Gateway Pundit is a hard-right website that is not afraid of conspiracy theories and the occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists. Not a credible source that occasionally publishes fake news.

There dodgy as hell and not to be trusted.

It's /r/The_Jong-unald approved! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's not that I think you're a liar or anything like that, but it's just that Trumpers have a terrible record for spreading false information. Sometimes this may be because they are lying and other times it may be because they're fooled by the lies of other Trumpers.

With that in mind, you'll need to understand that I may be sceptical about your source. This isn't about you personally - you may not even be aware that you are doing this. It's just that, as a group, Trump supporters have a really poor grasp of reality. Again, it's difficult to tell whether they are lying or have been fooled by someone else'e lies but the effect is the same.

Now, as it happens, I have managed to get my hands on the Neilsen ratings of various media organisations' shows. It turns out that these aren't a secret. Ratings are actually published publicly. Surprising I know.

It turns out that CNN's ratings have actually improved over the same quarter last year. by about 95,000. This appears to me to be the opposite of "declining" or "tanking".

In fact, it is starting to look to me as though you have just posted dishonest information. Again, I don't know if you are being dishonest or if you were just fooled by by another Trumper. I just think that this misinformation of yours should be corrected.

I would recommend being a bit sceptical when a Trumper says something. As I said, Trumpers have a terrible record when it comes to honesty. Repeating something false that you read on the internet can make one appear a bit foolish.

If you weren't fooled and were in fact repeating things that you knew to be false, I also have some useful advice for you. Don't be dishonest about publicly available information. It's too easy to be found out. Instead, save your dishonesty for information that isn't as readily available. This way, it will be much harder to debunk your falsehoods and you may be able to retain your credibility among those on the fence.

Best of luck in your future endeavours in dishonesty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Here's the daily Cable TV news channels ratings site from Adweek, they've been doing this for decades.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

wes wrote: »
    Wouldn't trust the gateway pundit:

There dodgy as hell and not to be trusted.

I really don't get why anyone would think that website is anything but accurate

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07/happy-independence-day-2017-thank-god-great-president/

Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Important to put the myth to bed that Trumpers voted him in out of economic anxiety. Economic anxiety had an effect on the likes of Mitt Romney but clearly it is demonstrated here that racial resentment was the key determinant of liklihood of voting Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

demfad wrote: »
    Economic Anxiety Didn’t Make People Vote Trump, Racism Did

Important to put the myth to bed that Trumpers voted him in out of economic anxiety. Economic anxiety had an effect on the likes of Mitt Romney but clearly it is demonstrated here that racial resentment was the key determinant of liklihood of voting Trump.

Hmm, I found the following a bit off putting.

"These specific queries are more useful than broader questions like someone’s views on the economy, which tends to be tainted by partisanship."

They haven't convinced me that this is not entirely relevant to the point they were trying to make and it strikes me that they left it out because it didn't say what they wanted it to. It seems to me they have literally said "We know people vote republican because of concerns about the economy, so we're going to ignore that and find another reason."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

They haven't convinced me that this is not entirely relevant to the point they were trying to make and it strikes me that they left it out because it didn't say what they wanted it to. It seems to me they have literally said "We know people vote republican because of concerns about the economy, so we're going to ignore that and find another reason."

No, if you ask people in America about how the economy is going, Democratic votes tend to say "****e as usual". Republican votes say "The world is ending!" whenever a Democrat is in power, and "Gangbusters!" whenever a Republican is in the White House.

Because they really are that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That's not great alright.

They were fine to track the guy down and find out more about him - e.g. What if any affiliations does he have etc. etc , but once they discovered that he was a random dude making GIF's in his house that should have been that.

The angle for them thereafter should have been about (again) Trump not bothering to see who/what he's re-tweeting etc.

Threatening an individual with Doxxing is not good.

Now , having said that he's clearly a deeply unpleasant individual, his reddit posts are pretty universally vile.

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

They were fine to track the guy down and find out more about him - e.g. What if any affiliations does he have etc. etc , but once they discovered that he was a random dude making GIF's in his house that should have been that.

The angle for them thereafter should have been about (again) Trump not bothering to see who/what he's re-tweeting etc.

Threatening an individual with Doxxing is not good.

Now , having said that he's clearly a deeply unpleasant individual, his reddit posts are pretty universally vile.

They are threatening to out him only if he retracts his apology of reposts his horrible stuff. That seems fair enough to be honest. I think it is actually very fair of them not to out him, they have every right to do so as he is not claiming that it wasn't him that posted it.

Otherwise they would allow him immunity with no conditions, free to cry and then simply go back. Hope he takes this as a lesson that just because you think you are anonymous what you post on 'net is every bit as public as what you say in public and don't write it if you can't stand over it.

It's not smart on their part, Trump shouldn't have tweeted a wrestling meme that can be easily acquainted to violence, but now he has a fallback if some lunatic attacks a journo. CNN have shot themselves in the foot here, the PR is going to be terrible after an already horrible couple of weeks.

Nobody with a brain thinks they're "fake news", they are just deceitfully biased masquerading as a neutral network.

They are threatening to out him only if he retracts his apology of reposts his horrible stuff.

Internet memes?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They are threatening to out him only if he retracts his apology of reposts his horrible stuff. That seems fair enough to be honest. I think it is actually very fair of them not to out him, they have every right to do so as he is not claiming that it wasn't him that posted it.

Otherwise they would allow him immunity with no conditions, free to cry and then simply go back. Hope he takes this as a lesson that just because you think you are anonymous what you post on 'net is every bit as public as what you say in public and don't write it if you can't stand over it.

I get where you are coming from and I think it would have been fair game for them to say that to him individually , but printing the "Be nice or else" statement I think is a bit much..

I totally agree with you that broadly speaking you shouldn't post anything online that you are unwilling to stand-over "in person" but by the same token anonymity is important in certain circumstances.

Now , this case is fairly clear cut in that the guys posts are inarguably racist,homophobic , misogynistic etc. but how would we square CNN's actions if the guy was posting "whistle-blower" type information?

I'd have been fine if CNN had gone to Reddit admins to get the guy banned or even (if they felt it applied) going to the police with his details in terms of some kind of charge of incitement to hatred or whatever.

Them "taking the law into their own hands" is the principal I'm uncomfortable with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Christy42

It's not smart on their part, Trump shouldn't have tweeted a wrestling meme that can be easily acquainted to violence, but now he has a fallback if some lunatic attacks a journo. CNN have shot themselves in the foot here, the PR is going to be terrible after an already horrible couple of weeks.

Nobody with a brain thinks they're "fake news", they are just deceitfully biased masquerading as a neutral network.

The PR will be the same either way. The PR has also not been that bad in the world overall in the last few weeks. They apologised for their mistakes and have set processes in place to stop it happening again. If Trump and his administration would do the same people would be singing their praises. And I would agree that they would deserve credit for it as well.

The fallout from Trump tweeting about attacking the station violently has been worse given he is meant to be the president. I reckon their pr has been bad in a few places were their prerogative has always been bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Have to agree on this point. If the shoe was on the other foot & someone had posted a GIF showing Trump being attacked by CNN, I would 100% put money on it that his name & face would be plastered everywhere & he'd be getting abused from a height.

The tone of the tweet Hank posted is hilarious, I was expecting to read something about them telling the world about this guy. Basically they've said, we know who you are, we'll keep it anonymous, but if you keep up the inappropriate posts then you'll have to face the consequences of that.

This whole situation just feels like we're getting closer to the reality of Idiocracy day by day, never mind 500 years from now

Internet memes?

He had far more than that. Racist, anti-semetic etc.

CNN, being the journalists that they are, took the time to find out the source of the meme, and then looked into what that source actually was. Maybe Trump should try working to those standards himself.

He got off lightly. CNN had every reason to out him. They used constraint and some human feelings to take into account the effect that would have.

Would Trump do the same. Would the right-wing press like Alex Jones, Hannity or O'Reilly? Not a chance.

CNN have done everyone a service with this, not least the person themselves, which from his apology, seems to realise that posted crap on the internet has consequences and you need to take responsibility.

Internet memes?

To be fair, if you read the comments on the Wiki-leaks twitter post that you referenced , there are screenshots of his contributions to Reddit. They are fairly vile.

The CNN Meme was beyond tame in comparison.

For what it's worth I think the reaction to the meme has been greatly overplayed and feeds the "snowflake" image.

The story should have been about Trump being infantile and once again seeing something he likes on Twitter and posting it without checking its source or thinking about the implications.

Christy42 wrote: »
    The PR will be the same either way. The PR has also not been that bad in the world overall in the last few weeks. They apologised for their mistakes and have set processes in place to stop it happening again. If Trump and his administration would do the same people would be singing their praises. And I would agree that they would deserve credit for it as well.

The fallout from Trump tweeting about attacking the station violently has been worse given he is meant to be the president. I reckon their pr has been bad in a few places were their prerogative has always been bad.

Yet again, Trump is causing his own damage. He had CNN on the run, and he let them off by posting this tweet. Now, of course this tweet was posted to actually take away from the story about his personal abuse of two working journalists.

But he himself, has gone from the public questioning CNN to back to questioning him. Once again he has created his own mess.

• Advertisement

To be fair, if you read the comments on the Wiki-leaks twitter post that you referenced , there are screenshots of his contributions to Reddit. They are fairly vile.

The CNN Meme was beyond tame in comparison.

For what it's worth I think the reaction to the meme has been greatly overplayed and feeds the "snowflake" image.

The story should have been about Trump being infantile and once again seeing something he likes on Twitter and posting it without checking it's source or thinking about the implications.

I dont think its the meme and the violence nonsense that is the problem here. Its the case that a president 'the president' of the united states is posting such juvenile rubbish officially in his capacity as president. This is the key point here. Simply not fit for office

There's probably millions of anti CNN memes on twitter and reddit, same for anti Trump, that article by CNN is ridiculous. CNN have created memes by doing live segments on Trump being afraid of stairs or eating two scoops of ice cream, or promoting the whole small hands affair, they've gone too far, it comes across as bullying and a message to others not to post memes lol, it will backfire, bigly.

There's probably millions of anti CNN memes on twitter and reddit, same for anti Trump, that article by CNN is ridiculous. CNN
    have done live segments on Trump being afraid of stairs or eating two scoops of ice cream, or promoting whole small hands affair, they've gone too far, it comes across as bullying and a message to others not to post memes lol, it will backfire, bigly.

It wont, its the same internet weirdos will continue to do as they do. Support a man who put forward people to take away their own personal liberties.

The Irony is delicious i can taste it.

listermint wrote: »
    I dont think its the meme and the violence nonsense that is the problem here. Its the case that a president 'the president' of the united states is posting such juvenile rubbish officially in his capacity as president. This is the key point here. Simply not fit for office

Totally agree - The story is not that the meme "Promoted violence against journalists" it's that the President of the United States behaves like a petulant teenager.

CNN, being the journalists that they are, took the time to find out the source of the meme, and then looked into what that source actually was.

The meme police :pac: @ 1.00

There's probably millions of anti CNN memes on twitter and reddit, same for anti Trump, that article by CNN is ridiculous. CNN have created memes by doing live segments on Trump being afraid of stairs or eating two scoops of ice cream, or promoting the whole small hands affair, they've gone too far, it comes across as bullying and a message to others not to post memes lol, it will backfire, bigly.

Can you honestly not see the difference between some nobody putting up crap on the internet and the POTUS doing it?

If the guy that created it stated that he was so honoured that POTUS had liked his gif and used it.

Can you not see the extra responsibility that being POTUS carries? All that money spent on WH, AF1, security etc etc is not just cause they think POTUS is a cool guy. He is actually important.

Internet posters, and CNN to an extent, that pretty much say whatever they want and have little to no consequence. People can either block or turn off. You cannot turn POTUS off. That carries a certain amount of responsibility.

POTUS would be better advised sitting down with the GOP to hammer out a healthcare bill that actually works. Striking up intensive negotiations with China to try to resolve NK issue. Work with Saudi to reduce terrorist funding.

Instead he has decided that a war with the press, no sorry, a war with the press that he feels is being unfair to him, is the number no1 priority.

• Advertisement

The meme police :pac: @ 1.00

I have no idea what point you are trying to make on this, apart from whataboutery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Internet memes?

So a meme calling for say rape is ok sure it's a meme. It's like the defences I was only joking. Taking the piss is not a magic shield against being rightly called a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

How does one find out the I/D's of Reddit posters [in particular this gent] for contact purposes? I'd have thought there'd ba a firewall on Reddit.

The credibility of Wikileaks on the matter, well..... they're using the Reddit poster as ammo in firing on CNN, which puts them at the level they are imputing to CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

aloyisious wrote: »
    How does one find out the I/D's of Reddit posters [in particular this gent] for contact purposes? I'd have thought there'd ba a firewall on Reddit.

Go through posting history probably. Look for the same username on other sites too.

Can you honestly not see the difference between some nobody putting up crap on the internet and the POTUS doing it?

I do, obv. I said he shouldn't have posted it. It's not the fault of the private Citizen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement