Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Christy42

Malayalam wrote: »
    My reasons are largely subjective and therefore easy to dismiss. He has indeed as you say continued the previous regimes warring activities though I imagine this is for the most part the actions of the permanent government or deep state or whatever people want to call it. But when I observe Trump he reminds me of a totally inappropriate embarrassing relation who says all the politically incorrect things but who at heart does not want cataclysm. I didn't feel that way about Clinton, she is irrevocably cold, calculated etc... Again all subjective feelings. On a slightly more rational level if I was to write the script of Trumps life, there would be a lot not to like but war hungry imperialist would seem to be a plot twist too far. His previous life gives no indication of such inclination, he may adopt it going forward but it wouldn't be a native trait. Speaking as an imaginary script writer, I mean. Clinton however would not strain the imagination too much if she played the role of warmonger. These are purely subjective observations... The feel of the character that I get when I observe them. Sorry that's the best I can do

Thanks for the honesty. In the realm of solid facts I would say he has continued the policies of the previous regime. He appears to have expanded and extended them greatly.

In the realm of subjectivity I don't see him as an imperialist but I do see him as a thuggish teenager who feels he needs to prove his own masculinity. Except instead of just being able to throw punches he has access to the world's most expensive military. I don't trust him not to make decisions based off what he feels will make him look macho. While I disagree with some of Obama's foreign policy and likely would have disagreed with Hillary's I would trust either to think these things through and be able to explain them. Even if I disagreed with the final decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Billy86 wrote: »
    Trump looks like he's wussing out on climate change discussions so he can cosy up with Putin at the same time - very odd timing for their meeting indeed! :pac:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-first-meeting-g20-summit-climate-change-discussions-same-time-global-a7828541.html

At least he didn't buckle like Merkel :pac:
    Germany ‘massively weakened’ draft G20 climate plan to appease Trump

Germany’s G20 presidency dramatically weakened a climate action plan, gutting it of ambitious language and defining gas, and potentially even some coal power, as “clean technologies”, in an attempt to appeal to US president Donald Trump.

http://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/06/29/germany-massively-weakened-draft-g20-climate-action-plan-appease-trump/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

What are the direct implications of this proposed ceasefire in Syria?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/ap-sources-us-russia-reach-deal-syria-ceasefire-48502569
    This will be essential to prevent US and US backed forces (who are inside Syria without an invitation)from coming into direct conflict with the Russian and Syrian regular army forces, now that we are approaching the end game for Islamic State. IS have more or less been eradicated in Iraq, and their capital Raqqa, which is in Syria, is now under attack by US sponsored ground forces.

There could have been even more co-operation earlier if it had not been for all the CNN "Russia links" nonsense, which has meant the Whitehouse was obliged to minimise contact with the Russians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Crowds chanting "Donald Trump" and "USA USA" in Poland.
    The Donald loving it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,234 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That report is a bit misleading no?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/us-nonfarm-payrolls-june-2017.html

"The U.S. job market roared back to life in June, with a better-than-expected 222,000 new positions created in June while the unemployment rate held at 4.4 percent, according to a government report Friday.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had been expecting nonfarm payrolls growth of 179,000 and the unemployment rate to be 4.3 percent."

The dollar is still devaluing however?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

recedite wrote: »
    Crowds chanting "Donald Trump" and "USA USA" in Poland.
    The Donald loving it :)

In actual fact, the government had to organise bus loads of hillbillies because they feared that the crowd would be tiny. I'm sure The Donald is used to small crowds at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see that Ivanka Trump sat in for her father at the G20 summit. How is that alright ? Surely the Secretary of State who was there or some other high ranking us official could have sat in if needed. I mean this is the same Ivanka Trump who is supposedly not going to get into politics btw. I see Fox News don't seem to have this story on their website, yet if Malia or Sasha Obama did the same you can be damn sure the GOP would be up in arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That report is a bit misleading no?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/us-nonfarm-payrolls-june-2017.html

"The U.S. job market roared back to life in June, with a better-than-expected 222,000 new positions created in June while the unemployment rate held at 4.4 percent, according to a government report Friday.

Economists surveyed by Reuters had been expecting nonfarm payrolls growth of 179,000 and the unemployment rate to be 4.3 percent."

Not misleading no, just conflicting reports - in May ADP had a much higher number than BLS and a lot of Trump fans were quick to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon over it. So if that's the report you're going on (BLS rather than ADP), it's at least a big improvement from May's very poor showing of 138,000 from BLS.
    In actual fact, the government had to organise bus loads of hillbillies because they feared that the crowd would be tiny. I'm sure The Donald is used to small crowds at this stage.

And interesting to see his unashamed and open use of alt right/white supremacist rhetoric during it that Trump fans will either go out of their way to ignore or go out of their way to embrace depending on their views of non-white, sorry, [Richard Spencer] "Western" people. [/Richard Spencer]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

recedite wrote: »

There could have been even more co-operation earlier if it had not been for all the CNN "Russia links" nonsense, which has meant the Whitehouse was obliged to minimise contact with the Russians.

You think James Clapper is lying?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,624 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Back on topic. This thread is about Trump's presidency.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Back on topic. This thread is about Trump's presidency.

A presidency that has a focused attack on Islam!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,624 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A presidency that has a focused attack on Islam!

Then discuss that, not Islam in general. No more discussing mod warnings here please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Then discuss that, not Islam in general. No more discussing mod warnings here please.

Debate involves setting a tone by setting the parameters of the discussion you can find the errors in a persons argument. Trump has set out his stall on Islam his surrogates have set out their views. It is only by setting the parameters of the debate that a person can defeat the Trump crap.

Debate involves setting a tone by setting the parameters of the discussion you can find the errors in a persons argument. Trump has set out his stall on Islam his surrogates have set out their views. It is only by setting the parameters of the debate that a person can defeat the Trump crap.

All I'm asking is that discussion stays focused on Trump and the US and not veer off into a general immigration discussion.

Do not debate any more mod warnings on thread please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-pledges-50-million-women-entrepreneurs-48520151

"President Donald Trump said Saturday the U.S. would contribute $50 million to a new World Bank fund conceived by his daughter that aims to help women entrepreneurs access capital and other support.

Ivanka Trump joined World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim on the sidelines of the Group of 20 world leaders' summit in Hamburg, Germany, to launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,158 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I must have listened to a completely different Donald speech, as the one I heard wasn't alt-right in nature and certainly wasn't white supremacist.

He's one of the few world leaders to actually admit there is an issue and blindly ignoring it is not going to make it go away.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to preserve Western culture. You know the one that has given us great literature, science and medical advances. Just because a half wit like Spencer uses a term doesn't mean it suddenly loses the previously understood use of the word for centuries.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    I must have listened to a completely different Donald speech, as the one I heard wasn't alt-right in nature and certainly wasn't white supremacist.

He's one of the few world leaders to actually admit there is an issue and blindly ignoring it is not going to make it go away.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to preserve Western culture. You know the one that has given us great literature, science and medical advances. Just because a half wit like Spencer uses a term doesn't mean it suddenly loses the previously understood use of the word for centuries.

Protect it from what? We are churning out masses of it out continually. It isn't like it is becoming rare to see western style books. I would also say Western culture is a massive mix of cultures. Seriously it was a thinly veiled excuse for racism.

Ivanka's fund is a good idea. Credit where credit is due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Christy42 wrote: »
    Protect it from what? We are churning out masses of it out continually. It isn't like it is becoming rare to see western style books. I would also say Western culture is a massive mix of cultures. Seriously it was a thinly veiled excuse for racism.

In global terms, 50 million is a thing of nothing. Great PR for the misogynist though.

Our alphabet came from Persia, our modern maths the same, advances in medicine in the middle ages guess where they came from. Did those things destroy European culture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Would Caitlyn Jenner qualify for this fund?

Water John wrote: »
    Would Caitlyn Jenner qualify for this fund?

Not sure you can call her an entrepreneur!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-pledges-50-million-women-entrepreneurs-48520151

"President Donald Trump said Saturday the U.S. would contribute $50 million to a new World Bank fund conceived by his daughter that aims to help women entrepreneurs access capital and other support.

Ivanka Trump joined World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim on the sidelines of the Group of 20 world leaders' summit in Hamburg, Germany, to launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative."

Ha ha he such a femist and supporter of women's rights. What a joke... €50m

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-trump-golf-20170327-story,amp.html

Trumpski has cost the USA alone himself €60m in his first few months with his golf trips and melania staying in new york.

Hank, have you not any morals....i know for a fact if it was Obama that was golfing and living it up every weekend as fancy resorts you would be apploectic with rage and wasting tax payers money.

€50m to women's entrepreneurship is an insult.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I said preserve not protect. I know full well Western culture is an amalgamation of the many different peoples over a very long time.

It really wasn't a thinly veiled excuse for racism, that's just preposterous.

• Advertisement

I said preserve not protect. I know full well Western culture is an amalgamation of the many different peoples over a very long time.

Oh no, not at all, I don't see how somebody from those dog whistles could possibly come to that concl---

[NSFW NOTE: the following is a white supremacist website]

Daily Stormer: In Poland, Trump Declares Supremacy of the White Race.

---usion.

On a lighter note as it does appear to have been a coding error (though it makes you wonder who coded that in on the website she linked to and why), this got me laughing:

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/883271897605185536

For anyone who doesn't get the reference - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Our alphabet came from Persia, our modern maths the same, advances in medicine in the middle ages guess where they came from. Did those things destroy European culture?

You can add astronomy in as well.

Now what stopped these once great civilisations from progressing with these many wonderful discoveries?

You obviously have an understanding of these things so why do you think they regressed over say the last 600/700 hundred years.

I make no apologies for wanting to preserve Western culture. It give us a liberal society where all creeds and colours are welcome to add to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Now what stopped these once great civilisations from progressing with these many wonderful discoveries?

You obviously have an understanding of these things so why do you think they regressed over say the last 600/700 hundred years.

Because they had had enough of experts?

Oh no, not at all, I don't see how somebody from those dog whistles could possibly come to that concl---

[NSFW NOTE: the following is a white supremacist website]

Daily Stormer: In Poland, Trump Declares Supremacy of the White Race.

---usion.

On a lighter note as it does appear to have been a coding error (though it makes you wonder who coded that in on the website she linked to and why), this got me laughing:

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/883271897605185536

For anyone who doesn't get the reference - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Yeah, I'm not going near the daily stormer website. Those hate filled Neanderthals don't deserve the oxygen. I can pretty much take for granted that those numpties took western culture as meaning the white race. It's hardly surprising that they will try to make a big deal out of this as they haven't got the first clue what western culture really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭eire4

I would say that Trump himself actually is one of the biggest threats that exist today to western civilization and what he said in Poland included classic examples of that. For instance he hates the idea of free speach and a free press and so he continually attacked the US Press and admired the extremist Polish law passed by their current authoritarian government which was a horrific attack on freedom of speach and a free press in Poland. He is much more interested in a press that will give glowing praise and reports to "dear leader" rather then a free press. Never mind that he is not interested in democracy anyway and clearly wants a much more authoritarian form of government as is the want of demagogues which is exactly what he is.

• Advertisement

Why do you need to preserve it? It is as strong as ever. It preserves itself. Let the various cultures included evolve naturally as they have done for centuries. It is not preposterous interpretation - it is the only way the statement is not completely and utterly pointless.

Yeah 50 million is not much but it is better than nothing and could grow. It is something small but positive and I see no reason to insult Trump over it.

Yeah, I'm not going near the daily stormer website. Those hate filled Neanderthals don't deserve the oxygen. I can pretty much take for granted that those numpties took western culture as meaning the white race. It's hardly surprising that they will try to make a big deal out of this as they haven't got the first clue what western culture really is.

And that's the point of it - "western" or "European" culture has been a dog whistle of theirs and the alt rights for a good long while, indeed one of the biggest/most vocal sections of Trump's main base is the alt right, and they have significant players in his administration. It was a clear case of dog whistling to that section of his support base and they very much picked up on it.

eire4 wrote: »
    I would say that Trump himself actually is one of the biggest threats that exist today to western civilization and what he said in Poland included classic examples of that. For instance he hates the idea of free speach and a free press and so he continually attacked the US Press and admired the extremist Polish law passed by their current authoritarian government which was a horrific attack on freedom of speach and a free press in Poland. He is much more interested in a press that will give glowing praise and reports to "dear leader" rather then a free press. Never mind that he is not interested in democracy anyway and clearly wants a much more authoritarian form of government as is the want of demagogues which is exactly what he is.

Fair enough, I don't agree with everything you've said but there are some truths in there. He certainly comes across as an authoritarian character but so do most world leaders IMO.

Just not seeing him being one of the biggest threats though. Putin certainly is and Merkel has pretty much thrown a live grenade into the heart of Europe with the consequences as yet unknown. Trump is too busy on twitter to do that kind of actual harm.

Why do you need to preserve it? It is as strong as ever. It preserves itself. Let the various cultures included evolve naturally as they have done for centuries. It is not preposterous interpretation - it is the only way the statement is not completely and utterly pointless.

Yeah 50 million is not much but it is better than nothing and could grow. It is something small but positive and I see no reason to insult Trump over it.

It most certainly does not preserve itself. millions of people fought and died in the 2nd World war to maintain a liberal society. It seems to be a common theme that we can just keep plodding along and everyone who comes to the west will automatically assimilate to our way of life. If history has thought us anything it's that this is a complete fallacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Vedic India?

Sections of the US press deserve everything they get short of censorship. Trump is their enemy, he can fight back if he so chooses.

On that note, there's a NYT's story tonight that Don Jr met with a Russian last year. Report comes from Kushners disclosure meetings.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html

And that's the point of it - "western" or "European" culture has been a dog whistle of theirs and the alt rights for a good long while, indeed one of the biggest/most vocal sections of Trump's main base is the alt right, and they have significant players in his administration. It was a clear case of dog whistling to that section of his support base and they very much picked up on it.

Look, those clowns will hang on to any thread they can find, always have and always will. For the vast majority of us western culture is something completely different. How else was he supposed to describe it exactly? I mean it's a descriptive term that has a very clearly understood meaning to the majority of us.

Do the alt-right really make up the majority of Trumps base? That would mean there are an awful lot of white supremacist out there and doing a stand up job at keeping it quiet.

Do the alt-right really make up the majority of Trumps base? That would mean there are an awful lot of white supremacist out there and doing a stand up job at keeping it quiet.

No, but that's what people want you to believe. If you're anyway right leaning you get lumped in with them, traditional conservative values are now deemed racist because the left has pushed the bar so far.

No, but that's what people want you to believe. If you're anyway right leaning you get lumped in with them, traditional conservative values are now deemed racist because the left has pushed the bar too far.

I was under the impression that the alt-right are very much a fringe group with little to no support.

I was under the impression that the alt-right are very much a fringe group with little to no support.

There's a group called the alt-light, those are the immature meme posters who are pro Western values and anti establishment. The alt-right are racists and white supremacists who are led by people like Richard Spencer, they are dangerous people akin to neo-nazis. The media associate both groups as one. The alt right think the lite are phonies and the lite think the alt right are racist. Both groups hate each other. Overall they aren't a large portion of Trump voters, but they offer a huge internet presence. I'd say both groups are on the extreme side though.

This kind of sums it up

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cx5cswYXcAAxpA-.jpg

• Advertisement

It most certainly does not preserve itself. millions of people fought and died in the 2nd World war to maintain a liberal society. It seems to be a common theme that we can just keep plodding along and everyone who comes to the west will automatically assimilate to our way of life. If history has thought us anything it's that this is a complete fallacy.
    The main players on the losing side of that war were Europeans looking to preserve and promote their view of European culture.
    Look, those clowns will hang on to any thread they can find, always have and always will. For the vast majority of us western culture is something completely different. How else was he supposed to describe it exactly? I mean it's a descriptive term that has a very clearly understood meaning to the majority of us.

There is a reason they spotted it - because that's what it was, it was intended to be spotted by them and that is why so many others have spotted it too. He could easily have said something along the lines of 'the world stands against Islamic extremism' for example - but instead he chose the dog whistle.

Though I never said the majority, I said one of the loudest and largest. And one that has direct influence right beside the president with a guy frequently seen as Trumps right hand man. Having said that a substantial chunk of Trump's fan base are just fundamentalists followers of the 18th letter of the alphabet and would have voted for whoever had that letter beside their name.

Someone keeps registering new accounts and writing stuff like the above after a tonne of my posts over the last week or two, not being paranoid!

Just pointing it out in-case anyone else notices the pattern, because I have.

Given that we don't have anyone with Hitler's resources I think we are OK. ISIS are very much on the back foot. Sure stand against Islamic extremism and fight ISIS. These are obviously good things. Don't pretend for a second like it is a fair fight. It is very thankfully not a fair fight and ISIS has been on the decline for quite some time now. Western culture is fine. We are under no threat of invasion and the various Western cultures* are getting along fine with sporting, musical and various other art events occurring and going strong.

Either of these things change then give me a call. The closest thing to actually being able to remove liberties from parts of the Western world right now is Donald Trump and he is still a ways off doing damage in that regard I think.

*well there are probably some subsets that are probably struggling, for instance native American culture seems to be under threat a bit but I don't think that is what Donald Trump was talking about. It does seem to have an active community defending it anyway which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Given that we don't have anyone with Hitler's resources I think we are OK. ISIS are very much on the back foot. Sure stand against Islamic extremism and fight ISIS. These are obviously good things. Don't pretend for a second like it is a fair fight. It is very thankfully not a fair fight and ISIS has been on the decline for quite some time now. Western culture is fine. We are under no threat of invasion and the various Western cultures* are getting along fine with sporting, musical and various other art events occurring and going strong.

Either of these things change then give me a call. The closest thing to actually being able to remove liberties from parts of the Western world right now is Donald Trump and he is still a ways off doing damage in that regard I think.

*well there are probably some subsets that are probably struggling, for instance native American culture seems to be under threat a bit but I don't think that is what Donald Trump was talking about. It does seem to have an active community defending it anyway which is good.

Islamic extremists have attacked each of the things I bolded and you say Trump is a bigger danger...jeez cool your jets...the hatred for anything Trump is causing you issues.

We are under no threat of invasion and the various Western cultures* are getting along fine with sporting, musical and various other art events occurring and going strong.

Either of these things change then give me a call.

Things aren't getting along fine, along with the concert attack in Manchester, concert segregation is already starting in Sweden because of sexual assaults.

Sporting events have been threatened too, a bomb went off at the France Iceland game among others.

The arts aren't a good measure for such problems either. I'd love to argue with you on a broader scale outside of art events but there's been a mod warning already so I'll let it pass until an appropriate thread is created.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Islamic extremists have attacked each of the things I bolded and you say Trump is a bigger danger...jeez cool your jets...the hatred for anything Trump is causing you issues.

Yes ISIS is a threat to human life currently. I said that and they have attacked these things. Can they actually do anything to stop us from having more concerts, to remove our democratic institutions or leave us with less human rights? No they are quite frankly too weak to do any of this as much as they would want to.

As an example an assassin is a threat to a single monarch, the assassin is not a threat to the monarchy (unless something else is at play). Our culture is not under serious threat.

As an example an assassin is a threat to a single monarch, the assassin is not a threat to the monarchy (unless something else is at play). Our culture is not under serious threat.

Tell that to the people living in the Belgium ghettos.

Yes ISIS is a threat to human life currently. I said that and they have attacked these things. Can they actually do anything to stop us from having more concerts, to remove our democratic institutions or leave us with less human rights? No they are quite frankly too weak to do any of this as much as they would want to.

Its not ISIS...its Islamic extremists.

Yes the link Hank posted shows that the attitude is changing in Sweden having women only concerts.

Thats all besides the point,your silly assertion that Trump is a bigger danger to Western civilisation is the issue.

How is Trump a bigger danger to Western society/civilisation than Islamic extremist?

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Its not ISIS...its Islamic extremists.

Yes the link Hank posted shows that the attitude is changing in Sweden having women only concerts.

Thats all besides the point,your silly assertion that Trump is a bigger danger to Western civilisation is the issue.

How is Trump a bigger danger to Western society/civilisation than Islamic extremist?

Trump has power, Islamic extremists have very little in comparison. Hitler caused the deaths of millions in the west and Western culture still held strong. Islamic extremism won't reach the 1 million mark (of western people as that is what the discussion is about currently). Yes all those deaths are sad and we should be and are doing things to prevent it but will they bring down Western culture? Not a hope in hell. I did mention that Trump was a ways away from it but I dislike how much he seems to want to take freedom away from the press.

Seriously these arguments are terrible. Yes there are some issues but it is being blown up beyond proportion. Is Irish culture under threat from gang warfare? You have an answer and want to get to it any way you can. Please tell how some anti social issues in a Belgium ghetto are going to bring down all of Western Civilisation. I really want to see how that logic goes.

Till then I am sure that Trump will keep drumming up fear of Muslims while removing health care from the people he claims to defend.

• Advertisement

Trump has power, Islamic extremists have very little in comparison. Hitler caused the deaths of millions in the west and Western culture still held strong. Islamic extremism won't reach the 1 million mark (of western people as that is what the discussion is about currently). Yes all those deaths are sad and we should be and are doing things to prevent it but will they bring down Western culture? Not a hope in hell. I did mention that Trump was a ways away from it but I dislike how much he seems to want to take freedom away from the press.

Seriously these arguments are terrible. Yes there are some issues but it is being blown up beyond proportion. Is Irish culture under threat from gang warfare? You have an answer and want to get to it any way you can. Please tell how some anti social issues in a Belgium ghetto are going to bring down all of Western Civilisation. I really want to see how that logic goes.

Till then I am sure that Trump will keep drumming up fear of Muslims while removing health care from the people he claims to defend.

You made the claim Trump is more dangerous than ISIS...How so?

ISIS(Islamic extremists) are causing people to change their ways right now.

Everything else you posted is a load of bluff and bluster with no relevance to what I asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement