Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Ludo wrote: »
    When even Fox are saying "What did Trump Snr know and when did he know it?" is a valid question which must be answered then you know it is serious. That is an admission that something seriously "wrong" has taken place.

I have been watching Fox and CNN for the last 90 mins (switching back and forth) and I honestly think Fox are in a state of shock and not quite sure how to cover it yet. They are struggling to spin it but not even doing it wholeheartedly yet. I'm sure they are having editorial meetings to come up with a strategy though.

Thought I heard one of the presenters say shure Don jr isn't a government official???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

I can't wait to see what Trump senior will tweet next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

We'll just agree to disagree. :)

Hope I'm right though! Not because I want to be proven right but because I want to see Trump, Bannon and their cronies taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭DaniilKharms

Hope I'm right though! Not because I want to be proven right but because I want to see Trump, Bannon and their cronies taken out.

I ALSO hope you're right.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

swampgas wrote: »

Don't get your hopes up. It'll either be about Hillary, CNN, voter fraud, or the crowds at his inauguration.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up. It'll either be about Hillary, CNN, voter fraud, or the crowds at his inauguration.

Depends what's on Fox and Friends....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

But they knew nothing lol.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    I wonder how the people, particularly the late of this parish Hank Scorpio feel about the hours and weeks they have put in defending the Trump swamp.

(Hi Hank, I'm sure you're enjoying your reincarnation)
    I'm convinced he knew this was coming and set up a new account rather than face the music.
    We'll just agree to disagree. :)

Less of this. No more discussing previous members of this site either. He's not here to defend himself.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Anybody watch the documentary, A Dangerous Game? Its about Trump and his golf courses. There is an interesting exchange that the documentary maker has with a Trump employee with Donald Trump Jnr present. They are talking about water usage of golf courses and the Trump employee actually compliments the documentary makers efforts and says its important to get the message out there so in future the public will know how much water those courses use and they will be forced to use it more economically. Obviously this contradicts the company policy somehow and Trump Jnr makes a off-hand remark that the employees comments will be edited out.

The documentary maker then remarks that the truth of how courses uses water needs to be brought out, which Trump Jnr then remarks that,"Whats the truth Anthony? There's truth the way you see it and there truth as we see it..."

That all ties in with the alternative facts, this family will knowingly lie for their own benefit and will have no second thoughts about it.

This exchange happens around 1H23 into the documentary. Link here

Less of this. No more discussing previous members of this site either. He's not here to defend himself.

I am a new member and don't really understand... can you clarify... is there a minimum sentence count per post or something?

I'll go check the rules, etc. and see if I can figure it out myself... I've never been on a forum that wanted longer posts and so I'm just trying to clarify so I don't mess up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Fake media are smearing us, we've got nothing to hide - not like crooked Hillary and her emails. Investigate her."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

I know. I reckon WH legal teams must be in overdrive though.

It's a tough one for Trump Snr., his usual instinct is to come out all guns blazing, but Don Jr. has completely dropped them in it. If I were more inclined to be paranoid, I'd be getting worried that he's about to nuke North Korea to create a distraction.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I am a new member and don't really understand... can you clarify... is there a minimum sentence count per post or something?

I'll go check the rules, etc. and see if I can figure it out myself... I've never been on a forum that wanted longer posts and so I'm just trying to clarify so I don't mess up.

It's not so much size. It's more than one-line "lol" comments aren't really what this forum is for.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,915 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I know. I reckon WH legal teams must be in overdrive though.

It's a tough one for Trump Snr., his usual instinct is to come out all guns blazing, but Don Jr. has completely dropped them in it. If I were more inclined to be paranoid, I'd be getting worried that he's about to nuke North Korea to create a distraction.

according to jim rickards, theyre preparing for war with nk in the near future anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Absolutely, I'm sure that even he underestimated how stupid the Trump family is. Surely the clock is ticking on Trump's presidency. You'd have to wonder what the next revelation will be. It seems to be a slow dripping tap that will gradually get faster.
    It really says it all to watch this one year on. Donald must have thought he was being so smart with a wink and a nudge to the Kremlin but my guess is they were banging their heads off the wall at the absolute idiot they were dealing with, and if I recall this is right around where the suspicions of collusion with Russia began to gain traction.

Like father, like son it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I hate providing links to Trumpskis chief propaganda officer e.g. Hannity... But he is interviewing Trumpski Jr. Tonight at 10pm American eastern time so 4/5 am here

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-hannity-interview-email-chain-russian-lawyer-meeting

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It seems Fox is more interested now about James Comey and whether or not the memos he made and gave to his college law professor friend were in fact classified and should he be be prosecuted for breaking the law by doing so.

aloyisious wrote: »
    It seems Fox is more interested now about James Comey and whether or not the memos he made and gave to his college law professor friend were in fact classified and should he be be prosecuted for breaking the law by doing so.

Talk about your nothingburgers...

I find it hilarious that Fox's own Kimberly Guilfoyle happy related her conversation with Trump, live on air, and not a single Fox News head has accused her of leaking classified info...

The whole notion that people can't recount non-officially sensitive conversations they've had with the President is absurd on its face. And NOTHING comey shared was officially sensitive. It just makes Trump look awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

James comey isn't an amateur in this. His mentor was Robert mueller, and I highly doubt he hadn't double checked the legal standing of him leaking those memos. So it's just Fox News trying to deflect from the bombshell that trump Jr dropped that caught them off guard. I try not to watch Fox News as I find it brain numbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Of course there's something wrong with it.

First, it's against the law for a campaign to coordinate with non-nationals.

Second, the reason it's illegal is that it means that potentially a President has made an arrangement with a foreign power, for political reasons.
    What law are you referring to in your first point?

In your second point, it does not follow that there is any "arrangement". NSA believes that the Russians leaked certain (Podesta and DNC ) e-mails to Wikileaks in which the Clinton campaign made themselves look bad, by revealing the way they undermined Bernie Sanders and also colluded with a town hall debate moderator, via CNN, by feeding questions and topics in advance of the debate to Clinton.
    None of that constitutes "an arrangement" with Trump. Unless you have some information that Trump paid the Russian hackers to do this? If so I suggest you contact the US security agencies and give it to them.

• Advertisement

Errrrmmmm... so the email chain is from June 3rd - June 7th (barring one rescheduling email on June 8th asking to move it from 3pm to 4pm).. The confirmation email that also stated Kushner and Manafort would be there happened on June 7th at 6:14pm.

Exactly three hours later, on June 7th 2016 at 9:14pm this happened (skip to 6mins 29secs if it doesn't to it automatically)

The meeting took place on June 9th, the same day Trump met with Rince Priebus and donors. June 10th was a Friday which would have given them then and the weekend to really make the most of this info in an explosive manner. Trump Jr says they didn't get any good info, and the Monday attack Trump is bragging about above never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I hate providing links to Trumpskis chief propaganda officer e.g. Hannity... But he is interviewing Trumpski Jr. Tonight at 10pm American eastern time so 4/5 am here

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-hannity-interview-email-chain-russian-lawyer-meeting

No doubt it will be a soapbox piece. Hannity is a card carrying member of the NY Conservative party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I can't wait to see the crowd who analysed Clinton's and Macron's emails get into these. Did Trump Jr kill Seth Green? Is he running a pedophile ring in the basement of Trump tower?

Regardless, I'm sure they will do a great job, transparency and truth is very important to these people.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

That might be good if H can lay off interrupting his guest as usual. I wonder if it's a pre-recorded interview or something the lawyers will have a heavy input into Q & A wise at short notice, with them & sound engineers in the background, fingers on the "cut transmission" button.

Another interesting fact I just heard from some dude on Bloomberg is that Trump Jr's lawyer he just hired has represented the five mafia families of New York. He must be expecting some porrage coming down the line. Nothing better than a mafia lawyer to reduce your jail time :)

That might be good if H can lay off interrupting his guest as usual. I wonder if it's a pre-recorded interview or something the lawyers will have a heavy input into Q & A wise at short notice, with them & sound engineers in the background, fingers on the "cut transmission" button.

Yeah can't see it being live it will be heavily edited but Hannity will only be there to throw softball questions at him. The questions will be set ups on how they want to play it.

• Advertisement

Donald trump Sr statement on Donald trump Jr

"My son is a high quality person. And I applaud his transparency."

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/884815201433944065

VP mike Pence statement through his spokesperson. The last part is very telling IMO. It's basically saying I can't be implicated in stuff i wasn't part of the campaign for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Billy86 wrote:
    Trump Jr says they didn't get any good info, and the Monday attack Trump is bragging about above never happened.

So they tried their best to collude but it came to nothing? Damnit Trumps can you do anything right!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    So they tried their best to collude but it came to nothing? Damnit Trumps can you do anything right!?

Hey it's not a crime if you break into a house and they have nothing worth stealing.

B00MSTICK wrote: »

Pretty much, we're smack bang in Simpsons territory at this point - "I am presently incarcerated, imprisoned for a crime I did not even commit. "Attempted murder," now honestly, did they ever give anyone a Nobel prize for "attempted chemistry?"" - Sideshow Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Christy42

From r/Donald and Trumo's tweet the strategy seems to be Jr released therefore there can't be anything bad in there about him.

I would laugh if I did not suspect the strategy would work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Already seeing lawyers jump to his defense that what he did isn't allegedly considered illegal by any statute.

What it does affirm though is just how much lying they are willing to do. For most Trump voters though, they simply don't care.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »

News earlier on Fox [or CNN] is that SecState Tillerson has got a deal with Qatar on the terrorism front but has to get it agreed to by the other Arab countries doing the blockading of Qatar. He'll have to make sure it isn't sunk by premature release of the final details before the deal is signed up to fully by the Ibn Saud clan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

So the president has broken eh no laws, none.

Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Next.

So far only the laws of nature and decency.

So far only the laws of nature and decency.

Trump's fanbase don't care about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Trump's fanbase don't care about that.

So true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Next.
    Bill lies about a blowjob. Impeached.

Hillary deletes some emails. Crooked Hilary, throw her in jail.

Trump colludes with a rogue nation to conspire to win an election. Next.

Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭derb12

So true!

Just heard the "there is no there there" line from Geoffrey Lord.
    It's going to be a long night😩.

• Advertisement

i wouldnt worry too much over this, 'teflon' donald is doing just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

derb12 wrote: »
    Just heard the "there is no there there" line from Geoffrey Lord.
    It's going to be a long night😩.

Saw his interview earlier this evening on CNN when he trotted that out, insightful analysis.

And he then talks about how there was no talk of the Russians during the run up in Pennsylvania.

The only thing he was good for was deflection, running down the clock so he didn't actually have to answer the questions asked of him.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i wouldnt worry too much over this, 'teflon' donald is doing just fine

Maybe not in the immediate short term but all this stuff is damaging.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

P*ssygate was damaging as well, as was the mocking of the gold-star family. But yet Trumpy keeps on rolling. I don't know how he does it.

understandable statement, and generally i would agree but i suspect 'the smoke screen' of the donald suits the republican party perfectly so they can just do their damage, and are they doing it!

recedite wrote: »
    What law are you referring to in your first point?

In your second point, it does not follow that there is any "arrangement". NSA believes that the Russians leaked certain (Podesta and DNC ) e-mails to Wikileaks in which the Clinton campaign made themselves look bad, by revealing the way they undermined Bernie Sanders and also colluded with a town hall debate moderator, via CNN, by feeding questions and topics in advance of the debate to Clinton.
    None of that constitutes "an arrangement" with Trump. Unless you have some information that Trump paid the Russian hackers to do this? If so I suggest you contact the US security agencies and give it to them.

The law in question is coordinating with a foreign government, as a campaign... part of the campaign finance laws.

As for the other bit, the reason I used the word potentially is that it's about protecting people's trust in democracy.

So, to put the two things back together:

Trump campaign members solicited valuable oppo from - in a roundabout way - the Russian gov. That has very real financial value.

So, if Russians paid for TV ads for Trump, that would be not only illegal coordination, but an illegal contribution.

If the Russians instead gave Trump the money for campaign ads, that again be illegal.

If they gave him something that was valuable, but wasn't cash, like plane rides, or paid for hotels... illegal.

Giving him opposition research, which campaigns pay thousands for, and which DT Jr thought he was getting... illegal.

Put it like this... if a Russian email DT Jr and said, " Hey meet with this russian and he'll pay for all your campaign's flights, " and Trump Jr excitedly agreed to that, the law would be broken.

Or at least many many legal scholars think that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

P*ssygate was damaging as well, as was the mocking of the gold-star family. But yet Trumpy keeps on rolling. I don't know how he does it.

Both situations were disgusting but not illegal. At some stage court summons start though... looks like we're getting there.

He's only there 7 or so months. Will he last the full 4 years?

**** knows what other skeletons are in his closet. His family are open season too. It really is a soap opera. A higher profile Kardashians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Next.

You sound very sure about that. I mean, you do realise that one counter-example of Trump breaking a law would make your crazy statement false?

• Advertisement

He's only there 7 or so months. Will he last the full 4 years?

**** knows what other skeletons are in his closet. His family are open season too. It really is a soap opera. A higher profile Kardashians.

Never mind if he lasts another 4 years. I don't think I'll last if this soap opera continues! It's fecking draining to watch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement