Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

quintana76 wrote: »
    Do you not think that CNN are ruining their reputation by using all means to get the Donald?

The Donald is using all "his means" to get the Donald. CNN are not making up stories about his team meeting Russians etc they are just reporting it. It just so happens that you can't meet representatives of hostile governments to get dirt on your political opponents.

It's scandal after scandal with Trumpski, he just does not want you to hear about them that's why he is attacking the press.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index

Have look at this map where it's red and black, do you want to live there,....for dictators and so called "strong men" the number one rule is control the press, control the story discredit them....sound familiar?

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Long overdue scrapping of the CIA's moderate rebel programme. Some are describing it as an attempt to get closer to Russia. Seemed like it was largely a waste of effort and money.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/trump-ends-cia-arms-support-anti-assad-syria-rebels-170719221850588.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Long overdue scrapping of the CIA's moderate rebel programme. Some are describing it as an attempt to get closer to Russia. Seemed like it was largely a waste of effort and money.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/trump-ends-cia-arms-support-anti-assad-syria-rebels-170719221850588.html
    Despite Al Jazeera trying to portray this as somehow part of the collusion with Russia, this is one of the few moves from Trump I can get behind. The CIA arming programme has been a complete failure, with a big chunk of the arms ultimately ending up in Jihadi groups hands, either by the 'moderate' groups being defeated or straight up defecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,721 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Blowfish wrote: »
    Despite Al Jazeera trying to portray this as somehow part of the collusion with Russia . . .
    That's not Al-Jazeera's spin; US officials are explicitly briefing that this move is “a signal to Putin that the administration wants to improve ties to Russia”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The same link also mentioned that the decision was made ahead of the meeting at the G20. That it was largely motivated by discussions with CIA and pentagon figures. Smart decision far as I can see. Wouldn't write it off as motivated by currying favour with the Ruskies. Particularly as they are stepping up support for the SDF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Billy86 wrote: »
    Cliffnotes?

It is completely mad. On Poland:

TRUMP: I have had the best reviews on foreign land. So I go to Poland and make a speech. Enemies of mine in the media, enemies of mine are saying it was the greatest speech ever made on foreign soil by a president.

On France:

He [President Emmanuel Macron of France] called me and said, “I’d love to have you there and honor you in France,” having to do with Bastille Day. Plus, it’s the 100th year of the First World War. That’s big. And I said yes. I mean, I have a great relationship with him. He’s a great guy.HABERMAN: He was very deferential to you. Very.
    TRUMP: He’s a great guy. Smart. Strong. Loves holding my hand.
    HABERMAN: I’ve noticed.
    TRUMP: People don’t realize he loves holding my hand. And that’s good, as far as that goes.

On napoleon, Hitler and Russia:

TRUMP: Well, Napoleon finished a little bit bad. But I asked that. So I asked the president, so what about Napoleon? He said: “No, no, no. What he did was incredible. He designed Paris.” [garbled] The street grid, the way they work, you know, the spokes. He did so many things even beyond. And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death. How many times has Russia been saved by the weather? [garbled]
    [crosstalk/unintelligible]
    TRUMP: Same thing happened to Hitler. Not for that reason, though. Hitler wanted to consolidate. He was all set to walk in. But he wanted to consolidate, and it went and dropped to 35 degrees below zero, and that was the end of that army.

On Sessions and Comey it gets really strange:

TRUMP: Zero. So Jeff Sessions takes the job, gets into the job, recuses himself. I then have — which, frankly, I think is very unfair to the president. How do you take a job and then recuse yourself? If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, “Thanks, Jeff, but I can’t, you know, I’m not going to take you.” It’s extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president. So he recuses himself. I then end up with a second man, who’s a deputy.
    HABERMAN: Rosenstein.
    TRUMP: Who is he? And Jeff hardly knew. He’s from Baltimore.
    ________
    TRUMP: Yeah, what Jeff Sessions did was he recused himself right after, right after he became attorney general. And I said, “Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I would have — then I said, “Who’s your deputy?” So his deputy he hardly knew, and that’s Rosenstein, Rod Rosenstein, who is from Baltimore. There are very few Republicans in Baltimore, if any. So, he’s from Baltimore. Now, he, we went through a lot of things. We were interviewing replacements at the F.B.I. Did you know Mueller was one of the people that was being interviewed?
    HABERMAN: I did, actually.
    TRUMP: He was sitting in that chair. We had a wonderful meeting.
    HABERMAN: Day before, right?
    SCHMIDT: Did he want the job?
    TRUMP: The day before! Of course, he was up here, and he wanted the job.
    HABERMAN: And he made that clear to you? He would have——
    ________
    TRUMP: So, now what happens is, he leaves the office. Rosenstein leaves the office. The next day, he is appointed special counsel. I said, what the hell is this all about? Talk about conflicts? But he was interviewing for the job. There were many other conflicts that I haven’t said, but I will at some point. So Jeff Sessions, Jeff Sessions gave some bad answers.
    HABERMAN: You mean at the hearing?
    TRUMP: Yeah, he gave some answers that were simple questions and should have been simple answers, but they weren’t. He then becomes attorney general, and he then announces he’s going to recuse himself. Why wouldn’t he have told me that before?
    HABERMAN: Why do you think it was? What do you think it was?
    TRUMP: I don’t know.
    BAKER: What would cause you — what would be the line beyond which if Mueller went, you would say, “That’s too far, we would need to dismiss him”?
    TRUMP: Look, there are so many conflicts that everybody has. Then Rosenstein becomes extremely angry because of Comey’s Wednesday press conference, where he said that he would do the same thing he did a year ago with Hillary Clinton, and Rosenstein became extremely angry at that because, as a prosecutor, he knows that Comey did the wrong thing. Totally wrong thing. And he gives me a letter, O.K., he gives me a letter about Comey. And by the way, that was a tough letter, O.K. Now, perhaps I would have fired Comey anyway, and it certainly didn’t hurt to have the letter, O.K. But he gives me a very strong letter, and now he’s involved in the case. Well, that’s a conflict of interest. Do you know how many conflicts of interests there are? But then, then Comey also says that he did something in order to get the special prose— special counsel. He leaked. The reason he leaked. So, he illegally leaked.
    ________
    TRUMP: So think of this. Mike. He illegally leaks, and everyone thinks it is illegal, and by the way, it looks like it’s classified and all that stuff. So he got — not a smart guy — he got tricked into that, because they didn’t even ask him that question. They asked him another question, O.K.?
    ________

TRUMP: He said I said “hope” — “I hope you can treat Flynn good” or something like that. I didn’t say anything.
    But even if he did — like I said at the news conference on the, you know, Rose Garden — even if I did, that’s not — other people go a step further. I could have ended that whole thing just by saying — they say it can’t be obstruction because you can say: “It’s ended. It’s over. Period.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RNC staff liking/sharing an article wishing John McCain would "just f***ing die already" ... classy stuff. Violent leftists.

Meanwhile for all the talk of media conspiracies against Trump, he literally has TV pundits on his election campaign payroll.

http://thepoliticus.com/content/pro-trump-tv-pundits-firm-received-undisclosed-payments-trump-campaign
    Mark Serrano has been one of President Trump’s fiercest defenders and most enthusiastic supporters on TV.

But Serrano has had another role this spring, one that wasn’t disclosed to viewers as he was touting Trump: His firm was a paid consultant to the president’s 2020 reelection campaign.

The Trump Organization paid Serrano’s firm a total of $30,000 for “communications consulting.” The records indicate that it paid $20,000 on April 17 to the company, based in Leesburg, Va., and another $10,000 on May 30.

Each and every little thing you see Republicans and especially Trump accuse someone else of, you can absolutely guarantee at this point is a case of projection. It's fair to say it's calculated at this point - do X but accuse someone else of doing it at the same time, then when X comes out claim "everybody does it though right, right!?" regardless of if your accusation had any basis or not.

It is completely mad. On Poland:
    Cheers! StringerBell nicely PM'ed me the transcript, really amazing stupid stuff. The fact he thinks he's pulling a fast one claiming Junior only talked with Russia about sanctions is nothing shy of amazing. First we have the fact that it is all on record that they discussed a lot more (including Junior himself saying to), secondly talking about sanctions is illegal in their capacity at the time! Of course Trump being the most uneducated and unintelligent president of modern times, appears entirely unaware of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Zube, my head hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Some highlights. According to Trump:

- The subject which Trump and Putin discussed at the recently-disclosed second meeting during the G20 summit was "adoption". (This is a widely seen as a euphemism for opposition to US sanctions on Russia, since Russia expressed it's irritation over those sanctions by banning intercountry adoption of Russian children to the US.) That's the same topic which was discussed at the recently-disclosed meeting in Trump Tower between Mini-Trump and others from the Trump campaign and a Russian lawyer . The fact that these two meetings were about the same topic is, in Trump's view, "interesting".

An amazing coincidence then that two days ago the Russian Govt expressed its annoyance with the seizure of the two Russian estates in the US under Obama's sanctions order, the Russians saying that if the estates were not returned, they would reciprocate in kind.

Edit.... Didn't realise, til I heard it mentioned on RTE news, that Don's comments about Jeff Sessions were made in an interview with the NYT. Wonder is Don addressing NYC residents or the country in total via the media and is this another change in tactics: to use the lying media he so distrusts? Is it an attempt to show that he is, after all is said and done, a reasonable man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So John McCain has been diagnosed with the most aggressive form of brain cancer there is.

I fear the irony will be lost on Trump and the Republicans, that the US Government will spend millions of dollars treating a very old man with a condition with a high mortality rate, in the hopes of squeezing an extra few months out of his already long life.

But they don't want to spend small amounts of money treating curable illnesses in children who can go on to live full lives.

Interesting article in CNN for the first 6 months of Trumps presidency and this sums it up bigly

991 Tweets and 0 Major legislation :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I cannot think of one single thing he has done right, maybe bombing that runway in Syria, maybe...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/19/politics/donald-trump-six-months/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I cannot think of one single thing he has done right

He hasn't started any wars yet, which is nice.

I don't expect that to last, though. The ultimate polls boost in the US comes from starting a war, and Trump will surely not be able to resist the flight-suit Mission Accomplished photo op.

Hopefully he picks on some chicken-sh!t Latin-American nation the way Reagan used to, and not on Iran or North Korea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There was a good article (can't recall where) that went through the problems that Trump is facing.

TL:DR basically his communication method, which is best suited to Twitter, is all about short, bombastic, attack or degrading his opponents.

But what he is very poor at is actually articulating any details.

On healthcare all he ever says is top line stuff. Same for tax reform, same for dealing with NK, or trade deals.

And that is all fine and good a lot of the time. It give a target, a rallying cry etc. Leaders are not overly concerned with the details (certainly not in speeches etc) but when things are not being achieved they must also be able to get into the trenches and get dirty in order to get things done.

Trump, according to the reports that have come out of the WH, never goes into details and in many cases he seems he doesn't even fully understand the issue at hand. "Who knew healthcare could be so complicated".

So he just continues with the method that has worked for him in the past, failing to understand that there is a big difference when you become POTUS

Senator Lamar Alexander (R) for Tennessee now saying 'repeal' for Obamacare would not even pas 40 votes now. The Party of No is quickly becoming the Party of Failure, led by the most feckless con job of the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Senator Lamar Alexander (R) for Tennessee now saying 'repeal' for Obamacare would not even pas 40 votes now. The Party of No is quickly becoming the Party of Failure, led by the most feckless con job of the lot of them.

But but but Hilary, Dems, Oba....yawn....zzzzz

Donald Trump: Don't You Dare Look Into My Company and Personal Finances.

Robert Mueller: Time to Investigate Trump's Company and Personal Finances.

Read elsewhere that it's a little like the police coming into your house with a search warrant for a missing body and replying with "don't you dare look into the hidden freezer in the basement!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Read elsewhere that it's a little like the police coming into your house with a search warrant for a missing body and replying with "don't you dare look into the hidden freezer in the basement!"

I hope Mueller's CV is up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Demfad must be advising Mueller. He was, on the ball.

Trump knows where Mueller is going. Tried to fire a shot across the bows, yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I hope Mueller's CV is up to date.

On the termination letter Trump might as well sign off by saying "Please Impeach Me."

• Advertisement

About bloody time....this is where the action is at billions of Russian money. Explain that Mr Trumpski :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭derb12

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    About bloody time....this is where the action is at billions of Russian money. Explain that Mr Trumpski :)

Yes, it does seem that trumps purpose in speaking to the nyt (although it's always dangerous to assign any kind of logical reasoning to the man) might well have been to warn the special counsel off his private financial affairs. He certainly didn't seem to want to talk healthcare or made in America.
    I can't help thinking though that when it is revealed that trump borrowed millions if not billions from Russian oligarchs we will just have the same people saying there was nothing illegal in it and he was smart to borrow money, and that he loves debt and wouldn't the world be a better place if more Americans and Russians did business deals...
    It's all just more of the same unless a crime is uncovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

derb12 wrote: »
    Yes, it does seem that trumps purpose in speaking to the nyt (although it's always dangerous to assign any kind of logical reasoning to the man) might well have been to warn the special counsel off his private financial affairs. He certainly didn't seem to want to talk healthcare or made in America.
    I'm not sure on that, the NYT were the ones bringing it up, it more looks like they led him into saying it, knowing full well that it was about to be released that Mueller was going down that route.
    derb12 wrote:
    I can't help thinking though that when it is revealed that trump borrowed millions if not billions from Russian oligarchs we will just have the same people saying there was nothing illegal in it and he was smart to borrow money, and that he loves debt and wouldn't the world be a better place if more Americans and Russians did business deals...
    From looking at it, it's likely not so much loans as allowing the Russian mafia to launder money through using shell companies to buy up property from him, then sell it on later: https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

This is what the whole Magnitsky act was about, as the stolen millions had been used to buy up property in Manhattan.

derb12 wrote: »
    It's all just more of the same unless a crime is uncovered.

What you will find is apartments being sold for many times their asking price or even market price or people rocking up buying 5or 6 at once and then being left vacant? Please explain Mr Trump.....

He has a history of laundering money as well one of his casinos in New Jersey was convicted of it and got one of the largest casino fines where.

Check a few posts back I think billy86 posted a link which explains it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you have time, this piece was a great read

https://newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

There's nothing in there about the election, but it goes into detail about decades of Trump's business dealings with the Russians, including laundering and prostitution rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What odds would you get on jeff sessions being a witness to sink trump ?

I would say more or less zero, Sessions is quite deep in on this too most likely.

Deutsche Bank has confirmed it is turning over information on Trump.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/07/donald-trump-deutsche-bank-russia
    Among the many mysteries surrounding Donald Trump’s finances as a real-estate mogul—and the conflicts of interest that might be revealed by his tax returns, were he ever to release them—is his long history of debt. The issue is not merely what Trump owes, but who he owes. As critics noted on the campaign trail, Trump’s habit of reneging on contracts and suing his lenders meant that virtually nobody on Wall Street wanted to work with him, with one exception: Deutsche Bank, which had loaned him hundreds of millions of dollars when no one else would, even after he sued the firm. Now, investigators probing the ties between the Trump campaign and Russia are wondering why—and they’re beginning to take a closer look at the president’s accounts with his favorite bank, which also happens to have strong ties to Russia itself.

The New York Times reports that banking regulators are currently “reviewing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans made to Mr. Trump’s businesses through Deutsche Bank’s private wealth management unit . . . to [see] if the loans might expose the bank to heightened risk.” Meanwhile, the Guardian reports that executives at Deutsche are “expecting that the bank will soon be receiving subpoenas or other requests for information from Robert Mueller,” and that the special counsel’s investigative team and the bank have “already established informal contact in connection to the federal investigation.”

I would say more or less zero, Sessions is quite deep in on this too most likely.
    Let's say that bob mueller offers Jeff a sweatheart deal to talk about the Donald.

• Advertisement

Wasn't deutshe bank be a red line according to mr trump ? If I was his advisor I'd email him a link to the wiki page about watergate and about firing a special prosecutor.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wasn't deutshe bank be a red line according to mr trump ? If I was his advisor I'd email him a link to the wiki page about watergate and about firing a special prosecutor.

You're joking, right?

I had to hit the space bar sixteen times to get to the bottom of the Watergate wiki page. That's over half a months' worth of White House briefings!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Let's take a minute to take stock of the last six months or so.

Remember when they said that there were no russian contacts and that this was some hoax created by sore losers? Remember nothingburger? Remember trumpers running around yelling "Fake News" thinking it was a mature argument? Remember noel with the deliberate misrepresentation feinstein/clapper videos? Remember the blanket statements calling all trump critics liberals? Remember Seth Rich? Remember all the lies?

Now look at where we are. Trump Junior changing his story multile times before jizzing emails showing his intent to collude; Trump publicly having secret meetings with putin; Collusion with Russia is OK; Threatening the prosecutor.

It's mad but this is not a hoax. It's happening. What happens next, who knows? But it's not looking good for Trump.

You're joking, right?

I had to hit the space bar sixteen times to get to the bottom of the Watergate wiki page. That's over half a months' worth of White House briefings!

I wasn't really.

Umm. Fox News doing a section on Don and the NYT interview, ran a part of it where Don [asked about Rob Muellers investigation into his family's deals with Russia] said "I sold condo's to Russians".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

aloyisious wrote: »
    Umm. Fox News doing a section on Don and the NYT interview, ran a part of it where Don [asked about Rob Muellers investigation into his family's deals with Russia] said "I sold condo's to Russians".

That's not what he said.

• Advertisement

Fox News running the story of how the US Treasury is fining Exxon $2 million for breaking the sanctions put on Russia while Rex Tillerson was its CEO. Exxon plans to appeal the fine.

Fox News running the story of how the US Treasury is fining Exxon $2 million for breaking the sanctions put on Russia while Rex Tillerson was its CEO. Exxon plans to appeal the fine.

Has someone put something in the water at Fox News ? That's not the line they are meant to be taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Visiting the US.

Sad place. They'd vote for him again, and he'd probably win, again. No one that voted for him that I've spoken with, admits they did anything wrong. Despite his massive lack of qualifications, and the truly impressive amount of scandals he's been involved with on a daily basis over the last 6 months. Doesn't matter. "Stupid is, as stupid does," I guess. 

Dems need to make 2018 and 2020 not about Trump, but about what they can do for the country. It's becoming a wreck, it's a badly bifurcated society - very rich (prices in the 3+ years since we left are crazy high, real estate's essentially unaffordable, salaries are shrinking), and everyone else. A 6-figure salary lets you tread water in an o.k. apartment in a nice area like outside Seattle where we're staying. And the average income for a family of 4 is around $55k.

The numbers don't work. Everyone's in debt to their eyebrows, as soon as the tGOP puts the final nail in the Dodd/Frank rules, it'll be pre-2008 all over again.

We arrived 2 weeks ago. Drove past a small housing development showing the typical 4-bedroom 2-car garage place on a scrap of land that gives it maybe an 8 foot border around it. Before we left, such a place might've sold between 400k and 600k. The sign out front said, "From the $900,000's." Two weeks later, it's been replaced with "From $1,000,000."

How is it you afford a nice, but not stupendous, house like that on 55k a year? You don't, unless someone lends it to you.

Pelvis wrote: »
    That's not what he said.

Actually you're right, he said he sold condos to people, and mentioned Russians as being amongst people who might have bought them. That seems to tally with what happened in the sale of condos in Trump Tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Ipse dixit

Igotadose wrote: »
    Visiting the US.

Sad place. They'd vote for him again, and he'd probably win, again. No one that voted for him that I've spoken with, admits they did anything wrong. Despite his massive lack of qualifications, and the truly impressive amount of scandals he's been involved with on a daily basis over the last 6 months. Doesn't matter. "Stupid is, as stupid does," I guess. 

Dems need to make 2018 and 2020 not about Trump, but about what they can do for the country. It's becoming a wreck, it's a badly bifurcated society - very rich (prices in the 3+ years since we left are crazy high, real estate's essentially unaffordable, salaries are shrinking), and everyone else. A 6-figure salary lets you tread water in an o.k. apartment in a nice area like outside Seattle where we're staying. And the average income for a family of 4 is around $55k.

The numbers don't work. Everyone's in debt to their eyebrows, as soon as the tGOP puts the final nail in the Dodd/Frank rules, it'll be pre-2008 all over again.

We arrived 2 weeks ago. Drove past a small housing development showing the typical 4-bedroom 2-car garage place on a scrap of land that gives it maybe an 8 foot border around it. Before we left, such a place might've sold between 400k and 600k. The sign out front said, "From the $900,000's." Two weeks later, it's been replaced with "From $1,000,000."

How is it you afford a nice, but not stupendous, house like that on 55k a year? You don't, unless someone lends it to you.

You've touched on some of the issues currently facing the US however you're first paragraph is quite nauseating. I'm not sure why you think they've done something wrong by voting for Trump. The reason people still support Trump is because their isn't any alternative for them and their views. Trump is still the face of the Republican's in America so it's hardly surprising he still retains a core support.

• Advertisement

There's a fine line between what Don said about his family business dealing and his family's Russian business dealing where it comes to Rob Mueller. Rob seems interested in the Russian dealing only, so Dons red line is also a fine line.

Fox also reporting that with John McCain absent, the GP Senate majority vote [on repeal of the ACA next week] is one less. On the John McCain health story, business insider ran two stories on Gliobastoma, which is what was found by surgeons in him. The prognosis seems unfavourable.... https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1lMy-8JjVAhWnD8AKHQFRCAUQqUMIKzAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fwhat-is-glioblastoma-john-mccain-brain-cancer-2017-7&usg=AFQjCNGLAilMP2HTmMHoVrn06MRYLDYpag

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1lMy-8JjVAhWnD8AKHQFRCAUQqUMILzAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.businessinsider.com%2Fjohn-mccain-brain-cancer-healthcare-2017-7&usg=AFQjCNFSk2Oq9ekFAyOFRZW1jE_y-fqcAQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ipse dixit wrote: »
    You've touched on some of the issues currently facing the US however you're first paragraph is quite nauseating. I'm not sure why you think they've done something wrong by voting for Trump. The reason people still support Trump is because their isn't any alternative for them and their views. Trump is still the face of the Republican's in America so it's hardly surprising he still retains a core support.

Why nauseating

He's not a republican never has been.

He doesn't and has never represented their views.

That's pretty evident if these folks bothered to look.

It's on them if they can't see the forest for the trees and people can certainly be called out for not bothering their ass looking between the speal

Ipse dixit wrote: »
    What views? That the swamp should be drained? That government should have transparency? That Saudi Arabia should be blacklisted? That the likes of Carrier should not be moving jobs to Mexico? That Wall Street should have such influence in the White House? What "special interest loopholes" for Wall Street should be closed? That health care should be improved and medication made more affordable? That China would be labelled a currency manipulator and have tariffs imposed? That the likes of Syria would be left alone? That there would be someone "high energy" in the WH who wouldn't feel the need to take much of any vacations?

What views, exactly?

Fox also reporting that with John McCain absent, the GP Senate majority vote [on repeal of the ACA next week] is one less. On the John McCain health story, business insider ran two stories on Gliobastoma, which is what was found by surgeons in him.
    Gliobastoma is essentially a death sentence for a healthy, 20-30 year old man and often acts quickly, he's probably more likely than not going to be having his funeral before Christmas.

Pretty remarkable guy, and his interactions with Obama and in return back in 2008 show just how far things have sunk - it was clear during the Senate meetings when he was asking questions that all was not right. He got it together for Sessions after the Comey head scratcher, but you it was a serious, serious strain for him.

His dad was an admiral in the Navy and not long after McCain was captured in Vietnam was named commander of all US forces which he used to secure a deal to have his son released. McCain refused as it did not allow for the release of those who were caught with him and as a result underwent over five years of torture as a POW, and at one point when forced to give up names of his superiors, listed the offensive line of the Green Bay Packers.

Before being caught he looked like this:
    mccain-squadron-660x330.jpg

After returning, he looked this like:
    2AAB583000000578-3168127-image-a-9_1437394536669.jpg

Like where he stands on the spectrum or not, he is highly respectable and really did go above and beyond for his country and fellow soldiers. It's almost fitting in a sense that he would pass with the charlatan that is currently in office, so I guess this is an early RIP of sorts.

Gliobastoma is essentially a death sentence for a healthy, 20-30 year old man and often acts quickly, he's probably more likely than not going to be having his funeral before Christmas.

Pretty remarkable guy, and his interactions with Obama and in return back in 2008 show just how far things have sunk - it was clear during the Senate meetings when he was asking questions that all was not right. He got it together for Sessions after the Comey head scratcher, but you it was a serious, serious strain for him.

His dad was an admiral in the Navy and not long after McCain was captured in Vietnam was named commander of all US forces which he used to secure a deal to have his son released. McCain refused as it did not allow for the release of those who were caught with him and as a result underwent over five years of torture as a POW, and at one point when forced to give up names of his superiors, listed the offensive line of the Green Bay Packers.

Before being caught he looked like this:
    mccain-squadron-660x330.jpg

After returning, he looked this like:
    2AAB583000000578-3168127-image-a-9_1437394536669.jpg

Like where he stands on the spectrum or not, he is highly respectable and really did go above and beyond for his country and fellow soldiers. It's almost fitting in a sense that he would pass with the charlatan that is currently in office, so I guess this is an early RIP of sorts.

2008 ruined him I thought. I really disliked how the likes of Jon Stewart treated him having been friendly before. He let the GOP get in his head too much with Palin and I'm sure plenty of other behind the scenes rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Igotadose wrote: »

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season big hit - The Trump show, it's giving us such entertainment with daily twists and turns. After all it's not real life for us as in we won't be losing our health care.

But the Dodds-Frank relaxation is going to screw the whole world over, not just the U.S. because finance is the most interlinked human activity in the world. As you say, we've witnessed it here from 2008.

I'm no medic but I've been told that when older people get cancer it develops much more slowly than in a child say as general cell growth is slower. That was the case with my granddad diagnosed with prostrate cancer but died many years later of something else.
    I really hope for the best for John McCain. It sickens me to see those messages of support from trump "I prefer people who weren't captured"
    The stark contrast between the two couldn't be greater :a hero with a desire to make the world a better place and a coward who thinks only of himself.

According to CNN, it seems that Rod Rosenstein has laid down a "red line" to the effect that if he was instructed (by you know who] to fire Rob Mueller without good cause he'd resign. It seems Jeff Sessions would also be unable to fire Rob himself though for more practical legal reasons. The report says that if Rod left office [due to the above] the Associate Deputy Attorney General {Rachel Brad] could be told to do the deed. She [like the last ADAG - Jesse Panuccio, 2017-2017] is a Trump appointee to the post - 2017 & ongoing.

According to CNN, it seems that Rod Rosenstein has laid down a "red line" to the effect that if he was instructed (by you know who] to fire Rob Mueller without good cause he'd resign. It seems Jeff Sessions would also be unable to fire Rob himself though for more practical legal reasons. The report says that if Rod left office [due to the above] the Associate Deputy Attorney General {Rachel Brad] could be told to do the deed. She [like the last ADAG - Jesse Panuccio, 2017-2017] is a Trump appointee to the post - 2017 & ongoing.

And I heard that he couldn't be fired unless he somehow transgressed and even if rosenstein did wish to fire him, he'd need congressional approval? Not certain that I heard that right.
    But then, as trump has pointed out, rosenstein us from Baltimore so who knows what he is capable of!!?! 😳

Sarah Huckabee: The President meant that the Special Prosecutor should stay within the Russian Interference With The US Election Investigation.

I have shortened Sarah's two sentences answering the questions about the president's comments [on what the special Prosecutor should do] into the above as it covers the specifics of her answers.

I'm not sure if there has been an earlier plain admission from Don's Press Office that he accepts there is something worth investigating about Russian interference With The US election process [under which he was elected to office]. Maybe Sara was putting a better front on what Don actually meant by his comments.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement