Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Going after Sessions, will prove to be, his big mistake, within the conservatives.
    Failure to get any thing positive passed on health care, dooms him with his voter base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Apparently the line is that Trump will veto the tge sanctions bill as it doesnt go far enough.

But there is no logic to that. According to some GOP senators the WH were active in trying to get them watered down.

But what benefit is there to Trump vetoing the bill? He could sign it and also an EO pushing for more sanctions if he wished. Why are the GOP to get the bill passed, with the support of the Dems, and then piss them off. It will have the effect of making the GOP look weak on Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Apparently the Republicans would have to pass a second budget before it came up again, or it would need to get 60 votes in the Senate. If that is the case, this thing is dead for another nine or so months, at which point Senators and House Representatives would be well into midterm election mode.

McCain deserves a lot of credit for voting against, but even moreso are Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins, two women who have between them quite consistently shown to have perhaps the biggest set of balls in the GOP, standing against this, against Devos who is already doing her best to destroy public education.

Murkowski was the third Republican Senator to come out and support same sex marriage (back in 2013), the eighth to come out and support the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" in favour of allowing gay people to serve in the military, was one of just five Republican Senators to support Obama's hate crime prevention act and is somewhat pro choice on abortion. To me all that is a little more impressive again considering how deep red the particular part of Alaska she 'came up in' is - before her first Senate election, she had never even faced a Democrat in any election.

Collins meanwhile even after he won the primary said she would not be voting for Trump, supports the idea of subpoenaing his tax returns as far back as February when many Republicans were in full-on 'fingers in ears' mode, has endorsements from pro-choice groups and a generally pro choice stance, also supported repealing DADT within the military, was the first Republican to be re-elected after supporting same sex marriage, was very vocally against the Republican's decision to outright refuse to consider Merrick Garland for the Supreme Court under Obama last year (and previously worked with Democrats to ensure they would not outright block Bush Jnr appointments unless they felt circumstances were exceptional), has worked on bipartisan bills to reduce carbon emissions (The CLEAR Act is also known as the Cantwell-Collins Bill), is in favour of increased background checks on firearms purchases, and has given one of the (very, very) few examples of making a solid point against a particular part of the ACA (you know... policy talk!) by wanting full time workers to be defined on it as 40 hours and not 30, to prevent employers from dipping workers on 30 hours down below that in order to comply with requirements. It passed, making her one of (the only?) Republican member of Congress to actually make successful changes to the ACA.

Unless Trump & Putin are able to successful pull off serious voter suppression or worse, 2016 could prove to be one of the most Pyrrhic political victories of modern times for the Republicans (at least short/medium terms, because electorates as a collective are generally idiots and chunks of the US gleefully lead the way on that one) but the likes of Collins and Murkowski seem to be doing themselves a lot there in terms of building good will and actually looking at the issues and how to solve problems and issues facing their communities and nation - kind of exactly what politicians should be doing. It's just a shame there are not more like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890820505330212864

Wow! Basically **** those with healthcare before putting another scheme in place?

If he'd done.... [edit]..... NOTHING & let the ACA implode, and let the insurance healthcare "providers" industry go on as they've been described with increasing fees and reduced entitlements, he and the GOP could have ridden in like the 7th Cav with a properly structured plan [backed by the Dems] to save the day and been heroes. God bless Don's impetuosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Blowfish wrote: »
    In order to recess, the Senate needs to pass an adjournment resolution. The Dems have said that they'll filibuster it, so there's actually no way for Trump to make any appointments.

There's even been murmurings from Republicans about blocking his ability to make any recess appointments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Someone must've tranquilized him,normally something like this would provoke a 10-tweet rage quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I think it's likely like the day Comey was in front of the Senate committee. Many waited with baited breath for him to have his tantrum but he didn't tweet, although no doubt livid with how things were unfolding. But right now he is being restrained, and now has more serious problems internally with his staff, and all this must be killing him. This isnt like Trump Inc where he can bait staff against one another. This is government and its all being played out in MSM making him appear totally incompetent - a Daily Beast reporter was on CNN last night and was actually laughing at the whole debacle. Narcissism (and I agree completely with the poster earlier discussing this) means Trump needs to reach out to his followers to get the boost he probably needs.

Scaramucci has a lot to learn if he thinks he will overthrow Priebus this easily. Couple this with his on-air interview defending Trump's treatment of Sessions on Twitter and it makes him look like Trump's mini-me.

Spicer seemed like such a sensible pair of hands by comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

swampgas wrote: »
    ^This.

I've heard this from quite a few Americans - why should I pay for your health insurance? There are plenty of Americans who are willing to let other Americans die because they can't afford healthcare, because they feel it's one's own personal responsibility to earn enough to afford it. The GOP know this and are assuming that repealing Obamacare would be supported by the people who can afford to pay for healthcare right now.

Americans might speak (almost) the same language as us, but they live in a very different world with very different values.

I spent 18 months of last year travelling to the US once or twice a month for work, and spoke at length to my well educated colleagues and they have no social conscience whatsoever, it's all why should I pay taxes to help other people who don't want to work. When I explained our levels of social protection they just laughed. They all voted Trump as well, despite being clever enough to know he's a complete huckster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

aloyisious wrote: »
    If he'd done.... [edit]..... NOTHING & let the ACA implode, and let the insurance healthcare "providers" industry go on as they've been described with increasing fees and reduced entitlements, he and the GOP could have ridden in like the 7th Cav with a properly structured plan [backed by the Dems] to save the day and been heroes. God bless Don's impetuosity.

Just to be clear: Trump et al are not letting the ACA 'implode'. They are actively sabotaging it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Inquitus wrote: »
    I spent 18 months of last year travelling to the US once or twice a month for work, and spoke at length to my well educated colleagues and they have no social conscience whatsoever, it's all why should I pay taxes to help other people who don't want to work. When I explained our levels of social protection they just laughed. They all voted Trump as well, despite being clever enough to know he's a complete huckster.

I'd agree with you that the prevailing attitude in the US is one of "If you can't do/pay for it yourself , you're on your own".

It's part of a mindset that makes the US both great and awful at the same time.

Great, in the sense that it promotes a level of self-reliance that we don't see here and is why you have so many self-made millionaires etc.

Awful, in that if you are unable or incapable of being self-reliant you are simply thrown on the trash heap to wither away and die - It's social and economic darwinism.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    To a little pony above..

It might distract your average trump supporter who might think he is a genius :) but all his bull**** is not distracting the man who matters, the man who is going to bring him down, the man who has a crack team of professional prosecutors, the man with decades of FBI investigation experience, the man who can look into everything Trump does including his "most precious" his money, the man Trump cant sack....ROBERT MUELLER.... Mr special procesctor. Go ahead and laugh all you want Trump is in trouble and he knows it him self. He is only fooling you.....
    As a certain Mr Mcgregor would say he will do fooking nuttin. Trump is not going anywhere and you can quote me on that. Never has a better genius maneuver existed since old blue light himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

jooksavage wrote: »
    The defeat on healthcare is just the latest piece of bother in 24 hours. The senate, with overwhelming bipartisan support, have painted him into a corner by passing a bill that imposes additional sanctions on Russia. I'm interested to see how this will play out. The logical thing would to sign off on it and say "Look how tough I am on Russia!" but it has been put out there that he might veto it. If he does, I think that would immeasurably damage his relationship with the Republicans. Perhaps more so even than dismissing Sessions, who is apparently dead to him and might be replaced shortly via recess appointment.

The White House couldn't look more anarchic if Trump & co. conducted a toga party on the lawn.

I could easily see him vetoeing it saying it doesn't go far enough as a way of kicking that banana skin shaped can further down the road.

Also the sanctions package that will be put in front of him will include sanctions for Iran and North Korea so there is plenty of scope for him to veto it under the auspices that their sanctions aren't harsh enough.

demfad wrote: »
    aloyisious wrote: »

Just to be clear: Trump et al are not letting the ACA 'implode'. They are actively sabotaging it.
    But it's not going to last much longer is it. A few votes in the other direction and it's over.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

But it's not going to last much longer is it. A few votes in the other direction and it's over.

I don't think so.

As I understand it , they've now missed the opportunity to pass something via simple majority.

They have to re-approve the budget 1st and then any changes will require the 60 vote majority , there isn't a snowballs chance of them getting 12+ democrats to vote for anything like what they are currently proposing.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I don't think so.

As I understand it , they've now missed the opportunity to pass something via simple majority.

They have to re-approve the budget 1st and then any changes will require the 60 vote majority , there isn't a snowballs chance of them getting 12+ democrats to vote for anything like what they are currently proposing.
    Let it implode then if I was Trump that is what I would do. Work to make health care unworkable, destroy it from the inside until the senate will have no choice to implement a new health care plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Let it implode then if I was Trump that is what I would do. Work to make health care unworkable, destroy it from the inside until the senate will have no choice to implement a new health care plan.

##Mod Note##

Up the standard please..

They'd still need 60 Votes though.

So rather than actually work in a bi-partisan fashion and come up with a functioning solution now, your solution is - let it all go to crap , punishing the poor , the sick and the old for an extended period and THEN still have to come back and get 60 votes???

The Democrats have said they recognise that the current offering needs to be worked on and improved and are willing to do so.

But the GOP are intent on achieving what would at best be the Pyrrhic victory of repealing Obamacare ignoring the pain and suffering it might cause just so they can say "We repealed Obamacare".

I don't get it.

They'd still need 60 Votes though.

So rather than actually work in a bi-partisan fashion and come up with a functioning solution now, your solution is - let it all go to crap , punishing the poor , the sick and the old for an extended period and THEN still have to come back and get 60 votes???

The Democrats have said they recognise that the current offering needs to be worked on and improved and are willing to do so.

But the GOP are intent on achieving what would at best be the Pyrrhic victory of repealing Obamacare ignoring the pain and suffering it might cause just so they can say "We repealed Obamacare".

I don't get it.
    What do the Democrats propose to improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Yea, just let millions die due to losing their health insurance, just to get one over on political rivals. Very presidential.

• Advertisement

I don't think so.

Genius stuff by Trump and Putin there in failing to get the Republicans together on it and only dividing them further with Twitter rants and trying to get Steve Bannon in to play hardman with them. Genius genius genius. Never have we seen such genius.

I think the point is that they are willing to sit down and have meaningful debate and negotiations on the subject to try and find common ground etc.

No one has the perfect Healthcare bill sitting in a folder somewhere.

It will require time ,engagement and compromise from all parties. Something the GOP have flatly refused to do for 7+ years on Healthcare.

Actively making the current solution worse achieves absolutely nothing positive for the GOP outside the painful hubris of their desire to kill Obamacare. In no small part because it's known as "Obamacare" and they can't allow something as big as Healthcare with a Democrats name on it to be successful.

Hugely ironic seeing as it is entirely their fault that it is universally known as Obamacare!!

That's the Republicans job, they want it changed so they can suggest the changes to be made, which they have failed to do in comical fashion at this point.

They could take a leaf out of their own Susan Collins' book and look to negotiate things - you know, do politics - which she successfully managed in order to get a change made on how staff are classified re full time/part time on it. Problem there - Susan Collins was one of the three who broke the GOPs chance on this by voting against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Inquitus wrote: »

Fake news :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Whatever happens Trump there is a lot of damage done to US politics as things stand. The Democrats and the Republicans seem to really despise each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Ipse dixit

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's the Republicans job, they want it changed so they can suggest the changes to be made, which they have failed to do in comical fashion at this point.

They could take a leaf out of their own Susan Collins' book and look to negotiate things - you know, do politics - which she successfully managed in order to get a change made on how staff are classified re full time/part time on it. Problem there - Susan Collins was one of the three who broke the GOPs chance on this by voting against.

The problem for the Republicans is that one of their campaign policies was to repeal Obamacare. They have had 7 years to come up with their own plan and have offered up a, somehow!, worse health care act than Obamacare.

But who are they supposed to do a deal with? The traditional dealmakers in the Dems don't want to negotiate with Trump. Schumer has said that he wants a deal that Trump can't veto. That's hardly a good starting point for wanting to do a deal with the GOP.

The Dems are grandstanding and the GOP are trying to fast track through poor legislation. I have absolutely no hope of either party being able to agree a decent health care bill.

It's incredible to see the vilification of John McCain over this too. It's hardly his fault McConnell and Ryan are incapable of drafting decent legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Ipse dixit wrote: »

The Dems are grandstanding and the GOP are trying to fast track through poor legislation. I have absolutely no hope of either party being able to agree a decent health care bill.

Obamacare is a good foundation to build on except the gop have tried to cripple it from the very beginning.
    They could be the heros now by actually fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

So Kim Jong-un is having another fireworks display in Japanese waters... How do we think Trump will deal with this latest diplomatic matter..??

Tweet storm blaming China is my guess!

The problem for the Republicans is that one of their campaign policies was to repeal Obamacare. They have had 7 years to come up with their own plan and have offered up a, somehow!, worse health care act than Obamacare.

But who are they supposed to do a deal with? The traditional dealmakers in the Dems don't want to negotiate with Trump. Schumer has said that he wants a deal that Trump can't veto. That's hardly a good starting point for wanting to do a deal with the GOP.

It's incredible to see the vilification of John McCain over this too. It's hardly his fault McConnell and Ryan are incapable of drafting decent legislation.

The thing is, the Dems don't appear to be grandstanding nor do they have any reason to negotiate, they did that during Obama's tenure after being ran over and ignored through much of Bush's... and the Republicans flat out refused to work with them point blank, with McConnell openly stating all he wanted to achieve was to make Obama a one term president. Then as soon as they got power in the Senate back, they went so far as to introduce legislation on a bluff, then when Obama OK'd it, they turned around and blocked it themselves, then blamed Obama for not stopping them from blocking it as the reason it didn't pass.

There is no reasoning with that, and that makes up the overwhelming majority of the GOP congress members. The Dems have been burned all too often from attempting to, and that is in part why they find themselves on the outside right now. The GOP/Party of No as they became known, largely don't stand for anything so there really is nothing to negotiate on. This is why they have the majority in both houses and had seven full years as mentioned, but do not appear to have even tried to come up with anything and have now missed their window on it for the next good while at least.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Obamacare is a good foundation to build on except the gop have tried to cripple it from the very beginning.
    They could be the heros now by actually fixing it.

Oh I agree. The GOP are showing their true colours with this bill. The problem is that McConnell and Ryan want the benefits to go to corporate America.

The thing is, the Dems don't appear to be grandstanding nor do they have any reason to negotiate, they did that during Obama's tenure after being ran over and ignored through much of Bush's... and the Republicans flat out refused to work with them point blank, with McConnell openly stating all he wanted to achieve was to make Obama a one term president. Then as soon as they got power in the Senate back, they went so far as to introduce legislation on a bluff, then when Obama OK'd it, they turned around and blocked it themselves, then blamed Obama for not stopping them from blocking it as the reason it didn't pass.

There is no reasoning with that, and that makes up the overwhelming majority of the GOP congress members. The Dems have been burned all too often from attempting to, and that is in part why they find themselves on the outside right now. The GOP/Party of No as they became known, largely don't stand for anything so there really is nothing to negotiate on. This is why they have the majority in both houses and had seven full years as mentioned, but do not appear to have even tried to come up with anything and have now missed their window on it for the next good while at least.

They want deals strictly based on their conditions even though they don't control either house and have offered no reconciliation and constructive basis to work on. You can't blame the GOP for the Democrats trying to stonewall every Trump move and Republican move. They are both terrible at making effective deals work and people just accept that this the best that America can do.

Do you even hear what you are saying? Why should we work with them because they didn't listen to us?! What kind of politics is that? How is America supposed to benefit when both parties are simply incapable of working with each other? It's this kind of shortsightedness that keeps us in this mess.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

They want deals strictly based on their conditions even though they don't control either house and have offered no reconciliation and constructive basis to work on. You can't blame the GOP for the Democrats trying to stonewall every Trump move and Republican move. They are both terrible at making effective deals work and people just accept that this the best that America can do.

Do you even hear what you are saying? Why should we work with them because they didn't listen to us?! What kind of politics is that? How is America supposed to benefit when both parties are simply incapable of working with each other? It's this kind of shortsightedness that keeps us in this mess.

With all due respect, I think the time to start criticising the Democrats for being unable to do a deal with the Republicans will be some time after the Republicans figure out how to do deals with themselves.

The entire Republican political platform for the last couple of decades has been that the US works best when there's no government. Well, they're getting their chance to prove it: with the GOP controlling all three branches of government, there's precious little governing going on. Let's see how well it works out.

Criticising the Democrats for opposing the GOP is the sort of rank hypocrisy that even rank hypocrites should be ashamed of - if the GOP were capable of shame, which it is becoming every clearer that they are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Christy42

I should point out that plenty of democrats or left leaners have offered to support Trump on healthcare if he comes up with a good plan. Obama for instance or Bernie Sanders. The issue is the Republicans have not talked about healthcare. They have talked about destroying Obamacare. The only way to improve Obamacare is to bring it to the left which is something Republicans can't even consider. They come with a plan that actually improves Obamacare I guarantee Dems will help it pass.

They should not negotiate about bills that will make their constituents lives worse.

As it stands the Republicans have not tried. They just want rid of Obamacare. I should also say that the democrats couldn't stop this. If the Republicans had spent time over the last 7 years (or Trump while loudly declaring healthcare would be easy on day 1) they might have had some agreement. Instead with all of the power for 6 months they have managed to do diddly squat.

They're not voting for something they stand against, where the opposite party clearly has no plan nor for the most part much of any real interest bar lowering taxes on the wealthy.

During the Bush years, Democrats got walked over for the most part and yet tried to work with Republicans. The very moment Obama came in the GOP stated it's only goal was to make him a one term president and came known as 'The Party of No' due to it's insistence on standing against anything and everything possible - including, as I have cited, legislature that they literally were the ones to propose simply because Obama was President. And guess what? It won them both houses, so now the American public get the government, and the opposition, it thoroughly deserves.

If the Democrats worked with the Republicans on health care, it would just be constant disagreement with no movement as the Republicans only interest by and large are profits and tax cuts. Any deal that was struck would be seen as a Republican win and nothing more, and if the Democrats still managed to get back into power in 2018, 2020, etc the Republicans would immediately stop working with them and make their whole agenda about dragging down the country and introducing legislation just so they can oppose it. And as the American public have shown, they would likely vote the Republicans back into power if they scuppered enough things and made enough noise about it. So where is the incentive there?

If you share an office with someone who consistently tries to sabotage your work for no other reason than to drag you down and stop any chance of progression you have and to the detriment of your whole department, it's annoying to put it mildly. If you have helped this person previously when they needed assistance with their own work, it is infuriating. If this person then comes to you looking for help on something, but won't say what they need help doing or what they plan to do with it, you would be right to tell them to f*** off and at the very least come back to you when they have something clear and good reason for you to lend your help (which is exactly what some have done). If your boss rewards whoever shouts the loudest about what they have done and what they have prevented the other from doing (which sounds utterly nonsensical, but welcome to the American voting populace), then that would count doubly. I mean, what are the incentives for the Democrats in assisting to pass this bill? And don't say making health care better because the Republicans have already shown that is not what they are interested in, and for that very reason have done all they can to keep prior drafts hidden away from the media and the very same Democrats they now want help from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Oh I agree. The GOP are showing their true colours with this bill. The problem is that McConnell and Ryan want the benefits to go to corporate America.

To be fair when it comes to corporate America Obamacare was a gift to them and did nothing to impact the fact that the health of Americans is dependent on a for profit business model except of course if your a member of congress and then you have government run health care or that evil European socialized medicine that McConnell was so upset about in his speach last night.

It's really kicking off now, let the infighting (outside of just the WH) begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

It's really kicking off now, let the infighting (outside of just the WH) begin!

Mo is running for Jeff Sessions vacant seat in the Senate. I would say it's not so much in fighting as it is canvassing to his own constituents

The question is more when did the Republicans give the Democrats a chance to improve the ACA. The situation has been the same for the ACA since it got going.

Para from the link below : MARCH 23, 2010: An immediate push to repeal.
    Immediately after President Obama signed the Senate health care bill into law, 13 Republican state attorneys general file a federal lawsuit against the overhaul and Sens. Jim DeMint (R-SC), Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) and Rep. Steve King (R-IA) introduce legislation to repeal the law. King even offers a discharge petition. “If we can get to 218, we can force Nancy Pelosi to bring a repeal to the floor for a vote. If the Senate can do that…we have a chance to put a repeal on President Obama’s desk and make him veto that bill,” King explained. “Repeal and replace will be the slogan for the fall,” Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) predicts.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_0t6N6KzVAhViCMAKHbFbAXcQFgg3MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthinkprogress.org%2Fblow-by-blow-a-comprehensive-timeline-of-the-gops-4-year-battle-to-kill-obamacare-5dd069a5518a&usg=AFQjCNGXOrD5oUQmW27ZSofDalodE-7C2A

Priebus fired.

General John Kelly is new WH CoS, Don pleased to announce. Source: Neil Cavuto's programme on Fox News. No actual mention of Priebus. So if Scaramucci stays in job, goodbye what remains of WH staff morale. It'll be interesting to see whaT Kelly will do of Scaramucci tries hassling him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    Priebus fired.
    If Jeff goes soon enough. Himself, Jeff and spicer can form a support group.

• Advertisement

Was this decided at the Scaramucci dinner and why he was so annoyed about it being disclosed?

He was head of the RNC before becoming chief of staff and is apparently very close with Paul Ryan, both coming from Wisconsin and ascending quickly in the last 10-12 years; it will be very interesting to see the fallout over this.

Was this decided at the Scaramucci dinner and why he was so annoyed about it being disclosed?

Plus a message to everyone that Don has Scaramucci's back.

Trump, Kelly and Priebus were all on Air Force 1, when Trump tweeted the change. Sort of awkward place to be.

Trump, Kelly and Priebus were all on Air Force 1, when Trump tweeted the change. Sort of awkward place to be.

Flashback to firing of Comey: he sees it on a screen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yes, clearly, he would have preferred the cameras to be there when he said "You're Fired"
    Honestly, this is as surreal a situation as I've ever encountered.
    If it was House of Cards, viewers would be leaving in droves saying it'd jumped the shark.
    It has to be coming to a denouement soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So who's been chewed through so far?

Is there any precedent for this turnover of staff and for this many positions still unfilled?

It seems like the goal is for there to not actually be anyone left in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Kelly and Bannon should work well together. Two good Irish Americans with a military background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Trump in a speech to law enforcement officials in Long Island today saying that it is ok to rough up suspects and he has got their back. Crazier and Crazier.

• Advertisement

Recedite, it's a pity so Sean Spicer is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement