Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

aloyisious wrote: »
    Are we watching the break-up of the US into two federations? Is this the wish of those behind Trump, who he has on his White House senior civilian staff? The removal of the Robert E Lee statue was probably used as a rallying cause by the White Ethnicity Front [my label for those white militant well equipped protests] coming to town to start a ****storm. Sky is reporting that a car has been driven into a crowd in the city, but no info on which crowd was struck.

AP state that it was the counter-protesters who were struck.

Something tells me that if it was some alt-right oxygen thief, he probably wanted to emulate Daesh. After all, they probably hold women in a similar level of esteem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

David Dukes [ex KKK leader] is stirring things quoting Don from his election campaign period: Charlottesville Rally fulfills the promises of Donald Trump...
    “This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”
    There was to be a ceremony at the White House for US Military veterans in front of cameras but it's on pause now while the Admin figures out what it can do in cooperation with the Virginia State Governor to bring control back to the City. The fighting seems to be white on white so hopefully the Nat Guard won't be on the streets too long. Duke has reportedly been tweeting messages to apparently attract Don's attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

All sorts of sh1t going down in Charlottesville, have seen video of a car ploughing into protesters at speed.

And Trumps reaction (and bearing in mind this is POTUS, not a random word generator) ...
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896431205549318144

Just seen this,

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/status/896434516260212737

And this;

https://twitter.com/BetteMLynch/status/896439097237090306

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭derb12

Trump just criticised the hatred and violence on many sides. On many sides.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mayo.mick wrote: »
    To bad for Brennan because in Trump's world white people can't be terrorists; esp. if they voted for him and of course not a single mention of the terrorist attack in his press conference as expected.

And here's another video of what the car hit in the first place before backing out which is sadly much more disturbing in how a human can do that intentionally :(

https://twitter.com/ProtestSPb/status/896439019642507265

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

That is sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nody wrote: »
    To bad for Brennan because in Trump's world white people can't be terrorists; esp. if they voted for him and of course not a single mention of the terrorist attack in his press conference as expected.

And here's another video of what the car hit in the first place before backing out which is sadly much more disturbing in how a human can do that intentionally :(

https://twitter.com/ProtestSPb/status/896439019642507265

Jesus Christ that's a little kid on the bonnet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Remember the complaints about how Muslims did not step up and condemn terrorist attacks? There's an awful lot of silence in regards to apologies and condemnation from Trump and the "Alt right" side at the moment.

Remember the complaints about how Muslims did not step up and condemn terrorist attacks? There's an awful lot of silence in regards to apologies and condemnation from Trump and the "Alt right" side at the moment.

Doesn't count in their eyes, it would seem. They are, ironically, "defending their culture".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

It was a false flag/he was defending himself.

It is just a coincidence that the idea of running over protestors as self defense was an idea floated around by the same groups previously.

• Advertisement

Sounds like the disgusting excuse for a human being that drove the car into the protesters has been arrested. It was breaking news on the Fox twitter feed so I don't know if there are further reports yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

You can't be serious, Trump tweeted this directly after the incident

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672

I don't like Trump as much as the next person but using a tragedy like this for point scoring is fairly low.

This is an attack carried out by an utter scumbag and people are seriously injured.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Samaris wrote: »
    Sounds like the disgusting excuse for a human being that drove the car into the protesters has been arrested. It was breaking news on the Fox twitter feed so I don't know if there are further reports yet.

I hope whoever they are feel the full force of the American justice system and spend a very long time behind bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Since Trump became president I have been afraid of what will happen the first time he faces a proper crisis.

Well, now we have crisis coming from multiple directions. Trump is facing investigations into himself, he is sparking a possible nuclear war, and we're seeing the genesis of 21st century race riots except this time, it's white supremacists fighting for a fascist regime, and these are the faction that the president of the USA energized and mobilized in order to win the election.

Trump needs the support of these racist violent thugs to keep himself in power, and he needs a war to distract from his own investigation....

The republican party are too craven and corrupt to do what needs to be done to stop this man, especially if the republican base are behind his racist, bigoted, white supremacist ideology.

This is looking bad.
    Very bad

JRant wrote: »
    You can't be serious, Trump tweeted this directly after the incident

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672

I don't like Trump as much as the next person but using a tragedy like this for point scoring is fairly low.

This is an attack carried out by an utter scumbag and people are seriously injured.
    And if it was a Muslim accused his twitter comments look like this:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871328428963901440
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742034549232766976
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741965111968075776
    Where is the same tweet style when it's a white guy being the terrorist? 1 dead, 19 injured by the last count yet "he condemns violence on all sides" rather than calling out the white nazi suprematists that's the force of the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Its a bit stupid to ignore this fact. Trump doens't want to upset his base so he vaguely condemns violence on all sides.

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/896462423275823109

Well Cory Gardner, Senator Rep. Colorado calling out Trump on his intentional BS (and I'm well aware why but that does not excuse it)

https://twitter.com/SenCoryGardner/status/896472477844385792

And if it was a Muslim accused his twitter comments look like this:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871328428963901440
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742034549232766976
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/741965111968075776
    Where is the same tweet style when it's a white guy being the terrorist? 1 dead, 19 injured by the last count yet "he condemns violence on all sides" rather than calling out the white nazi suprematists that's the force of the attack.

So he did condemn it but because it wasn't the "right" type of condemnation then he's wrong. Maybe he will go full retard on Twitter tonight and send out equivalent responses but I'd much rather see a more measured approach.

Between this Unite bunch of scum and the other cheek of the same arse, BLM, there are serious racial tensions building and a calm head is required at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Rightwing wrote: »
    I agree with that.

Hit them hard, we can worry about the fallout later.
    You do realise they have a mutual defense pact with China, right? China have explicitly come out and said that if NK attacks first, they are on their own, but if the US strikes first, China will step in and defend NK. Saying 'worry about the fallout later' is stupidly short sighted given that the fallout may involve war with China...

JRant wrote: »
    So he did condemn it but because it wasn't the "right" type of condemnation then he's wrong. Maybe he will go full retard on Twitter tonight and send out equivalent responses but I'd much rather see a more measured approach.
    I can give you another 5+ events he ignored in the last 12 months when done by white racists which would have him on twitter rants if the suspect was a Muslim. This is not about individual incidents but a trend set by Trump and his neo nazi "alt right" followers when only one side of the story is condemned if even mentioned because the terrorist attacks were done by white males.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

If the reports of the registered owner of the car being an anti-Trump, pro-Communist activist is correct then perhaps Trump might not have much to answer for.

So Trump waiting to see the side the guy is on is OK? "O Sure ill condemn the commie"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If the reports of the registered owner of the car being an anti-Trump, pro-Communist activist is correct then perhaps Trump might not have much to answer for.

Those reports are only on /r/The_Donald and 4chan not anywhere that could be considered credible, oh and Alex Jones did try to say he was black.....

@Pompey Magnus:Initial reports can be put down later to mistakes/ facts unverified, deliberately, not accidentally.... fake news.

The veterans news piece on Fox etc gave Don time to issue a pressure relieving moment to get out a well scripted release including the use of Barack Obama and himself as presidents seeking the same answer to US troubles. Don only strayed off script in two minor segments, which ain't bad for him, so he does know how to give live briefings himself when it comes to the crunch, plus he walked out without answering questions, returned to sign the new V A bill, shook hands again and walked out again ignoring reporters questions a second time. He has become very well versed on handling situations and remaining inside the control of W/H media handlers

I've been wondering about the tweets ascribed to Don as being from him solely. I don't have a twitter account but assume they are password controlled and can be used by persons who have it and a device used/owned by Don. Barring access being legally allowed to a single person only, I don't see why Don does not allow access to his account to issue "statements" reasonably ascribable to him by others and keeping the interest in his tweets going as a issue. It may not be worthwhile giving them any credence if that is the case. I don't know when Don last verifiably "issued" a tweet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

I don't know why anyone is shocked by any of this. America is full of lunatics, as we saw with the shooting of the GOP politician at a baseball game or the female politician shot, it's not a normal country. Communists and white nationalists fighting and trying to kill each other is as predictable as a bear taking a crap in the woods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I fully supported the campaign promises Trump ran on but now that he is president he has turned out to be another corporate owned puppet. Nothing changes , the world keeps turning.

I don't have the link but there's a SOJOURNERS live video taken two days ago in Charlottesburg of religious leaders and followers moving on its streets to a rally There are several armed and camou-clothed men standing around on the paths along the route The police were standing behind barriers at junctions and were separate to these armed men......

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP1qzS49LVAhWlIsAKHYU3ADYQFggsMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Flocal%2Fcharlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday%2F2017%2F08%2F10%2Fcff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html&usg=AFQjCNFr4aDel42I2B9vy96tbhz1Z0pYYg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Autochange wrote: »
    I fully supported the campaign promises Trump ran on but now that he is president he has turned out to be another corporate owned puppet. Nothing changes , the world keeps turning.

How in god's name could the be a surprise to you? It's Donald f*cking Trump we're talking about?

How in god's name could the be a surprise to you? It's Donald f*cking Trump we're talking about?

Yes but the other candidate was Hillary F*cking Clinton. A war mongering, backstabbing ,greedy scumbag.

Trump already had the money and looked like he wouldn't be controlled during his campaign which pissed off both republican and democrat parties.
    He seemed to be against war and claimed to be opposed to the Iraq invasion.
    He said he wanted to "drain the swamp" in Washington of crooked politicians who were controlled by corporations.

Guess what . I bought it. So did millions more. The guy is a salesman

• Advertisement

Yes but the other candidate was Hillary F*cking Clinton. A war mongering, backstabbing ,greedy scumbag.

Trump already had the money and looked like he wouldn't be controlled during his campaign which pissed off both republican and democrat parties.
    He said he wanted to "drain the swamp" in Washington of crooked politicians who were controlled by corporations.

Any candidate which says they are against war is lying. America needs war, the military industrial complex demands it, it needs a profits from war. When has America not been at war? After the revolution it wasn't long before they started turning into what the founders feared, getting involved in other countries business.

Any candidate which says they are against war is lying. America needs war, the military industrial complex demands it, it needs a profits from war. When has America not been at war? After the revolution it wasn't long before they started turning into what the founders feared, getting involved in other countries business.

Im well aware of that. Just like the situation in Korea now deflects nicely from the onging possible collusion with Russia.

As i said I believed it and bought into it
    So sue me as the yanks would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump obfuscating on the terrorism in Charlesville.
    Moral equivalence of neo natzis and those protesting against them.

Latest tweet sends condolences to the police on losing two in a helicopter crash. No mention of the woman killed by a car, used as a missile.

Im well aware of that. Just like the situation in Korea now deflects nicely from the onging possible collusion with Russia.

As i said I believed it and bought into it
    So sue me   as the yanks would say
    The only reason I wanted Trump to win was because I thought relationships would improve with Russia, Hillary seemed to hate them and feared it might get worse. So on that front it's not been too bad with Trump as far as Russia is concerned. But America is an Empire, it's reach is way too big to just be a 'Republic' with the amount of involvement in other parts of the world.

The only reason I wanted Trump to win was because I thought relationships would improve with Russia, Hillary seemed to hate them and feared it might get worse. So on that front it's not been too bad with Trump as far as Russia is concerned. But America is an Empire, it's reach is way too big to just be a 'Republic' with the amount of involvement in other parts of the world.

The dollar is weak at the minute. Oil demand is low. The us economy needs a boost. Time for another war

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Well, thanks be to jaysus we didn't get anyone like that in the White House.

The guy is, and always has been, a pathological liar. Anyone who bought what that snake oil salesman was peddling during the campaign should hang their heads in shame.

I've said it before: he was a terrible person (and a piss-poor businessman), so it was no surprise that he was a terrible primary candidate. It continued to be no surprise that he was a terrible presidential candidate, and - guess what? - it's absolutely no surprise at all that he has turned out to be the worst president in history by a margin that will almost certainly never be surpassed.

Obvious charlatan becomes a lousy president. Who could have seen it coming?

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Well, thanks be to jaysus we didn't get anyone like that in the White House.

The guy is, and always has been, a pathological liar. Anyone who bought what that snake oil salesman was peddling during the campaign should hang their heads in shame.

I've said it before: he was a terrible person (and a piss-poor businessman), so it was no surprise that he was a terrible primary candidate. It continued to be no surprise that he was a terrible presidential candidate, and - guess what? - it's absolutely no surprise at all that he has turned out to be the worst president in history by a margin that will almost certainly never be surpassed.

Obvious charlatan becomes a lousy president. Who could have seen it coming?

On the upside of all of this it is nice to see the whiny liberals piss their pants and spend their days crying over Trumps presidency

Always look for a positive in a negative situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

On the upside of all of this it is nice to see the whiny liberals piss their pants and spend their days crying over Trumps presidency

A bless your cotton socks but the reality is the libtards like me know that the election of trump is the dying gasp of the right nutters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rightwing wrote: »
    Well we saw what dropping the bombs on the Japs did, it brought them to their senses pretty quickly. I'm more in favour of this type of warfare than boots on the ground 1900 century style rubbish.

It is well known that they were on their knees before the bombs and that the bombings were completely unnecessary. This probably isn't the thread for it I suppose but there is a lot of info to dig in to around that subject if you are so inclined.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A bless your cotton socks but the reality is the libtards like me know that the election of trump is the dying gasp of the right nutters.

A more centered approach is the real smart choice. Anything else has always been a failure. Still brings entertainment though.

On another note it is interesting to see people get so inflamed about an elected official in another country which they have no control over while ignoring the problems in their own. But thats for another day/ Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

mayo.mick wrote: »

I find that picture so so depressing.

What has happened to that country that these groups feel emboldened enough to be able to behave as they are.
    (Ps no need to answer that. . I think we all know)

• Advertisement

A more centered approach is the real smart choice. Anything else has always been a failure. Still brings entertainment though.

You call that entertainment..
    You need to have your head examined if you find this type of stuff entertaining.

Call me Al wrote: »
    You call that entertainment..
    You need to have your head examined if you find this type of stuff entertaining.

I have no control over it as i am not an American citizen. Im guessing you dont either.

Climb under your bed and wait it out if its all too much for you

I have no control over it as i am not an American citizen. Im guessing you dont either.

Climb under your bed and wait it out if its all too much for you

I not talking about control. I'm talking about how you say you find it entertaining.

I not talking about control. I'm talking about how you say you find it entertaining.

Entertaining that so many liberals are getting so upset about Trumps presidency?
    Yes i do find it entertaining . Where was your outrage when Obama was drone bombing children?

Entertaining that so many liberals are getting so upset about Trumps presidency?
    Yes i do find it entertaining . Where was your outrage when Obama was drone bombing children?
    But you think Trump's behaviour is acceptable? The groups that are demonstrating.. what's your opinion of them?
    What do you thinkof his statement about Virginia this evening?

Over the thousands of posts on trump over the last few months I think this is all his supporters have been able to come up with. Making the libtards cry. That's literally all you have. Are you sick of winning yet?

Over the thousands of posts on trump over the last few months I think this is all his supporters have been able to come up with. Making the libtards cry. That's literally all you have. Are you sick of winning yet?

You missed the beginning. Ill fill you in. Im not happy about Trump being president. He is a disaster. Now you are all caught up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Who are these libtards.

Its basically a word that was made up on Facebook and people go on like children in play school opposing the other team whoever that other team is.

The world is a sad place sometimes and social media has brought that closer to home daily.

But you think Trump's behaviour is acceptable? The groups that are demonstrating.. what's your opinion of them?
    What do you thinkof his statement about Virginia this evening?

This one?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/12/politics/trump-statement-alt-right-protests/index.html

On another note it is interesting to see people get so inflamed about an elected official in another country which they have no control over while ignoring the problems in their own. But thats for another day/ Thread

Well, you know, some people like to remain informed about potential society-destroying events, even if it isn't one's own society. And given the whole issue of an interconnected world and how what happens in America affects the rest of the world, it is rather more than just "entertainment" to anyone who has an interest in what may be happening around them soon enough. While one may not be able to do anything about much of it, it is generally better to be informed - rather than regarding it as just entertainment and a source of anger and frustration to [nebulous block of people not in your mental tribe]. It is a very strange outlook, that; oh, this thing upsets you, how funny that is!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement