Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Has trump even said a word about the two police pilots killed in an accident while covering the Charlottesville march? I don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Has trump even said a word about the two police pilots killed in an accident while covering the Charlottesville march? I don't think so.

He did tweet about it yes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896504109670567936

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Something tells me Trump won't pay any heed, especially since these groups would be largely Democrat caucuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump retweets a fox article about him 'seriously considering pardoning x-Sheriff joe Arpaio'

Which by itself is ridiculous, Trump retweeting a news story about himself considering something. Why not just talk for himself?

But anyway, then some guy replies to his tweet saying 'He's a fascist so not unusual' and Trump retweets that.

He's a clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

No trump fan but the media bias is incredible. Not the mention the "white nationalist" protests could have easily been staged. There is cases where people were paid to protest and cause chaos. There seems to be desperation in America to create a race war. 5 years ago race hardly made the news !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Not the mention the "white nationalist" protests could have easily been staged. There is cases where people were paid to protest and cause chaos.

It was funded by the freemasons wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Christy42

No trump fan but the media bias is incredible. Not the mention the "white nationalist" protests could have easily been staged. There is cases where people were paid to protest and cause chaos. There seems to be desperation in America to create a race war. 5 years ago race hardly made the news !

The pot stirring continues! Hey maybe driving a car was a false flag! If you want anyone to take this seriously you are going to have to back some of this up. Without evidence none of what you have said is worth considering. Also minus points for the "I'm not a ... but..." intro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's not incompatible with racism. Given Trump's dogged pursuit of the ridiculous Obama birther conspiracy theories, and his shameful attitude to the Central Park Five, I'm at a loss as to how his racism can be in any doubt.

I find it funny, that the only people who deny Don is a racist are usually deep down a lot racist, normally the "I have a black member of staff" type.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »

No No, let me guess it is a game, it is the illuminati. Am I right or the other guess is Soros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

ThisRegard wrote: »

'Twas the Stone Cutters!

Don't be ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

I'm loving that Trump fans are now starting their posts with "No trump fan".
    Even they are slowly realising how much of a muppet he is.
    He wasn't able to suppress his white supremacist leanings enough to give the standard political answer on Saturday.
    It beggards belief when you think about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

frag420 wrote: »
    'Twas the Stone Cutters!
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Don't be ridiculous

Less of this please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Two more US CEO's have resigned from Don's Presidents Industry Council. I'm wondering if they did a private sounding on the idea first with family and board to see what they thought of the idea. If this continues with more resignations, will it have a carry-over effect, a split between the president and major commerce leading to change of relationship with the GOP and will the GOP have to start worrying about its funding from industry.

Would Don continuing in office ranting, via tweet, about people doing things he does not like lead to major industry dropping a hint about moving to a better industrial clime if he doesn't shut up and start pulling his fingers out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

aloyisious wrote: »
    Two more US CEO's have resigned from Don's Presidents Industry Council. I'm wondering if they did a private sounding on the idea first with family and board to see what they thought of the idea. If this continues with more resignations, will it have a carry-over effect, a split between the president and major commerce leading to change of relationship with the GOP and will the GOP have to start worrying about its funding from industry.

Would Don continuing in office ranting, via tweet, about people doing things he does not like lead to major industry dropping a hint about moving to a better industrial clime if he doesn't shut up and start pulling his fingers out.
    Under Obama corporations had liberal politics drilled into them, perhaps in part because of the Obama campaign in 2008s ties to the liberal Netroots. But that is speculation on my part. Twitter and Facebook execs were constantly summoned to the WH. The Tech Industry in the US tends to be liberal and some have said there is a liberal version of blacklisting going on, including the firing of James Doman who was on CNN and Fox yesterday.

I think the Trump side will portray the resignations as an example of Trumps outsider status, and resistance he's facing from the Establishment as he tries to "drain the swamp".

Under Obama corporations had liberal politics drilled into them, perhaps in part because of the Obama campaign in 2008s ties to the liberal Netroots. But that is speculation on my part. Twitter and Facebook execs were constantly summoned to the WH. The Tech Industry in the US tends to be liberal and some have said there is a liberal version of blacklisting going on, including the firing of James Doman who was on CNN and Fox yesterday.

I think the Trump side will portray the resignations as an example of Trumps outsider status, and resistance he's facing from the Establishment as he tries to "drain the swamp".

You did see he is appointing loads of Goldman Sachs people to positions of power, some drain that more like keep the swamp water coming.

Just saw this

Days to hit 61% disapproval (Gallup)

Carter: Never
    Reagan: Never
    H.W. Bush: Never
    Clinton: Never
    W. Bush: 1,932
    Obama: Never
    Trump: 207

Just saw this

Days to hit 61% disapproval (Gallup)

Carter: Never
    Reagan: Never
    H.W. Bush: Never
    Clinton: Never
    W. Bush: 1,932
    Obama: Never
    Trump: 207
    Okay but the problem is Gallup often polls "All Adults", rather than just "Registered/Likely Voters". Consequently it might not bear out in an election. Also on polling day last year November 8th, the National Exit Poll on the US networks had Trump over 60% disapproval yet he won because Hillary was equally unpopular. Also a strong third party candidate (s) split the Anti-Trump vote last year. And overshadowing it all is the Electoral College.

I would also point out that Trump consistently underperforms in some polls and overperforms in others. For example a Monmouth university poll which included sampling yesterday has him disapproved of by only 42-49, compared to 39-52 a month ago. 42% is close to his 46% last year.

Okay but the problem is Gallup often polls "All Adults", rather than just "Registered/Likely Voters". Consequently it might not bear out in an election. Also on polling day last year November 8th, the National Exit Poll on the US networks had Trump over 60% disapproval yet he won because Hillary was equally unpopular. Also a strong third party candidate (s) split the Anti-Trump vote last year. And overshadowing it all is the Electoral College.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/political_updates/prez_track_aug15

Has him at 57% disapproval.

It's a fact with Gallup no president has hit 61 so quickly in most cases most never hit it.

I'm not talking about past election or 2020 I am pointing out Trump is a gob****e and this is not about Hilary in case you forgot she lost the election.

BTW Rasmussen said in polls Trump would shade it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

5 years ago race hardly made the news !

You cannot possibly believe this.

2012 was the year Trayvon Martin was killed. That was a pretty big news story about race and an event that resulted in the creation of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Not to mention the constant low key "send him back to Kenya" style racism directed at Obama during his entire presidency.

Civilisation has a liberal bias. The more peaceful and secure and prosperous a society becomes, the more tolerant and generous it is. When times are uncertain or there are intense competition for resources, people tend to close ranks and form affinity groups, increasing conflict and causing social unrest between competing groups.

This is an evolved human behaviour, and for centuries it has been used by powerful vested interests in their propaganda to maintain their control over their populations.

Divide and conquer, unite your supporters against a common enemy, even if that enemy is just a scapegoat.

People respond to this if they are convinced that there is an external threat, and the Media in the US is such a perfect storm of naked propaganda, fear mongering, sensationalism and jingoism that the safest population in the world are also the most perpetually terrified, and everyone seems to have a persecution complex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That retweeting of a train running over a CNN journalist, by Trump, beggars belief.
    This is POTUS.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Water John wrote: »
    That retweeting of a train running over a CNN journalist, by Trump, beggars belief.
    This is POTUS.

Have you a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you a link?

It's been deleted but the beeb have a screenshot:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40940044

For a man who says he doesn't drink or do drugs, he seems to have the judgement of someone in a taxi on the way home after a marathon boozing session.

I'd honestly prefer if he came out and said that he's an alcoholic and these messages are sent when he's intoxicated, because at least that is a problem that can be fixed. But if he's sober whole choosing to send these messages that he must know hundreds of millions of people will read, that indicates such a lack of good judgement that it borders on a pathology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Ta Ozymandius2011 et al: just listening to the closing part of RTE's DriveTime news programme, a short end-of-show chat Philip Boucher-Hayes was having with the NYT White House correspondent about the resignations. It might be better going to the RTE podcast system to listen to fully.

Philip asked about the matter and the reporter said he was on AF1 with Don when the tweeted comment about the Merck CEO broke. The reporter didn't know what to make of it & asked another reporter who told him the CEO was African-American.

The NYT reporter also put the tweet by Don about the CNN reporter being hit by a train bearing the Trump name into a different context [one seemingly familiar with US persons] that the tweet was made after the Charlottesville car fatality incident and the reporter in the train tweet was a woman. The NYT reporter also mentioned to Philip tweets by Don equalizing the story with fake news.

If the understanding of Don's tweets relative to both incidents are true, it puts their content and his intent in posting them, in a different context completely, possibly showing a side of his personal belief character not on common open display.

What planet are you on to make this easy for you http://www.gallup.com/poll/1687/race-relations.aspx

Anyone with even a passing experience of the USA will know race has been an issue every year for a couple of hundred years.

Jesus there is tick and there is just plain stupid. Please tell me you are not an adult.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Ta Ozymandius2011 et al: just listening to the closing part of RTE's DriveTime news programme, a short end-of-show chat Philip Boucher-Hayes was having with the NYT White House correspondent about the resignations. It might be better going to the RTE podcast system to listen to fully.

Philip asked about the matter and the reporter said he was on AF1 with Don when the tweeted comment about the Merck CEO broke. The reporter didn't know what to make of it & asked another reporter who told him the CEO was African-American.

The NYT reporter also put the tweet by Don about the CNN reporter being hit by a train bearing the Trump name into a different context [one seemingly familiar with US persons] that the tweet was made after the Charlottesville car fatality incident and the reporter in the train tweet was a woman. The NYT reporter also mentioned to Philip tweets by Don equalizing the story with fake news.

If the understanding of Don's tweets relative to both incidents are true, it puts their content and his intent in posting them, in a different context completely, possibly showing a side of his personal belief character not on common open display.
    I think the CNN logo attached to a man in front of a train was intended as a metaphor. The timing was obviously in poor taste. But I have watched CNN and Fox since 2008 and I agree with those who say the mainstream media is biased against Trump. One example is how on CNN panels discussing politics, they are often stacked against Trump. For the fiction of balance, they bring on die-hard "Never Trump" Republicans like Ana Navarro and the Wisconsin talkshow radio host Steve Deace. They very briefly had Corey Lewandowski and for some months they had ex Reagan staffer Jeffrey Lord, who despite the unfortunate tweet that got him dropped (which he says was sarcasm), succeeded in contributing to a genuine political debate despite the lopsided lack of balance on the CNN panels.

Now if you went over to Fox News which has a reputation in Irish liberal circles for pro-GOP bias (particularly among those who have not watched it): They have a lot of segments where they have 1 mainstream Democrat and 1 mainstream Trump supporter e.g. Katie Pavlich v Jessica Tarlov. Juan Williams is a Democrat and African American and on every episide of "The Five". There is no comparison with that 1-1 ratio on CNN very often. Its true that Anderson Cooper 360 panels have been becoming a little less lopsided recently - and yes there is room in journalism for opinion-programmes like Don Lemon and Hannity. But its just since inauguration Day, CNN have been running with the Russia story almost 24/7, and some of their claims were later retracted but not before they had contributed to an atmosphere that prompted the appointment of a Special Counsel (Comey himself admitted leaking to bring one about).

Call me old fashioned, but what I want from media is to hear both sides of the story. And I find CNNs shouting down of anyone who suggests the intel on the Russian election interference may be wrong (particularly by presenters like Chris Cuomo) very unfair particularly in the light of respected liberal websites like The Nation and The Canary reporting on experts saying it may have been an inside job after all. Bill Binney who formerly was technical director at the NSA was on Fox last night saying the speed of the data transfer means the DNC emails can't have been the result of a hack but rather may have been an inside job. CNN say the Seth Rich story is "false". How can they be so sure? They also said that Comey would tell the Senate committee that he had not told Trump he was not personally under investigation. Within 24 hours before the testimony, they retracted the story. They also retracted a story about Anthony Scaramucci and a multi billion dollar fund linked to Russia and three reporters on the story were fired. It seems to me evidence that standards are slipping at CNN because I dont regard a similar controversy at the network. Trump has a point on Fake News.

• Advertisement

I think the CNN logo attached to a man in front of a train was intended as a metaphor. The timing was obviously in poor taste. But I have watched CNN and Fox since 2008 and I agree with those who say the mainstream media is biased against Trump. One example is how on CNN panels discussing politics, they are often stacked against Trump. For the fiction of balance, they bring on die-hard "Never Trump" Republicans like Ana Navarro and the Wisconsin talkshow radio host Steve Deace. They very briefly had Corey Lewandowski and for some months they had ex Reagan staffer Jeffrey Lord, who despite the unfortunate tweet that got him dropped (which he says was sarcasm), succeeded in contributing to a genuine political debate despite the lopsided lack of balance on the CNN panels.

Now if you went over to Fox News which has a reputation in Irish liberal circles for pro-GOP bias (particularly among those who have not watched it): They have a lot of segments where they have 1 mainstream Democrat and 1 mainstream Trump supporter e.g. Katie Pavlich v Jessica Tarlov. Juan Williams is a Democrat and African American and on every episide of "The Five". There is no comparison with that 1-1 ratio on CNN very often. Its true that Anderson Cooper 360 panels have been becoming a little less lopsided recently - and yes there is room in journalism for opinion-programmes like Don Lemon and Hannity. But its just since inauguration Day, CNN have been running with the Russia story almost 24/7, and some of their claims were later retracted but not before they had contributed to an atmosphere that prompted the appointment of a Special Counsel (Comey himself admitted leaking to bring one about).

Call me old fashioned, but what I want from media is to hear both sides of the story. And I find CNNs shouting down of anyone who suggests the intel on the Russian election interference may be wrong (particularly by presenters like Chris Cuomo) very unfair particularly in the light of respected liberal websites like The Nation and The Canary reporting on experts saying it may have been an inside job after all. Bill Binney who formerly was technical director at the NSA was on Fox last night saying the speed of the data transfer means the DNC emails can't have been the result of a hack but rather may have been an inside job. -

Now you are just telling porkies CNN has gone out of its way to make sure a equal number of Trump talking heads are on each show.

I do not watch fox but i wonder did Fox do the same for Obama when they had people on talking about his birth cert.

Now you are just telling porkies CNN has gone out of its way to make sure a equal number of Trump talking heads are on each show.

I do not watch fox but i wonder did Fox do the same for Obama when they had people on talking about his birth cert.
    Jeffrey Lord was outnumbered 8-1 for months on Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon.

Jeffrey Lord was outnumbered 8-1 for months on Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon.

Most of CNN i watched had a number f Trump heads on.

Most of CNN i watched had a number f Trump heads on.
    It was even reported last year that when liberals pushed for Lord to be dropped, CNN President Jeff Zucker refused on the grounds that this would mean noone would be representing the Trump side.

Also Fox has a bitterly anti Trump presenter called Shepard Smith, which underlines Fox is actually "Fair and Balanced". Its CNN which is effectively the Clinton News Network. Hopefully the impending takeover of Time Warner by AT+T will restore CNN to its former objectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

B0jangles wrote: »
    It's been deleted but the beeb have a screenshot:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40940044

He has form on this. Remember this video that he tweeted in early July?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

It was even reported last year that when liberals pushed for Lord to be dropped, CNN President Jeff Zucker refused on the grounds that this would mean noone would be representing the Trump side.

Also Fox has a bitterly anti Trump presenter called Shepard Smith, which underlines Fox is actually "Fair and Balanced". Its CNN which is effectively the Clinton News Network. Hopefully the impending takeover of Time Warner by AT+T will restore CNN to its former objectivity.

Lord was recently fired for tweeting "Seig Heil".
    PC gone mad I suppose.

Sure you can point to the odd occasion but their panels tend to be lobsided. And as I said, Anderson Coopers panels recently have been less lobsided. But watch Don Lemon and its still almost exclusively Democrat and the so-called Republican Ana Navarro.

I can post links all night if you want, can you show me the links on Fox when presenters talked about the birth cert with Obama supporters.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/12/01/trump-supporter-check-in-camerota-newday.cnn

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/08/20/angela-rye-kayleigh-mcenany-donald-trump-african-americans-ac360.cnn

https://thinkprogress.org/a-day-after-leaving-cnn-trump-supporter-reads-real-news-on-his-facebook-page-dbc5f6c6a43c/

• Advertisement

Its interesting that you show a Trump supporter focus group with Alyson Camerota, given it was recently revealed CNN had cut out a segment from it that provided evidence of voter fraud - something CNN says never happens. We know this because he recorded it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So much for General Kelly bringing order and discipline to the Trump administration. Business as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What planet are you on to make this easy for you http://www.gallup.com/poll/1687/race-relations.aspx

Anyone with even a passing experience of the USA will know race has been an issue every year for a couple of hundred years.

Jesus there is tick and there is just plain stupid. Please tell me you are not an adult.

I mean to be fair RI the old civil rights act wasn't that big of a deal so some might not remember it. *sarcasm klaxon *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Sorry Ozy, is your point that CNN are not covering the positives of Trump or that they are concentrating too much on the negatives?

Balance is all well and good, but what balance do you want in terms of the discussion of Trumps lack of denouncement of Neo-Nazis on Saturday? They can have as many Trump supporters as they like but invariably their arguments are nothing more than denial or blaming HC.

For example, they have had Trumps Lawyer on a number of times and he has, at best, been economical with the truth at nearly every turn. At what point do you simply stop having these people on when they have nothing truthful to say?

KAC is another example. When she isn't totally ignoring the question, she comes out with Microwave spying devices or Bowling Green Massacres. Apart from propaganda for Trump what is the point?

And whilst Fox News may have balanced debate, the big problem is that Fox generally simply avoids the stories that are negative to Trump or simply claims that the Dems/Obama/HC are worse.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Sorry Ozy, is your point that CNN are not covering the positives of Trump or that they are concentrating too much on the negatives?

Balance is all well and good, but what balance do you want in terms of the discussion of Trumps lack of denouncement of Neo-Nazis on Saturday? They can have as many Trump supporters as they like but invariably their arguments are nothing more than denial or blaming HC.

For example, they have had Trumps Lawyer on a number of times and he has, at best, been economical with the truth at nearly every turn. At what point do you simply stop having these people on when they have nothing truthful to say?

KAC is another example. When she isn't totally ignoring the question, she comes out with Microwave spying devices or Bowling Green Massacres. Apart from propaganda for Trump what is the point?

And whilst Fox News may have balanced debate, the big problem is that Fox generally simply avoids the stories that are negative to Trump or simply claims that the Dems/Obama/HC are worse.
    A central problem with CNN is their tendency to start from a premise that a story is "false" before having looked into it. Its the opposite of good investigative journalism. One example is how they claimed that voter fraud is "debunked", despite the fact that the Presidential investigation into it has only just started.

Now it is true that Trump should have condemned specifically the Neo Nazis from Day 1. But the fact was that the violence from the Antifa before someone was killed was just as serious, according to NY Times journalist Sheryl Stolberg's tweets. She was nearly eaten alive on twitter by liberals for drawing equivalence, but we're not talking about Hitler or Goering here we are talking about Americans and Antifa have been closing down Republican speakers in universities e.g. Ben Shapiro, Ann Coulter, Condi Rice, Charles Murray all last year and this year using violence especially at Berkeley - once the capital of the Free Speech movement in the 1960s.

We have sometimes seen this phenomenon in Ireland, such as the hounding of Alan Shatter out of office based on allegations that were later disproved. That is what the Deep State is trying to do to Trump as revealed by ex Clinton consultant and Trump supporter Dick Morris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What's the odds that good ol bannon is next to go?

• Advertisement

What's the odds that good ol bannon is next to go?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-asked-to-fire-steve-bannon-stephen-miller-sebastian-gorka/article/2631536

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-pressed-fire-steve-bannon-white-house-staffers-charlottesville/

Talk is Bannon messed up the recent alt right, Gorka also in the sights Friday will be D Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If bannon leaves it'll be interesting to see what stance breitbart takes on the tango sh1t gibbon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

In terms of voter fraud there has been lots of reports showing negligible levels to date.

Then Trump claims 3 to 5 million illegal votes, all of which went with HC.

He has never provided any evidence for this and acknowledged that by setting up an investigation. Now either the investigation is trying to prove him or he was making it up.

Either way why should CNN treat it as a serious story? What sort of coverage should they give it. On one hand we have academic studies going back over priorc elections which found nothing and on the other hand you have someones totally baseless and biased opinion.

If bannon leaves it'll be interesting to see what stance breitbart takes on the golden sh1t gibbon

If it happens see his numbers drop I would say he will break 30 on aproval with gallup and break mid 30'e with Rasmussen, if he goes lower than that watch the rats jump ship because every 1% now is all republicans. If his republican suport drops lover than 65 he in serious trouble.

Ozy, all Governors, the majority of whom are R and oversee all elections in each state, have clearly come out and said, there is little or no voter fraud. That's why CNN can genuinely ask Trump & co for their evidence to the contrary.
    You'd better try again. Picked a poor one there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement