Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If it happens see his numbers drop I would say he will break 30 on aproval with gallup and break mid 30'e with Rasmussen, if he goes lower than that watch the rats jump ship because every 1% now is all republicans. If his republican suport drops lover than 65 he in serious trouble.

I don't know why any of these supposedly educated people want to work for trump in the first place. He's bad news. Look at how the various CEOs ran away from him last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

**** going down at a press conference at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

Water John wrote: »
    Ozy, all Governors, the majority of whom are R and oversee all elections in each state, have clearly come out and said, there is little or no voter fraud. That's why CNN can genuinely ask Trump & co for their evidence to the contrary.
    You'd better try again. Picked a poor one there.

And I am waiting for the im not a trump supporter but.

Sounds like he's putting most of the blame on the anti-protesters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If bannon leaves it'll be interesting to see what stance breitbart takes on the golden sh1t gibbon

If it happens see his numbers drop I would say he 8will break 30 on aproval with gallup and break mid 30'e with Rasmussen, if he goes lower than that watch the rats jump ship because every 1% now is all republicans. If his republican suport drops lover than 65 he in serious trouble.

So if his numbers would go down why would he dump him?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So if his numbers would go down why would he dump him?

Im saying the number may go down further if he dumps Bannon and if Bannon then starts pissing in. My own view if he dumps Bannon its a move by Flynn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Pelvis wrote: »
    **** going down at a press conference at the moment.

What's happening, he's blaming the lefties for the issues over the weekend?

I'm seeing stuff like this on Twitter regarding it

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/897553053724721153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ThisRegard wrote: »

I think I heard him blaming Obama too in that press conference

I'm seeing stuff like this on Twitter regarding it

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/897553053724721153
    Basically he said what he said in his first statement is what he meant, there's blame on both sides. Nazis/Nationalists had a permit and right to protest peacefully, mention if they should start taking down George Washington statues seeing as he had slaves etc etc. And I only caught the end of it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Truth bombs from Trump for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Sure the Alt Right violence should be condemned. But there has practically been radio silence from CNN about the violence on the other side too. There has also not been enough reporting on the alleged stand-down order, which if true would resemble the allegations about what happened in Berkeley.

Sure the Alt Right violence should be condemned. But there has practically been radio silence from CNN about the violence on the other side too.

Can you set out what violence the media have ignored?

For example CNN reporters saying there arent "two sides" in recent days. That is just not true.

This reminds me of Weimar Germany when you had two equally totalitarian ideologies rioting on the streets - the Nazis and the Communists. I don't like either of them. I read an article yesterday on BBC about the Antifa, and one of their leaders said "there is a place for violence". No there isnt.

Trump seems to be having another break down at a press conference based on what I'm reading on Twitter anyway.

I do hope this thread doesn't turn like that **** fest one about the clashes as sane people were able to avoid reading the nonsense posted ro it very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

For example CNN reporters saying there arent "two sides" in recent days. That is just not true.

This reminds me of Weimar Germany when you had two equally totalitarian ideologies rioting on the streets - the Nazis and the Communists. I don't like either of them. I read an article yesterday on BBC about the Antifa, and one of their leaders said "there is a place for violence". No there isnt.

Yes, both sides are to blame. That woman really messed up the front of that nice young man's car.

Can you lik to that so I can see the quote in context.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

I have read that and watched the report and agree with it, you may disagree with some reporting thats maybe because you are wrong.

Jake Tapper literally in the last 60 seconds has acknowledged that there was violence from Antifa.

There was comparible violence from antifa at the weekend?

I missed them carrying nazi flags, giving nazi salutes and driving a car into protesters

Just watching some clips of it now and I can't disagree with any of it really, it's just true. It was a horrible violent mess by nazi violent thugs and antifa violent thugs.

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    Jake Tapper literally in the last 60 seconds has acknowledged that there was violence from Antifa.

But the other poster said they do not do that, im confused now are you saying the other poster is maybe wrong or a liar.

Just watching some clips of it now and I can't disagree with any of it really, it's just true. It was a horrible violent mess by nazi violent thugs and antifa violent thugs.

Can you post the links you are watching.

While there's no doubting there were antifa clowns there, it makes things too easy and convenient for Trump supporters to try imply that there were no regular protestors protesting against the supremists and Nazi's.

But the other poster said they do not do that, im confused now are you saying the other poster is maybe wrong or a liar.
    If he did say that then its a sudden and welcome change lets see if it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Truth bombs from Trump for a change.

No not truth. Utter rubbish.

But thete is a clear difference between violence break8ng out and the sort of idealogy that the alt right is espousing.

Unfortunately fights do break out even without politics. After sports events for example. And you deal with them, charge the people involved and move on.

The alt right see violence as something natural, they are merely dealing with those they feel are inferior to them.

In much the same way as many Germans were able to rationalise violence against Jews as ok since Jews were simply inferior

• Advertisement

While there's no doubting there were antifa clowns there, it makes things too easy and convenient for Trump supporters to try imply that there were no regular protestors protesting against the supremists and Nazi's.
    I am sure you had good people among the whole crapfest it was. He also spoke uncomfortable truths from what I seen about Jefferson and Washington, something which many in mainstream America don't acknowledge or know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

HivemindXX wrote: »
    You cannot possibly believe this.

2012 was the year Trayvon Martin was killed. That was a pretty big news story about race and an event that resulted in the creation of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Not to mention the constant low key "send him back to Kenya" style racism directed at Obama during his entire presidency.

It never ceases to amaze me how Trump supporters keep being so wrong about reality. Especially with easily demonstrable events.

If it was just getting the odd thing wrong here and there or giving a different spin on things, you could just skip past it but the Trump supporters here post so many untrue things that it raises so many questions about their ability and willingness to be truthful.

I am sure you had good people among the whole crapfest it was. He also spoke uncomfortable truths from what I seen about Jefferson and Washington, something which many in mainstream America don't acknowledge or know about.

I'm pretty sure a lot of Americans are fully aware of their history, it's even referred to on TV/film at times, I'm sure it's even been referred to in The Simpsons. Can't get much more mainstream than that.

So basically Trump has been refuced to whataboutery!

He can't do anything as the problem is too big. What a leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trump had just an impromptu press conference there

Again just digging a hole for himself concerning Charlottesville

One thing I took away from it was he said Steve Bannon is not a racist, I had a giggle there

• Advertisement

I wonder has there been a power play, will we see Flynn or Bannon leave this week. I mean Kelly why do i keep calling him flynn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Headshot wrote: »
    Trump had just an impromptu press conference there

Again just digging a hole for himself concerning Charlottesville

One thing I took away from it was he said Steve Bannon is not a racist, I had a giggle there

And somehow shoehorning in the fact that he owns a winery in Charlottesville. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Fun times. Americans fighting Nazi's in the streets and trump isnt sure which side is to blame.

Its almost as though he's trying to see how low his poll numbers will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And somehow shoehorning in the fact that he owns a winery in Charlottesville. :rolleyes:

I dont understand it, why did he just go back to blaming both sides after directly blaming the KKK etc yesterday something he should of done day one

How ****ing stupid can one be.

Headshot wrote: »
    How ****ing stupid can one be.

[Trump] Hold my beer.....

Dr Alveda King, niece of MLK, defending Trump a few minutes ago on Fox.

Trump says there were "fine people" on both sides.

So among the white supremacists and neo nazis and kkk, trump says there are "fine people".

Amerikkka's president.

Trump says there were "fine people" on both sides.

So among the white supremacists and neo nazis and kkk, trump says there are "fine people".

Amerikkka's president.
    He means that on both sides there were non violent demonstrators. That is true. But hes also correctly stating there was violence on both sides too.

I don't like this "they had it coming" attitude from elements of the Leftwing media about the violence by club wielding Antifa members. That is not how the First Amendment works. It gives freedom of speech even to unpopular and obnoxious views. The Founding Fathers put it there to avoid a tyranny that would suppress dissenting views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

[Trump] Hold my beer.....

*wine

from my winery.

Biggest winery in Virginia. Or the known universe.

:rolleyes:

He means that on both sides there were non violent demonstrators. That is true. But hes also correctly stating there was violence on both sides too.

I don't like this "they had it coming" attitude from elements of the Leftwing media about the violence by club wielding Antifa members. That is not how the First Amendment works. It gives freedom of speech even to unpopular and obnoxious views. The Founding Fathers put it there to avoid a tyranny that would suppress dissenting views.

How the hell do you know what trump means???

• Advertisement

Are you ok with trump calling neo nazis and kkk "fine people"? Yes or no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its almost as though he's trying to see how low his poll numbers will go.

I used to think Trump was trying to get his approval ratings to match his golf handicap...I soon realised golf had nothing to do with it...

Dr Alveda King, niece of MLK, defending Trump a few minutes ago on Fox.

Seen her before not a very nice person, a bit too born again.

Are you ok with trump calling neo nazis and kkk "fine people"? Yes or no?
    He said that there were many on the rightwing protest who were not KKK or Neo Nazis. I believe thats what he meant. Many historians do not agree with removing the statues, on historical research grounds.

The current CNN panel, 100% anti Trump (and those particular ones, Borger, Lemon, Blitzer, David Axelrod and Chalian). Chalian was previous fired by the Washington Post for saying that the Romneys were "happy to have a party with black people drowning" . So I guess that tells you CNNs journalistic standards.

Im against political violence by both sides, and I also deplore the ideology of both sides. And I dont subscribe to the Western political consensus, that because Communism never came to power in the West but Nazism did, that Communism is not equally bad. Ask Stalins victims that.

He said that there were many on the rightwing protest who were not KKK or Neo Nazis. I believe thats what he meant. Many historians do not agree with removing the statues, on historical research grounds.

These people were willing to protest with neo nazis and kkk and white supremacists. They are fine people according to trump. Do u agree ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

He means that on both sides there were non violent demonstrators.

I'm afraid everyone knows that isnt true. He's afraid of losing his angry southern white male base.
    Its all he has left at this point. They're the core of the 18% and if they desert him he's done.

Can you link to such historians? It must be wonderful having a mind so in tune with the great leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Historical research on the 1920s? Anyway, why can't they research and study it in a museum?

Trump didn't qualify his remarks by the way. He says they are fine people. This is where America is today. Neo nazis and white supremacists and KKK are fine people according to the president.

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I'm afraid everyone knows that isnt true. He's afraid of losing his angry southern white male base.
    Its all he has left at this point. They're the core of the 18% and if they desert him he's done.

In one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement