Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He said that there were many on the rightwing protest who were not KKK or Neo Nazis. I believe thats what he meant. Many historians do not agree with removing the statues, on historical research grounds.

The current CNN panel, 100% anti Trump (and those particular ones, Borger, Lemon, Blitzer, David Axelrod and Chalian). Chalian was previous fired by the Washington Post for saying that the Romneys were "happy to have a party with black people drowning" . So I guess that tells you CNNs journalistic standards.

Why the fukc do you think we should care about a effin cable channel when the American president has said KKK, neo nazis and white supremacists are fine people???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Why the f do you think we should care about a effin cable channel when the American president has said KKK, neo nazis and white supremacists are fine people???
    I listened to him and he didnt say that. He said both sides had many fine people. He also said many on the rightwing protest were not Neo Nazis or KKK.

I listened to him and he didnt say that. He said both sides had many fine people. He also said many on the rightwing protest were not Neo Nazis or KKK.

He did say that and your attempt to twist and excuse his words is fukcing pathetic

He implied that neo nazis white supremacists and kkk are fine people. And apparently you are fine with that.

He did say that and your attempt to twist and excuse his words is fukcing pathetic

He implied that neo nazis white supremacists and kkk are fine people. And apparently you are fine with that.
    No he didnt but I suppose the word "implied" means its open to differing interpretations. But my interpretation is as I said. To suggest a man with Jews in his immediate family supports Neo Nazis is appalling.

No he didnt but I suppose the word "implied" means its open to differing interpretations. But my interpretation is as I said. To suggest a man with Jews in his immediate family supports Neo Nazis is appalling.

He said both sides have fine people.

One side had white supremacists, kkk and neo nazis

Therefore trump is saying that some of them at least are fine people.

And you already know this so stop treating people like idiots.

• Advertisement

Indeed trump is appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

And you are wrong he would sell his own grand children for money or power. The I have a insert what ever in my family is a slam dunk the guy is racist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/opinion/sunday/why-does-donald-trump-keep-dissing-jews.html

Indeed trump is appalling.

Do these guys take it in shifts i would love to check it out but im sure they are in 8 hour shifts.

He said both sides have fine people.

One side had white supremacists, kkk and neo nazis

Therefore trump is saying that some of them at least are fine people.

And you already know this so stop treating people like idiots.
    Hes making the point that not everyone on both sides were Neo Nazis and racists. Many were but some were not. CNN saying that Antifa only goes after "fascists". Not true as the Berkeley protests have shown. Antifa has prevented any senior Republican from speaking at Berkeley including Ben Shapiro who is himself Jewish. There are allegations of collusion between Dem mayors and Antifa, with police being told to stand down so that Antifa can attack then, resulting in it being declared "unlawful assembly".

In any case people dont have a right to beat someone up just because you find their political opinions offensive.

Look up what his campaign did with anti Semitic Star of David slurs last year.

It is appalling.

• Advertisement

Look up what his campaign did with anti Semitic Star of David slurs last year.

It is appalling.
    That was a Sheriffs badge I saw that ad if you mean the one with Hillary Clinton on it. It was in the context of the "Lock her up" chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

David Duke has thanked The Donald for his honesty in blaming the Alt Left for causing the trouble in Charlottesville.

That was a Sheriffs badge I saw that ad if you mean the one with Hillary Clinton on it. It was in the context of the "Lock her up" chants.

You cant be that stupid.

If you believe that you are as naive as you are gullible.

David Duke has thanked The Donald for his honesty in blaming the Alt Left for causing the trouble in Charlottesville.

The Dons supporters on here must be delighted to be in that company. Lie down with dogs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Are you really still buying that excuse?
    The image was previously featured on 8chan's /pol/ — an Internet message board for the alt-right, a digital movement of neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists newly emboldened by the success of Trump's rhetoric — as early as June 22, over a week before Trump's team tweeted it.

It later emerged that a Twitter user, @FishBoneHead1, had used the original image as early as June 15. That account, now defunct, "regularly tweeted out anti-Clinton and right-leaning messages and images," according to the Associated Press, including several cited by mic.com that most people would consider racist or anti-Semitic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There are allegations of collusion between Dem mayors and Antifa, with police being told to stand down so that Antifa can attack then, resulting in it being declared "unlawful assembly".

But with them already paying large groups of people to dress up as Nazi's and attack protestors on the left, aren't they just beating themselves up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Arguing about both sides being at fault is missing the point imo.
    On a real basic level, this entire event wouldn't be a major news story if someone didn't drive a car into a group of people.
    That's what elevated the events at Charlottesville to the point where Trump is forced to comment on it.

I'm frankly amazed by today's press conference. I can't believe he walked back his statement from yesterday.
    He's showing his white supremacist leanings for all the world to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Watched that presser...

I was actually shocked it was that horrendous. Total car crash.

But we all know that when you do a Google Image search for a graphic, that its very easy for someone to save the image without checking out what website it comes from. When I do historical research I sometimes do that for reference material.

• Advertisement

I'm not at all surprised. His campaign courted all sorts of extremists. And they so far are not happy with his record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Watched that presser...

Didn't see the press conference. Just read the quotes on BBC. Take out the spin and opinion and what Trump said was actually reasonable based purely on the printed quotes .

A lot of people jumping on the bandwagon because it's Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Pretty poor when a POTUS won't stand up unequivocally against Neo Nazis and the KKK.

But we all know that when you do a Google Image search for a graphic, that its very easy for someone to save the image without checking out what website it comes from. When I do historical research I sometimes do that for reference material.

Seriously man, you're embarrassing yourself.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Pretty poor when a POTUS won't stand up unequivocally against Neo Nazis and the KKK.

Eh, he said many of them are fine people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

So anyone care to guess what the Republican senators will make of this latest brain fart by Trump? Is there anyone left in power who seriously supports him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yes, and it just so happens that "someone" was working on behalf of the man who's now the POTUS. I'd say the standards for the social media team of the nominee-elect of one of the only two parties with a chance of winning that election are a tad higher than what you're expected to adhere to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

Just watching some clips of it now and I can't disagree with any of it really, it's just true. It was a horrible violent mess by nazi violent thugs and antifa violent thugs.

Which was obvious to anyone who followed it. The mainstream media really are a disgrace these days. Why not report accurately they don't need to be spinning the narrative to suit a particular agenda. Anyone who looked at the footage could see violence from both sides. Do the media think people don't read beyond their pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

red ears wrote: »
    Which was obvious to anyone who followed it. The mainstream media really are a disgrace these days. Why not report accurately they don't need to be spinning the narrative to suit a particular agenda. Anyone who looked at the footage could see violence from both sides. Do the media think people don't read beyond their pages.

Where do you get your news from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

How the hell do you know what trump means???

You didn't watch his press conference did you? Because he spells out who he is referring to in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Idealogy was mentioned earlier. We know from history what the idealogy of the KKK and Nazis is.

People seem to be suggesting that antifa is equivalent, Trump included.

I would be intetested in what people making this claim think the idealogy of the antifa is?

Here's some of the madness, he wanted a definition of what are the alt right, and has an issue with the left not having a permit

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/897559047553134594

Plus the winery he claims to have is not his, it's his son's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Trump was not saying that the white supremacists, nazis and KKK were "good people". He said and intended to say that there were "good people" on both sides ie not all the right wingers present were white supremacists, nazis and KKK.

But of course he was lying, as usual. Look at the poster ffs. (hope this embeds)

I believe noone would have died if the mayor had let the police keep the two groups apart. The German police are very good at that sort of thing when they have Far Right and Far Left demonstrators. I do not buy into the "they had it coming" excuse the Left have for violence against people on the Right. I support the spirit of the First Amendment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fox News are turning on him now. Surely this is reaching the end game for the son of a KKK man.

• Advertisement

Fox News are turning on him now. Surely this is reaching the end game for the son of a KKK man.

He will stumble on before the inevitable. It's gonna be quite the journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I found it strange that the police, and the other law enforcement agencies, which were aware in advance of the rally and the protestors, took no precautions to prevent a direct meeting between the groups. No barriers separating them by several metres, even opposite side of streets. There seemed to be no action by law enforcement in advance to prevent clashes. Heck, even on the day of the peaceful religious rally there were KKK provocateurs in the rally held at the same park, which arrived as the religious were in prayer there.

Are they? Im watching it now. Its giving both sides of the argument on Special Report. Yes the CEOs are leaving but the tech industry in Silicon Valley tends to be Democrat. They just did a report on how historians urge caution on the removal of Confederate statues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I believe noone would have died if the mayor had let the police keep the two groups apart. The German police are very good at that sort of thing when they have Far Right and Far Left demonstrators. I do not buy into the "they had it coming" excuse the Left have for violence against people on the Right. I support the spirit of the First Amendment.

This is unfortunately true. Even the supporters of them here agree, the far right needs to be kept away from others and failure to do so will lead to them killing people.

Are they? Im watching it now. Its giving both sides of the argument on Special Report. Yes the CEOs are leaving but the tech industry in Silicon Valley tends to be Democrat. They just did a report on how historians urge caution on the removal of Confederate statues.

https://twitter.com/AndrewKirell/status/897568148857204739

https://twitter.com/molly_knight/status/897570009500667905

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Watched that presser...

Don't worry. There'll be someone along any minute now to say it was very presidential.

He's gone down like a bomb on both sides of the media in the states.

His comment that he couldn't comment until he had all the facts was laughably hillarious given his track record on mouthing off bull**** at the drop of a hat.

Ohhh and now he's coming after Ireland too.

https://twitter.com/GavinDuffy/status/897581340253663233

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Ohhh and now he's coming after Ireland too.

Pop quiz:

Is Trump coming after Ireland because:

Option 1: We are a manufacturing threat to America.

Option 2: ""What happened is I went for an approval to do this massive, beautiful expansion to my golf course (Doonbeg, Co. Clare) – that was when I was a developer, now I couldn't care less about it … but I learned a lot because … they were using environmental tricks to stop a project from being built. I found it to be a very unpleasant experience."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭Christy42

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's gone down like a bomb on both sides of the media in the states.

His comment that he couldn't comment until he had all the facts was laughably hillarious given his track record on mouthing off bull**** at the drop of a hat.

Well I am sure there were many fine upstanding people walking alongside the nazi flag... I can only imagine if there were they were very lost and confused.

Any sort of defending nazis is beyond belief here. That is what the marchers were. Good people would have instantly objected to that flag and all it stands for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Turning on him how ?

He's the son of a man arresting for rioting with the KKK. He's defending the KKK and Neo-Nazis after they murdered someone and injured 20 other people. He's the President of America.

Starting to feel like we're in an alternate-universe spin-off where the likes of Enoch Powell became Prime Minister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christy42 wrote: »
    Well I am sure there were many fine upstanding people walking alongside the nazi flag... I can only imagine if there were they were very lost and confused.

Any sort of defending nazis is beyond belief here. That is what the marchers were. Good people would have instantly objected to that flag and all it stands for.

Yeah I can't understand how people don't seem to get that the nazis as a movement committed the worst human atrocities in the 20th century and no right thinking person can try and equate the nazis with good in any way.

That was a while before. I was referring to Special Report,

Oh, you're being selective in what particular segments you'll take notice of for arguments sake, you'll ignore the bits that contradict yourself?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement