Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Leroy42 wrote: »
    . . . So they either fall in line with Trump told them to do, something they have tried hard to fight against, or they look incompetent. Trump will either be the saviour by getting legislation through that Obama never did, and thus saving 800k DACA's, or he is yet again stifled by an incompetent swamp.
    Not quite. Obama had the same incompetent swamp, remember; Congress couldn't agree an immigration reform package, so the President did his own through the exercise of executive powers. Trump has now shredded that, but if the gamble fails and Congress still cannot enact something, then there is nothing, and Trump is seen as less skilled at circumventing congressional deadlock than Obama was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Not quite. Obama had the same incompetent swamp, remember; Congress couldn't agree an immigration reform package, so the President did his own through the exercise of executive powers. Trump has now shredded that, but if the gamble fails and Congress still cannot enact something, then there is nothing, and Trump is seen as less skilled at circumventing congressional deadlock than Obama was.
    I think what Leroy is getting at is that Trump fans will eagerly, desperately clutch and any straw they can, even if it doesn't exist (they'd blame Michael (D) Higgins for Trump's failings if they ever picked up on his middle initial). This is a flimsy straw, but at least it gives them a little something to tug on and feel satisfied by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm starting to side with Trump's fake news claims. The amount of stuff being said about him in the media that is conjecture being reported like facts is shocking. The US media have already shown an extremely ugly side since Trump became a serious Presidential candidate.
    The UK media and most of Europe's media have shown a very biased side too.

I'm not a fan of Trump but I don't underestimate him like a lot of people do.

I'm very afraid of Pence and word hate to see him ever get become POTUS.

The media could have investigated and reported ALL the stories smerging about TRump regarding associations with Russia, Collusion with same, his deplorable history as a disastrous businessman, his corruption as a business man, his association with 'the swamp', his funding by the swamp and billionaires via superPACS his association with men convicted of rape against minors, charges against him for same etc. etc. etc.

They didnt. They reported everything that Trump SAID to spin media and the vast majority of negative press was about email dumps from Wikileaks which was a front for Russia/Trump and contained no salacious content.

Not only did Trump get off impossibly lightly, but all his games and tweets were reported as he wished by the media who were delighted to spend the bast majority of Hillary coverage on emails, Benghazi, no personality and other Trump pushed talking points.

With all that has emerged since the election how can you believe that Trump got a raw deal from the media?

Can anyone give examples of 'fake nooz' against Trump? Not bad intel, actual intentional fake news from MSM outlets without a shred of credibility that clearly was intended entirely for propaganda. You know, something like Pizzagate - which was actual fake news. Seth Rich was another.

Not sure I've seen someone supply this yet, just the odd murmur of "yeah fake nooz" with very little if anything to back it up. The only one I can think of that seemed quite possible to be fake news was the Steele Dossier when it broke over Buzzfeed (which the Trumpeteers, particularly one or two here who have since left us, clung on to desperately and tried to shoehorn into every line of conversation) and... well look how that's turned out, it's not only a legit document but incredibly accurate on a large number of things in it. If I repeat something 20 times a day every day for a year that doesn't make it true, something some people really need to get their heads around.

EDIT: Just to clarify I'm not saying eagle eye is a Trump fan or some of those re the Steele Dossier above. But what I am saying is... can we please get some examples of this fake news?

Facebook received at least $100,000 from Russian trolls buying advertisement during the election.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/facebook-gave-special-counsel-robert-mueller-data-on-russian-ads-report-says.html

Cambridge Analytica's harvesting of Facebook profiles which were microtargeted with spurious information often amplified by a massive propaganda network of servers and websites must also have been known to Facebook.

I have a feeling Zuckerburg will be chatting to Muelleur soon. Any thoughts of a presidential bid might falter also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

only a few months ago FB were claiming they had received nothing.

Now all of a sudden they did receive something, but only 100k. FB have zero credibility on this issue.

FB is trying to stave off the possibility that far from a social network to help friends stay in contact, it has been taken over to allow disinformation and targeting of it customers. That is not the look that FB want. If people actually wake up and realise just want they are providing FB and its clients everytime they post then FB could face difficulties.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

only a few months ago FB were claiming they had received nothing.

Now all of a sudden they did receive something, but only 100k. FB have zero credibility on this issue.

FB is trying to stave off the possibility that far from a social network to help friends stay in contact, it has been taken over to allow disinformation and targeting of it customers. That is not the look that FB want. If people actually wake up and realise just want they are providing FB and its clients every time they post then FB could face difficulties.

To be fair - Is that not the case with every social network?

Twitter is destroyed by bots ,I personally never got the attraction of Twitter myself but virtually all of my acquaintances that previously used it have abandoned it because of bots.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Twitter is destroyed by bots ,I personally never got the attraction of Twitter myself but virtually all of my acquaintances that previously used it have abandoned it because of bots.

It's incredibly interesting in it's own right, even if massively discomforting. Sounds like Godwinning here but it's not intentional per se, but likewise the loudspeaker was used to similar effect by Hitler and the results were remarkable. Consider that prior to him, to get the message across one would have to project their voice to the audience and so it was incredibly difficult to talk to more than a small number of people at a time - meanwhile Hitler and co were getting their message out to tens of thousands in one fell swoop, which plays no small part in the image of him as a great orator (though he was effective, he was essentially playing with all the cheat codes on for want of a better term). What we saw in 2016 between Trump and Brexit was essentially an evolution of that, but addressing tens of millions in one go and being able to change what they were being told depending on data mined/bought/etc on them.

The inventor of the loudspeaker reportedly went to his grave feeling horrific and guilty over what transpired, though something tells me Zuckerberg & co have more interest in his own pockets and influence than ethics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

MadYaker wrote: »
    I find it hard to understand his decisions, I mean nobody was talking about DACA until he made it an issue and now the US has something else to tear itself apart over, and there is so much noise in the media that it's really hard to know what's actually happening because nobody is giving an unbiased view. It takes a huge amount of time and effort to sift through loads of different media reports on happenings in the WH, read them all and then try and form your own unbiased view. Most people don't have the time or patience or couldn't be bothered. That's why alternative facts or fake news or whatever you want to call it has become so prevalent.

For example if you go on Reddit now, read r/politics and then read r/TheDonald you'll be presented with two entirely different pictures of the DACA program (and of reality in general) and the people on both sides fully believe that they are correct and they will listen to nothing that comes from the other side of the debate. I think it's remarkable I've never seen anything like it. I think Trump is doing huge damage to the fabric of American society by creating and fostering these divisions.

Monday or Tuesday WaPO covered the DACA story and reported that Don was in an equivocative mood about [publicly announcing] it, so Jeff Sessions was the one who made the announcement of his decision. I guess from the report that Don knew he was in for a rough ride on the decision.

In more positive news, confederate slavery celebration statues are falling left, right and centre. Red = taken down already, black = proposal made to take it down.

monuments_map.svg

The one in Dallas was voted to be taken down yesterday in a 13-1 vote, though has been held off slightly as Kirk Lyons, identified by Southern Poverty Law Centre as a 'white supremacist lawyer' (while he prefers to stick to dog whistles, labeling himself a 'Christian attorney of Southern ancestry') is contesting it in court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Billy86 wrote: »
    The one in Dallas was unanimously voted to be taken down yesterday in a 13-1 vote.

Does unanimously mean something different in Dallas?

Pelvis wrote: »
    Does unanimously mean something different in Dallas?

Ha, oops! :p

Edited now, had initially heard it was unanimous but upon checking for the map in the post noticed it was actually 13-1 and forgot to delete it from the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Theres a bit of a difference, FB directly recieved 100k for the advertising, twitter doesnt receive any money that we know of its just incredibly easy to run an army of bot accounts on there

There are bots on twitter for sure but the accounts on Facebook were (human) Trolls (from the Olgina Troll Factory in St Petersburg, Russia)actually buying advertisements.

Also you had massive amounts of disinformation much of it of dubious origin being transferred to dark posts of users again presumably for money via Cambridge Analytica.
    The chances that Facebook did not know that some of its advertising clients were trying to subvert the US election/Brexit is zero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Donald trump jr is now saying that he took the meeting with the Russians in trump tower to access Hilary Clintons "fitness for office."

So what happened to the adoptions then and it being a nothing meeting.

And Donald Jr is meant to be the intellegent son!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-explains-why-he-met-with-russians-at-trump-tower-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

...So, yeah, he's just owned up that his father dictated a statement to be made public lying about meetings with the Russians.

You cannot make up how blatant and ...stupid all this is. John Oliver is right, this is Stupid Watergate.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Donald trump jr is now saying that he took the meeting with the Russians in trump tower to access Hilary Clintons "fitness for office."

So he's re-opened that can of worms himself without need or intervention from a "fake news" reporting source asking questions? Good lad. Now the question is he just filing an attention-craving he's got from Dad or is Don feeling neglected by the media...

Ok, just seen the link in last post above. This is straying back into the "go ask my left ********" territory again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭Christy42

I am sure they lied about the Russian meetings repeatedly for perfectly reasonable reasons. And Trump snr. was involved in writing the first, ermm, version of events.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

They seem eager to get the f*** away from the 'adoptions' talk moreso than the 'getting dirt on Clinton' talk from what I've seen, and that's because while the latter is collusion the former is collusion in return for the lifting of sanctions - sanctions that stemmed from money laundering in high end largely New York properties Trump is linked to and even lived in the same building with (the building named after him) prior to moving to the White House.

They could not have f***ed up any harder than they did in bringing up sanctions. Actually no, they could have and did when Trump Jr spunked the email chain all over that confirmed this meeting and the collusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Christy42 wrote: »
    I am sure they lied about the Russian meetings repeatedly for perfectly reasonable reasons. And Trump snr. was involved in writing the first, ermm, version of events.
    Donald Trump can write? I didn't know that. If he writes as bigly as he speaks then his autobiography will be bodacious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Everything has gone very quiet on the travel ban. Methinks it has been let die by the WH.

Since it was put forward as an emergency measure to give them 90 days to work out new systems surely they have completed this work and have no need for it.

Also, perhaps somebody could explain why Trump needed to get Dems support for the Debt ceiling thingy. GOP have majorities in both houses so even with all Dems the GOP can vote over them. Why did Trump bother to get them on his side (which normally would be a good idea) if it meant p1ssing off the GOP.

Finally, his use of Ivanka is really weird. He said yesterday that based on Ivanka he can't be that bad! And how demeaning for her as a businesswoman to be treated as nothing more than a prop!

Finally, his use of Ivanka is really weird. He said yesterday that based on Ivanka he can't be that bad! And how demeaning for her as a businesswoman to be treated as nothing more than a prop!

Sociopaths don't tend to see people as people (which could explain his stunningly creepy comments about her), my guess is he sees her as "my greatest creation!" - especially post surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is it demeaning, when she is in on the "heist"?

Ivanka isn't a innocent victim, just like the rest of his adult children. There all in on it, and are all benefiting from there Fathers Presidency.

wes wrote: »
    Is it demeaning, when she is in on the "heist"?

Ivanka isn't a innocent victim, just like the rest of his adult children. There all in on it, and are all benefiting from there Fathers Presidency.

Oh yeah I get that. It just strikes me as really odd that a person who 'prides' herself on being her own person is so willing to demean themselves to such an extent.

Although I would always question anyone who would willing give up their beliefs to take on board someone elses simply to get married (her converting to Judaism). That always strikes me as a pretty good pointer that that person is basically willing to take on board anything to secure what they want. (Before anyone kicks in, this is not about religion, its about ones core beliefs and willingness to change them to suit someone else)

I assume that within the bubble that they exist (Elite millionaires) that it isn't a problem.

Samaris wrote: »
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-explains-why-he-met-with-russians-at-trump-tower-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

...So, yeah, he's just owned up that his father dictated a statement to be made public lying about meetings with the Russians.

You cannot make up how blatant and ...stupid all this is. John Oliver is right, this is Stupid Watergate.

He is just after a 5 hour session with the Judiciary committee so may be related.

Does anyone remember the Nunes shenanigans with WH and unmasking?
    The idea was to discredit the TRump-Russia probe.

It's happenning again and more and more the House Intel committee (Rep dominated) is acting like a front for Trump's interest. Since Nunes had to recuse himself (and many believe he hasnt really) due to be under unversigation about above Trey Gowdy has taken a prominent role.
    Now Trey Gowdy would be favourite for Attorney General should anything happen to Sessions.
    Recently Trump loyalists have been asserting that the entire probe is based on the Steele dossier and have started attacking this angle to undermine the probe. If the reason for attaching importance to the dossier can be shown to be suspect then surely the probe is suspect?
    Gowdy has demanded that the FBI and judiciary committee turn over all documents relating to the dossier. Sessions and the new FBI head did not to date so the documents have been subpoenaed.
    The subpoenas had only one signature, the supposed to be recused Nunes who has kept the crucial role of saying yay or nay to subpoenas.
    Also the subpoeanas say that if its not turned over by a certain September date Sessions and Wray will have to appear before the committee to explain why.
    Again these allegations are made based on no evidence. These guys have no reason to assume that the FBI were erroneous in how they viewed the dossier, they have no reason to believe its the only reason that the FBI started investigating. What they are pertrified of is getting Steele himself to testify. They will not do this. Rather they sent people secretly from the comittee to London to find him (they being Nunes, Gowdy).
    Also the comittee is refusing to give evidence of Manaforts testimony to Mueller. The excuse is they dont want the investigations to overlap, and Manaforts lawyers say they promised this anyway.
    Back to the subpoenas. If Trump refuses the Subpoena, he may be fired. If he accepts it and has to testify his position as attorney general is untenable.
    So Sessions may go soon. Who would take his place? Gowdy. What will happen to the Mulleur probe then? It will be stopped.

I honestly think if that were to happen that all bets would be off.

Whilst the media have continued to put out stories, my feeling is that they are sitting on plenty of more stuff but cannot go ahead without getting the 'ok' from the investigation team (someone close to it) and/or they don't want to jeopardise the investigation.

If the investigation is called off then there is no more impediment and I would imagine that there will be continuous allegations in the press.

now of course allegations in the press are much easier to sidestep than an investigation, so from that point of view it may appear to be the better option, but I think the pressure on Trump and his team will be simply relentless. Whatever agenda he thinks he wants will simply be swamped by the allegations. The investigation has actually given them some breathing space. Call it off and the clammer to get reactions to Trump Jr news etc will be massive.

My bet would that his tax returns would come out pretty quickly for a start and it would go from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy86 wrote:
    Sociopaths don't tend to see people as people (which could explain his stunningly creepy comments about her), my guess is he sees her as "my greatest creation!" - especially post surgery.

So he is a sociopath now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, DT fits the profile of a sociopath. Empathy = zero.

Well given that signs of sociopaths tend to include a lack of empathy towards others, dishonesty, histories of poor relationships, callousness, manipulation, a lack of ability to take responsibility for anything, showing hostility with little provocation, and being impulsive and prone to taking large risks... what do you think?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That goes back to one of the dissents-in-part in the Supreme Court case a few months ago by Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch. They foresaw that the case would be right back in the Supreme Court again a few months later because the ruling was so vague as to 'who should be qualified as having a 'bona fide relationship' Dispute as to the nature of such a connection was inevitable, so there really isn't a huge deal or surprise here. They also observed in the last paragraph that

"litigation of the factual and legal issues that are likely to arise will presumably be directed to the two District Courts whose initial orders in these cases this Court has now— unanimously—found sufficiently questionable to be stayed as to the vast majority of the people potentially affected."

So, it's news, but not really significant news in the long term. The Appeals Court set up their ruling for a fast-track to SCOTUS as they knew the appeal would be forthcoming.

demfad wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the Nunes shenanigans with WH and unmasking?
    The idea was to discredit the TRump-Russia probe.

It's happenning again and more and more the House Intel committee (Rep dominated) is acting like a front for Trump's interest. Since Nunes had to recuse himself (and many believe he hasnt really) due to be under unversigation about above Trey Gowdy has taken a prominent role.
    Now Trey Gowdy would be favourite for Attorney General should anything happen to Sessions.
    Recently Trump loyalists have been asserting that the entire probe is based on the Steele dossier and have started attacking this angle to undermine the probe. If the reason for attaching importance to the dossier can be shown to be suspect then surely the probe is suspect?
    Gowdy has demanded that the FBI and judiciary committee turn over all documents relating to the dossier/QUOTE]

Is it Gowdy demanding documents or the Int committe sub'ing the judiciary committee for documents, while insisting on not sharing documents with others on the grounds of ensuring the different hearings can operate safely without interfering with the other?

I'm watching Bloomberg and a guest talking about Speaker Ryan speculating on him being replaced by Newt Gingrich or another Pol long out of office. The guest was saying that Ryan himself has been open about being replaced as speaker should others decide on such, that he is ok with the idea as he is there at the will of others.

This is a link to another Bloomberg article about Ryan, one written by Jonathan Bernstein..... https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiTtvH1zpbWAhVJExoKHSETDcYQFggyMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fview%2Farticles%2F2017-09-08%2Fpaul-ryan-s-six-big-mistakes&usg=AFQjCNGSuCxU74DA1eP_MLd2N6UXueQ8Sg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Now, and for the majority of his adult life I would imagine, if not earlier.

It is not an unusual personality type at all for a high level CEO.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Yeah, how dare you question armchair psychologists!

c_man wrote: »

You have no idea how informed the poster is, whether they are coming from a professional background or whether they have done extensive research on the topic.

Instead of attacking the poster, break down the flaws in their position. What personality traits are people either ignoring or misinterpreting that makes the call of sociopath incorrect?

Trump himself is the one that basically said the experts are useless (a theme that was centre stage in the Brexit campaign). Being an expert only leads you to be biased.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nonsense posts deleted.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

c_man wrote: »

You have no idea how informed the poster is, whether they are coming from a professional background or whether they have done extensive research on the topic.

Instead of attacking the poster, break down the flaws in their position. What personality traits are people either ignoring or misinterpreting that makes the call of sociopath incorrect?

Trump himself is the one that basically said the experts are useless (a theme that was centre stage in the Brexit campaign). Being an expert only leads you to be biased.

I don't care how informed the poster is, no reputable expert is going to make a psychological assessment of that nature without actually engaging the subject in question. Want a flaw in the position? It's that there is such a position. He can make reasoned argument without resorting to hyperbole and ad hominems.

I disagree with the lack of empathy statement anyway. If he had no empathy, why would he not just stop DACA effective immediately? His emotion after the Syrian chemical strike seemed pretty genuine to me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I don't care how informed the poster is, no reputable expert is going to make a psychological assessment of that nature without actually engaging the subject in question. Want a flaw in the position? It's that there is such a position. He can make reasoned argument without resorting to hyperbole and ad hominems.

I disagree with the lack of empathy statement anyway. If he had no empathy, why would he not just stop DACA effective immediately? His emotion after the Syrian chemical strike seemed pretty genuine to me as well.

One sign of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is the 'feed' they get from being narcissistic. Trump shows that in spades, loving the attention and doing everything to keep it up. It's a form of sociopathy. And, at least one group of psychoanalysts believe they can analyze Trump without him on the couch. Personally I disagree with them - get him on the couch and give him some tests. Trump repeatedly shows a lack of empathy - remember the 2d trip for Harvey to show him hanging with people and handing out meals? Had to have that pointed out to him. Mostly he shows cruelty and arrogance coupled with a desperate need for approval.

Link to one of the articles about the controversy in the US psychiatric associations: http://time.com/4872343/american-psychoanalytic-association-trump-mental-health/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

It would seem to be a sensible precaution to have a full medical and mental health medical on presidential candidates to weed out the actual nutters.

Releasing tax returns to ensure there are no conflicts of interest or potential for bribery or blackmail would also be a sane move.

Not saying this can be retroactively applied to the current one, but sheesh, maybe for future sanity of the world, some basic protective measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I disagree with the lack of empathy statement anyway. If he had no empathy, why would he not just stop DACA effective immediately?

Because he is using it as a bribe to get his wall built?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Igotadose wrote:
    One sign of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is the 'feed' they get from being narcissistic. Trump shows that in spades, loving the attention and doing everything to keep it up. It's a form of sociopathy. And, at least one group of psychoanalysts believe they can analyze Trump without him on the couch. Personally I disagree with them - get him on the couch and give him some tests. Trump repeatedly shows a lack of empathy - remember the 2d trip for Harvey to show him hanging with people and handing out meals? Had to have that pointed out to him. Mostly he shows cruelty and arrogance coupled with a desperate need for approval.

I'm convinced myself he's a sociopath, but of course he d have to be assessed properly to confirm, at least I'd say he has npd. All in all, a potentially dangerous person to be a world leader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

everlast75 wrote: »
    Because he is using it as a bribe to get his wall built?

Building a border fence was a good idea in 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭Christy42

Building a border fence was a good idea in 2006.

This is not actually a defense of the wall plan. One person proposing a small mistake 11 years ago is not a good reason to make a similar but far larger mistake now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

To date I've yet to see a sign of empathy. The hurricanes he made about himself. He literally took jabs at the media during the hurricanes. He's constantly abused people in incredible hurtful ways. He literally reminds me of a bully who enjoys hurting people.

I got bored tonight wondering what Fox news was doing since it went off screen on Sky so I googled it and came across this.... http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/10/rep-jim-jordan-defends-trump-budget-deal-with-schumer-pelosi-blames-gop-leaders.html

I didn't know Nancy and Don were doing deals so googled her recent history.... https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiPrdqqupvWAhWkJcAKHZWzBocQFghgMAs&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2Fpolicy-and-politics%2F2017%2F9%2F8%2F16275902%2Fdonald-trump-nancy-pelosi-tweet&usg=AFQjCNFVZWXrlpRsFp8X9a-2ncjrCF5eEA

There's a claim in the 2nd link that Nancy managed to get Don to tweet about DACA.... See the para's below the 1st photo in the article. Maybe those on the other side of the pond in the US Dublin and other cities might have recent or relevant facts behind the report, like is it correct or speculation and surmise?

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiPrdqqupvWAhWkJcAKHZWzBocQFghdMAo&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpowerpost%2Fnancy-pelosi-isnt-apologizing-to-democrats-for-cutting-a-deal-with-trump%2F2017%2F09%2F08%2F288a4386-94a6-11e7-aace-04b862b2b3f3_story.html&usg=AFQjCNHWCx0XNHwujUzV6bkRcBek50PZVg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Somewhat unrelated to Trump but his rival last year, Ted Cruz, possibly the most right-wing politician in the Senate just "liked" some hardcore porn on his Twitter account.

Waiting for the inevitable "my phone was hacked" palaver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

jooksavage wrote: »
    Somewhat unrelated to Trump but his rival last year, Ted Cruz, possibly the most right-wing politician in the Senate just "liked" some hardcore porn on his Twitter account.

Waiting for the inevitable "my phone was hacked" palaver

An intern is probably going to get fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

Christy42 wrote: »
    This is not actually a defense of the wall plan. One person proposing a small mistake 11 years ago is not a good reason to make a similar but far larger mistake now.

That's not true. Obama, Clinton, Schumer and all the top democrats voted for it. It's not one person making a small mistake.

Who are you trying to blame this on by suggesting this is the mistake of one person?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement