Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Month's ban from Politics Café

Options
  • 13-06-2017 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

HI.

A Months ban for "Derailing the thread"regarding the continued detention of Ibrahim Hawala in Egypt.

I have engaged with Moderator Caban Sail to some extent....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14371787

Ignoring Mods instructions,by derailing the thread,it is also alleged that I have form for "Derailing Threads".

However,the response was disappointing,to say the least,and I am somewhat concerned at the manner in which a level of potential censorship is suggested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14372775
    If you acknowledge this posting style is unacceptable and undertake to modify the way you interact on the forum then I am prepared to reduce this ban to two weeks. If not then you can accept the ban or take this to DRP.

Over the years I have contributed to various threads here,I have indeed picked up infractions and assorted other finger wags,for a variety of issues covering many topics.

The post which got me banned appears to be #2746,which was a response to galwayguy35's post #2734.

The issue of Minister Zappone's involvement in the Hawala case is very much an integral part of the thread,as the discussion centres largely upon the continuing assertions by the Hawala family,that the Irish State is not doing enough to secure the freedom of Ibrahim Hawala.

Minister Zappone,as a member of Cabinet,would be fully briefed on the prolonged and ongoing efforts of Minister Charlie Flanagan,the entire Dept of Foreign Affairs and even,The Head of State himself,President Higgins.

Galwayguy35's post #2734, in no way "derailed" the Hawala thread,and my response remains a perfectly valid contribution to the discussion,whether one agrees with it,or not.

I do not see anything excessive in tone or content about my post,and I most certainly don't view it as something I need to modify (?)in terms of my interaction with the forum.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A Soc Cmod will be along soon to take a look at this. Just so you know, when you post a link to a PM it doesn't work for anyone else, only you. If the Cmod asks, you'll need to either forward them the relevant PMs or post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Can you please forward me the PMs from yourself and the mod. I will look into this. thanks

Hi Alek,
    thanks for forwarding on the PMs.
    I haven't got a chance to review yet but will do tomorrow evening asap.

thanks for bearing with me

Hi Alek
    I have reviewed this and am recommending the ban be overturned.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi Alek
    I have reviewed this and am recommending the ban be overturned.

Thanks

Thank you Bluewolf,for your review,consideration and recommendation.

Regards.
    Alek.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Marking resolved, thanks everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement