Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of speach

Options
  • 14-06-2017 1:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭

I got a post edited and an allegation made that it was done so because I had posted a rant? All I had posted was that I believe members of a certain profession will charge as much as they can get away with. That's it the exact words that were deleted? Can someone please explain to me how saying that could be described as a rant? I then went on to back up my claim based on experience. Surprisingly that post wasn't edited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Farmer Ed:

It's hard to tell from your opening post if you are appealing an infraction, or simply having a rant at moderation in general.

If it's the former, then please discuss this via PM with the forum moderators first, to see if you can reach a satisfactory conclusion. Only after that, if you are still not satisfied, will a CMod review your case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

mike_ie wrote: »
    Farmer Ed:

It's hard to tell from your opening post if you are appealing an infraction, or simply having a rant at moderation in general.

If it's the former, then please discuss this via PM with the forum moderators first, to see if you can reach a satisfactory conclusion. Only after that, if you are still not satisfied, will a CMod review your case.

I already did that. And yes it's the former. But I feel strongly that a post was edited because and I quote the bit that was edited I suggested that "a lot of solicitors will charge as much as they can get away with". I was replying to some one who was just asking what was the best thing to do when dealing with solicitors. What really annoys me is that flashing up on the page was and add for a law course. Now I am sorry but I still have not got a satisfactory explanation as to why what I posted needed to be edited? Unfortunately having been directed here by one of the mods. My understanding is that this is the only place one can appeal a moderators decision. Who ever edited the post didn't even leave a name.

I'll let a CMod know, and one will be along shortly. Please be patient.

OK no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Can you please confirm where you got the infraction you are disputing (post or thread link) and forward me the PMs with the relevant mod. I will then look into it. thanks

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Can you please confirm where you got the infraction you are disputing (post or thread link) and forward me the PMs with the relevant mod. I will then look into it. thanks

Look thanks just let it off I suppose.

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Look thanks just let it off I suppose.

Will do. Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement