Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could anyone help me (work related)

Options
  • 14-06-2017 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently got fired from my job! That Ive been working for 2 years. I'm a sales assistant and got dismissed on the basis of gross misconduct. However last year a member of the management team did the exact same thing but got a written warning. Do Ive grounds to appeal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

What did you do??

And no, the fact that someone else "got away" with it is not grounds for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Appealhelp

What did you do??

And no, the fact that someone else "got away" with it is not grounds for anything.

I served a friend on the tills, but didn't process discount. Just served them.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

tats harsh go to a union mandate good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Appealhelp wrote: »
    I served a friend on the tills, but didn't process discount. Just served them.

Thank you

You DID NOT give this person a discount, so they fired you???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Did you go through a disciplinary process or were you fired on the spot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

You gave them a discount price but didn't put it through the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

As you have worked there for two years, you have protection under the Unfair Dismissals Act. You should talk to an employment lawyer about how to proceed. It might also be a good idea to request a written reason for the dismissal before starting any legal proceedings, to prevent them changing their story.

Advertisement