Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Fire and Aftermath RIP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you choose to ignore how she referenced other churches, and religions getting involved, along with local Trusts?

If anything, that interview is what we should be looking for from Muslim members of our population, not the radicalisation they have become more known for.

She was very clear in the interview that everyone was welcome to avail of assistance at the mosque, and very clear in saying that lots of different people were contributing to helping.

Bullcrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

MysticMonk wrote: »
    "We as muslims"...not "we as human beings"...this stuff makes me sick.

She actually said " we at Muslim Aid. " She was talking of the organisation in the same way one would talk as a member of the red cross, christian aid or any other charity.

Can't see anything worthy of criticism in that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

dilallio wrote: »
    Sky News said earlier that there are close to 600 residents living there.
    I've seen reports of 480-600.
    With 120 apartments that works out at 4-5 people per apartment.
    Which seems like a lot, since were talking about 1-2 bedroom apartments.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    She actually said " we at Muslim Aid. " She was talking of the organisation in the same way one would talk as a member of the red cross, christian aid or any other charity.

Can't see anything worthy of criticism in that interview.

Okay..why didnt she just say "we will give aid",instead of shoehorning her bloody religion into it?

And i will probably get lambasted for this but muslims are never far away from tragedy these days...where was she offering "aid" a few weeks back when her compatriots were slaughtering people in the name of HER religion?

The Sikh temple nearby was opened up for survivors (they never said "sikh aid")and yet the media tried to make it out to it be a mosque.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Okay..why didnt she just say "we will give aid",instead of shoehorning her bloody religion into it?

Why did she repeatedly also refer to Christian and Jewish organisations who were also helping out?

You do know it's a primarily Muslim/Asian/Arab population who were victims?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

AllForIt wrote: »
    I can't understand why these news agencies cross the line. Sky news are excellent at reporting live events but I can't understand why they would want to ruin their reputation by going tabloid gutter press at times.

That's exactly what it was. There were large flames of fire on the exterior of the building which tallies with spectators reports that the building went up in flames in a matter of minutes because it all started on the outside and then worked it's way to the inside.

What I suspect is that the cladding wasn't erected for the satisfaction of the occupants, rather it was done because those tower block buildings were so unsightly to the customers of the nearby luxurious Westfield shopping center which was built circa 2010 to regenerate the area.

Millions were poured into that shopping center where only a few hundred yards away ppl were living in council run high rise towers and not a penny was spent on their safety, only on superficiality.

Sure Sky is owned by Rupert Murdoch, King of the gutter press who has the ability to loose English cities readerships with his Sun newspaper.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

That would beg the question " Who do you mean by we". If she doesn't identify the org. people won't know where to send donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I've seen reports of 480-600.
    With 120 apartments that works out at 4-5 people per apartment.
    Which seems like a lot, since were talking about 1-2 bedroom apartments.

Nope some apartments were 3 and 4 bedrooms as well. It consisted of a combination of different sized ones.

And i will probably get lambasted for this but muslims are never far away from tragedy these days...where was she offering "aid" a few weeks back when her compatriots were slaughtering people in the name of HER religion?

RIP to the victims.

Yes you deserve to be. God knows how you can bring an utterly unrelated incident into this thread and attempt to make capital out of it. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Probably because she is from Muslim Aid, if you watch the coverage on all the channels you can see it on their highvis vests. Talk about creating a mountain out of a molehill!

• Advertisement

RIP to the victims.

Yes you deserve to be. God knows how you can bring an utterly unrelated incident into this thread and attempt to make capital out of it. Pathetic.

But i wasn't appearing in an interview in a headscarf promoting my religion off the back of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

But i wasn't appearing in an interview in a headscarf promoting my religion off the back of it.

`She didn't seem too worried to mention Christian, Jewish and non religious organisataions also offering aid, she surely wasn't committing apostasy by doing so?

Why did she repeatedly also refer to Christian and Jewish organisations who were also helping out?
    Taqiyya

You do know it's a primarily Muslim/Asian/Arab population who were victims?

Like they were in Tehran recently?

Taqiyya

So she was lying to promote Islam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why continuously and consistently watch programming that you don't agree with ethically? There are other channels and services. People always going on and on about Sky News and Kay Burley... Just switch off or switch over! I think certain people enjoy watching it so they can spew faux outrage afterwards. If they really didn't approve on moral grounds, they'd find another outlet and find it quite easily.

I said in my previous post that Sky News was very good in general. I mentioned that they let themselves down because of sensational reporting on a few occasions. I don't get why because I stated such that your getting your nickers in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Sky news interviewed a priest, so isn't that not promoting religion aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Taqiyya

Like they were in Tehran recently?

Maybe you are in the wrong thread, try the other London one about the terrorist attack, forensic tests can't be checked out yet as the scientists might get burned and stuff, so we don't know the outcome as yet to jump to conclusions.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

`She didn't seem too worried to mention Christian, Jewish and non religious organisataions also offering aid, she surely wasn't committing apostasy by doing so?

No..but then i didn't see her removing her headscarf or failing to name drop her religion either.

Trying to highjack a tragedy to make islam look all good and caring.

Taqiyya

Maybe you are in the wrong thread, try the other London one about the terrorist attack, forensics can't be checked out yet as they might get burned and stuff, so we don't know the outcome as yet to jump to conclusions.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions but it strikes me as a bit sinister that muslims (and their apologists) seem to be in the forefront of any mass tragedies in the UK lately.

Everybody wants to believe this was a tragic accident and i hope it was but to assume it was is jumping to conclusions also.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/ISIS-to-supporters-and-recruits-Set-fires-as-terror-method-like-in-Israel-477769

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No..but then i didn't see her removing her headscarf or failing to name drop her religion either.

Trying to highjack a tragedy to make islam look all good and caring.

Taqiyya

Coming from a guy who is hijacking a thread to go on an Anti-Muslim rant is a bit rich.

BTW, Taqiyya is a Shia (which is a minority sect) concept, and its basically, and its meaning is actually very specific:
    This practice is emphasized in Shia Islam whereby adherents are permitted to conceal their religion when under threat of persecution or compulsion.[4][9] However, it is also permitted in Sunni Islam under certain circumstances.[10][11]

What are doing libeling Muslims by deliberately mis-representing a religious term. Pretty disgusting that you would high jack this thread with your libel and bigotry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They have been cladding high rise blocks in the UK since the mid-late 80s.

It has nothing do do with politics or class so stop trying to make it an issue.

Nothing to do with politics so try not making it an issue?

jamesbere wrote: »
    Sky news interviewed a priest, so isn't that not promoting religion aswell

Where have priests being planting bombs,attacking people with machetes and screaming "jesus is great,lets kill muslims"?

[QUOTE=wes;103810035

What are doing libeling Muslims by deliberately mis-representing a religious term. Pretty disgusting that you would high jack this thread with your libel and bigotry.[/QUOTE]

There we go..if you're not prepared to discuss an issue you scream bigotry to hopefully shut down the discussion..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can't get my head around how quick this all went down. Sky News showed a video of a Facebook Live stream from a woman on the 23rd floor and only at the end they stated they're not sure if she made it out. How upsetting! No warning or anything. I don't usually watch SN but just caught that and thought how awful.

What would their chances have been if some of those on the highest floors made it out on to the roof?
    It's just beyond awful. Can't imagine being in a position where I've to consider either jumping to my death or burning to death.

There we go..if you're not prepared to discuss an issue you scream bigotry to hopefully shut down the discussion..

The thread is about the London fire, and not your hatred of Muslims. Your the one who doesn't want to discuss the issue at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bullcrap.

Fantastic rebuttal.

You're desperately looking for an angle here all night it seems. You suspect someone started this fire on purpose (without any evidence of same). You go on to say Muslims aren't far away from tragedy these days (despite this lady advertising help for all). Are ya trying to link the two there by any chance?

wes wrote: »
    So your lie about Taqiyya is exposed, and you post a whole bunch of other nonsense instead. :rolleyes:.

And not one bit of it can you refute.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Fantastic rebuttal.

You're desperately looking for an angle here all night it seems. You suspect someone started this fire on purpose (without any evidence of same). You go on to say Muslims aren't far away from tragedy these days (despite this lady advertising help for all). Are ya trying to link the two there by any chance?

quod erat demonstrandum

You're chucking in a lot of questions ( to presumably try and trip me up,or worse admit to racism) but i'm not here to answer your two liners..i'm merely stating my opinion and attempting to open the wider debate.

And not one bit of it can you refute.

Refute what, exactly? The thread is about a fire. Your have already lied about Taqiyya, and have been exposed about your libelous bigotry. Why should I waste my time, with more of your disgusting hateful nonsense.

Seriously, you have hijacked a thread about an awful fire, which killed at least a dozen people, to go on a hateful Anti-Muslim rant. Its an utterly bizarre thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No you certainly weren't. I doubt you were doing anything to help anyone, unlike she was. You're just looking to make an issue where there isn't one and you're embarrassing yourself on top of being disrespectful.

Advertisement