Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of Hein Verbruggen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

RIP
    You might want to edit the title to Verbruggen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

He certainly presided over some of the most interesting years of cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I wonder which nice bottle of French Red is going to be quaffed in the Kimmage household tonight...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

neris wrote: »
    Rte news reporting he's dead. The man who got away with alot of covering up in his own little kingdom=quote]

RIP
    Hardly think it's the time to be negative about his life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I wonder which nice bottle of French Red is going to be quaffed in the Kimmage household tonight...?

That's a terrible thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Agreed - unsure many positive comments will be posted here - unsure of this threads worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

I take your point, 'dont speak ill of the dead etc' and I've no personal axe to grind. I've also no idea what Kimmage thinks or is doing, but I'd not condemn him if he is happy to see the back of Verbruggen given the treatment dealt out by Verbruggen (& McQuaid as the official voices of the UCI) in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I take your point, 'dont speak ill of the dead etc' and I've no personal axe to grind. I've also no idea what Kimmage thinks or is doing, but I'd not condemn him if he is happy to see the back of Verbruggen given the treatment dealt out by Verbruggen (& McQuaid as the official voices of the UCI) in the past.

Not so much the don't speak ill of the dead that I have an issue with but rather the speculation that someone else is taking pleasure from it I find offensive. Their past issues notwithstanding.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In due course maybe we could discuss his cycling "legacy" but now is not the time

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

RIP and hope he finds peace and lots of cycling on good roads in the next life.
    A mixed legacy but there are some good things.
    Commiserations to his family and friends.

Advertisement