Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds from a Safe Harbour 2017

Options
  • 14-06-2017 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Bon Iver announced for Cork Opera House as part of Sounds from a Safe Harbour 2017 on Friday September 15.

Tickets go on sale Weds June 21 at 10am from Opera House website - €40.

The National show at Cork Opera House, which is also part of Sounds from a Safe Harbour is sold out.

More announcements coming soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

there is a free gig trail on Fri but work beckons.. grr..

Looking forward to the National - would like a pre gig gig.. any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

sporina wrote: »
    there is a free gig trail on Fri but work beckons.. grr..

Looking forward to the National - would like a pre gig gig.. any recommendations?

I think the music trail is every day of the weekend. Saw a fb post that mentioned places like firkin lane and callanans amongst others listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

check out schedule on ...
    http://soundsfromasafeharbour.com/

Mushy wrote: »
    I think the music trail is every day of the weekend. Saw a fb post that mentioned places like firkin lane and callanans amongst others listed.

really for sat night? i didn't see anything for firkin or callanans..

there is something on in the roundy alright

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

https://m.facebook.com/events/1722060118097622?acontext=%7B"ref"%3A"3"%2C"action_history"%3A"null"%7D&aref=3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The website doesnt appear to be working??

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ekano

Anyone buy tickets for the Ear Den? Sounds like a bit of craic. I'm hoping to see bon Iver or some members of the national in various combinations but it will be interesting regardless.

Ekano wrote: »
    Anyone buy tickets for the Ear Den? Sounds like a bit of craic. I'm hoping to see bon Iver or some members of the national in various combinations but it will be interesting regardless.

Yeah, I got tickets and am hoping for the same...we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »

Nialler9 free music trail on fb. Has a few different venues alright, sextant, crane lane, callanans. Definitely there!

Mr.H wrote: »
    The website doesnt appear to be working??

passed up on this as going to The National but let us know how it goes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just posting on the off chance that there's anyone with two (reasonably decent) seats for Bon Iver who'd prefer to stand?

I'm going either way, but would prefer seating.
    Can meet you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have 2 seats for Bon Iver and would like to swap for The National if anyone is interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Raging I missed the free tickets earlier for Big Red Machine.

Going to Bon Iver and Mona Lo, may check out the documentary screening in Triskel Christchurch on the sat too. Wish I was staying Sunday as well now wouldn't mind that free Ships gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Have tickets for Big Red Machine, Bon Iver, Ear Den and the National.

Planning on taking in Autre Monde and Sorcha Richardson on the Music Trail on Friday.

Have tickets to New Jackson/Donal Dineen for Friday night but reckon I won't make it over on time after the Bon Iver gig which is a little irritating but only €5 so not the end of the world. Cinema also clashes which is a shame.

Music trail Saturday has RSAG and Bantum so hoping to catch some of that, but believe there is overlap with the National.

Sunday then I'm considering Peter Broderick sings Arthur Russell, Ships and maybe something else if there's any freebies/pop ups going on.

Very excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I have tickets to Bon Iver and The National. Can't wait for both.

Really want to go the PEOPLE gig Friday at 5pm but can't seem to get tickets. Tickets are free and they have been giving them out via social media in Cork City. Not in Cork so can't avail of this. Does anyone know if you can get them anywhere else? I've msg'd them on FB but I was told to keep an eye out on social media to win them is all.

They went on 'sale' (for free you just had to go through checkout) yesterday but were gone in a flash sadly

Ah no, really. Damn it. Was it on Sounds From A Safe Harbour website or Live at St Lukes?

On the off chance anyone has spares let me know please.

They were on here

And I just noticed more went up 2 hours ago and sold out again, feck sake :pac:

Dammit. Going to leave it open all day in work and refresh every now and again.

keep an eye on the FB page as well - lots of announcement being posted there

• Advertisement

Will do.

just spotted a there is music event with the dressner bros and other people @ 3,30 in crane lane it first come basis - could be worth going to !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

whatever76 wrote: »
    just spotted a there is music event with the dressner bros and other people @ 3,30 in crane lane it first come basis - could be worth going to !

PEOPLE Mixtape :: Aaron & Bryce Dessner will lead a group of musicians in the Crane Lane, Cork on Saturday 3.30pm for this FREE event
    Musicians :
    Slow Moving Clouds
    Mina Tindle
    Emma Broughton
    Maud Nadal
    Diane Sorel
    Tickets for this will be on a first come, first served basis at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Lisa Hannigan & symphony orchestra streamed live, and can be played back here..

Skip to 18:30 if you're not a classical buff..

Lovely..

https://www.facebook.com/ARTEConcert/

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Lisa Hannigan & symphony orchestra streamed live, and can be played back here..

Skip to 18:30 if you're not a classical buff..

Lovely..

https://www.facebook.com/ARTEConcert/

listen to a bit of it live last night - good to know it can be played back..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Last night's show was fantastic if a little short, I reckon 60 minutes max, removing the composition without Lisa at the start then it was like 45 minutes......

Is the Bon Iver gig being live streamed?

Is the Bon Iver gig being live streamed?

It is.

ngunners wrote: »
    It is.

Cool, a few of the lads looking for it. I was lucky enough to get tickets. Any idea if it's on the Sounds for the safe harbour FB page or what?

• Advertisement

Cool, a few of the lads looking for it. I was lucky enough to get tickets. Any idea if it's on the Sounds for the safe harbour FB page or what?

ARTE concerts is the facebook page

Advertisement