Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sounds from a Safe Harbour 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Talos in Crane Lane at 6 30

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Did anyone go to the Justin Vernon & Sean Carey piano set in Cork School Of Music?

It was phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Did anyone go to the Justin Vernon & Sean Carey piano set in Cork School Of Music?

It was phenomenal.

Was the highlight of the festival for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Such a cool festival to have in city - really hope it comes back - to think of the cool artists we had in city over weekend and having cillian murphy behind it as well . Wow !
    lovely write up here - http://www.loudandquiet.com/short/the-national-bon-iver-sounds-from-a-safe-harbour-cork-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Any one go to the peter Broderick gig actually ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One of the headline acts appear to be coming back for a St Luke's gig. Can't see it being Lisa hannigan based on the excitement as she has done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting - being announced tomorrow morning!

Mushy wrote: »
    One of the headline acts appear to be coming back for a St Luke's gig. Can't see it being Lisa hannigan based on the excitement as she has done it before.

Justin Vernon said he'd be back to Cork at the school of music. Here's hoping.

It is Lisa Hannigan. Underwhelming...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

ngunners wrote: »

It's Lisa Hannigan - 2 shows, one all ages..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Slightly relieved, the thought of spending more money on gigs this month :pac:

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ngunners wrote: »

It's Lisa Hannigan - 2 shows, one all ages..

That's poor, she's done it before so wasn't worth an announcement to say they'll announce another act.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That's poor, she's done it before so wasn't worth an announcement to say they'll announce another act.

None of the other headliners would play St Lukes ,they are far too big for that.

None of the other headliners would play St Lukes ,they are far too big for that.

That's what would have made it worthy of announcing the announcement though. And in fairness, both acts were far too big for the opera house.

In saying that, Lisa hannigan in that venue is great. If people are considering it...go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

did anyone go to the Ear Den? If so how was it?

sporina wrote: »
    did anyone go to the Ear Den? If so how was it?

Yep I was there, overall I'm glad I went but there was nothing too exciting there.

Room 1 was R.S.A.G. a fantastic 1 piece drummer / 1 man band that blew me away, he played later on Saturday in Sextant aswel.

Room 2 was Slow Moving Clouds, again very enjoyably if a little too contrasting to the last act 2 mins before.

Room 3, I can't remember the acts name, 2 rappers and artistic dance. This wasn't my bag. maybe rusango family was there name.

Room 4, was Lisa Hannigan in the secret Garden, that was great but I had just seen her Thursday.

Room 5, was Graham Dunning experimenting with mixing sounds from ping pong balls and house, again not really my bag.

Room 6, was a shared space between Talos, David Kitt, Christof Van Der wen, jack o rourke and a few more. This was pass the guitar, 1 song each, it was nice and intimate but the layout was poor in this room....

Room 7 was the meal, supplied by Cafe Paradiso, food was okay, the service was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Yep I was there, overall I'm glad I went but there was nothing too exciting there.

Room 1 was R.S.A.G. a fantastic 1 piece drummer / 1 man band that blew me away, he played later on Saturday in Sextant aswel.

Room 2 was Slow Moving Clouds, again very enjoyably if a little too contrasting to the last act 2 mins before.

Room 3, I can't remember the acts name, 2 rappers and artistic dance. This wasn't my bag. maybe rusango family was there name.

Room 4, was Lisa Hannigan in the secret Garden, that was great but I had just seen her Thursday.

Room 5, was Graham Dunning experimenting with mixing sounds from ping pong balls and house, again not really my bag.

Room 6, was a shared space between Talos, David Kitt, Christof Van Der wen, jack o rourke and a few more. This was pass the guitar, 1 song each, it was nice and intimate but the layout was poor in this room....

Room 7 was the meal, supplied by Cafe Paradiso, food was okay, the service was awful.

That was Rusangano Family, a trio from Limerick/Clare. Dancers were Jessica Dessner's crew presenting 'Space for the Liberty Muse', a performance that they also did at the Firkin Crane and St Peters over the weekend, afaik.

Room 6 also had Rosie Carney and Lilla Vargen. Agree with you about the layout (and the service for the food...)

Rusangano Family, RSAG and Graham Dunning were my favourites. Enjoyed the song circle too. It was a cool idea though, I must say, if I wasn't seeing Bon Iver and the National separately, I might have been slightly peeved that there wasn't some involvement by them.

I expected the Dessners to perform with Lisa Hannigan or some other act, or an acoustic set from Justin Vernon. As it were, all of these things happened elsewhere at free events.

Now I got to all of them (except Hannigan but wouldn't be to my taste anyway) so I was happy to see something different, but if Ear Den was my only gig of the weekend...

That was Rusangano Family, a trio from Limerick/Clare. Dancers were Jessica Dessner's crew presenting 'Space for the Liberty Muse', a performance that they also did at the Firkin Crane and St Peters over the weekend, afaik.

Room 6 also had Rosie Carney and Lilla Vargen. Agree with you about the layout (and the service for the food...)

Rusangano Family, RSAG and Graham Dunning were my favourites. Enjoyed the song circle too. It was a cool idea though, I must say, if I wasn't seeing Bon Iver and the National separately, I might have been slightly peeved that there wasn't some involvement by them.

I expected the Dessners to perform with Lisa Hannigan or some other act, or an acoustic set from Justin Vernon. As it were, all of these things happened elsewhere at free events.

Now I got to all of them (except Hannigan but wouldn't be to my taste anyway) so I was happy to see something different, but if Ear Den was my only gig of the weekend...

Yeah similar to this I got to all the Opera House gigs so I wasnt too annoyed none of Justin or the Dessners didn't turn up (even thou they did in the Crane), alot of people around me were expecting them too thou.

Advertisement