Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baker wholesaler for donuts

Options
  • 14-06-2017 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi

This may not be the right place but I am trying to find a Donut wholesaler to supply a retail shop in Dublin city centre.
    I have tried google , Golden Pages etc but no joy.

Thanks in advance

H

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Google: wholesale bakery donuts

Looks like there's a couple of providers.

Don't cuisine de france do donuts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Thanks I tried that search but its pointing me to retailers who use the term bakers.

Cuisine de France Musgraves etc are all frozen suppliers I am looking for a fresh option.

Thanks again for the reply

Which Google are you using?

First result I see is Krust Bakery, Dublin........supply .. Donuts, ... through wholesale & retail............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

These guys work from the same kitchen as I do
    https://www.facebook.com/Offbeat-Donuts-1099614060061541/

I'm sure they'll supply wholesale

duploelabs wrote: »

Nice. Now I fancy donuts :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If its just a sideline, then frozen doughnuts from Musgraves and defreeze as required.

Every doughnut from petrol stations and most cafes are the same.

Other food service companies such as Pallas Foods, Brakes ( www.brake.eu ) & others.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    If its just a sideline, then frozen doughnuts from Musgraves and defreeze as required.

Other food service companies such as Pallas Foods, Brakes ( www.brake.eu ) & others.
    The quality of doughnut offered by those companies ensured the niche in a market for an actual decent doughnut

Thanks duploelabs. I'll contact them.

The quality of doughnut offered by those companies ensured the niche in a market for an actual decent doughnut

Yes I should have been clearer in original post. I am an existing customer of pallas musgraves etc but looking for a non frozen fresh donut offering

CeilingFly wrote: »

Thanks for reply, not a sideline but to become main offering a step above petrol stations etc.

Again sorry for not being more specific in original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Graham wrote: »
    Which Google are you using?

First result I see is Krust Bakery, Dublin........supply .. Donuts, ... through wholesale & retail............

These guys are not a bakery. Everything comes in Frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

here2surf wrote: »
    Hi

This may not be the right place but I am trying to find a Donut wholesaler to supply a retail shop in Dublin city centre.
    I have tried google , Golden Pages etc but no joy.

Thanks in advance

H

In the same boat-its impossible to get good ones.

I have done the legwork and most of the good donut suppliers in town have their own shops so dont want to supply wholesale. If they do they dont want to deliver very far. I have tried them all and none will deliver to me.....and Im only in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

have bought from Lumleys Bakery in Inchicore, family owned, good quality & flexible

Lumley's Bakery  

Wholesale Bakery

Address: 119 Tyrconnell Rd, Inchicore, Dublin 8, D08 XCW9

Phone: (01) 473 3553

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Thought the donut fad was over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

It is and has been for about a year. However that doesn't mean donuts won't consistently sell on a ongoing basis the way they have for the past 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Consider making your own?

There is a serious taste difference if you could work out the logistics. Wouldnt necessarily have to be made to order, could be done in batches

http://daisys-delights.com/equipments.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

It's not that difficult to make fresh donuts

Consider making your own?

There is a serious taste difference if you could work out the logistics. Wouldnt necessarily have to be made to order, could be done in batches

http://daisys-delights.com/equipments.php

You're ignoring the shelf-life of donuts, the yield from that machine, and the margin that you'd make from them versus the cap ex of that machine.

The former means your production unit would have to be very close to your vendors, thus incurring a rent premium. Not to mention your waste/returns.
    The yield from that machine means you'd be standing over it for a very measly output. It's a serious pinch point in your scalability.
    Your margin on your produce when you take in ALL overheads means that machine will be spitting out for a long long time before it starts turning out some money.

The machine employed by the crowd I mentioned about is much bigger that the link you posted and I'd wager it's price tag is a multiple of the price of your mini donut machine

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

The machine employed by the crowd I mentioned about is much bigger that the link you posted and I'd wager it's price tag is a multiple of the price of your mini donut machine

Would you have a rough idea of how many they are churning out every day ? I see more and more people carrying their boxes of 3 around town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

You're ignoring the shelf-life of donuts, the yield from that machine, and the margin that you'd make from them versus the cap ex of that machine.

The former means your production unit would have to be very close to your vendors, thus incurring a rent premium. Not to mention your waste/returns.
    The yield from that machine means you'd be standing over it for a very measly output. It's a serious pinch point in your scalability.
    Your margin on your produce when you take in ALL overheads means that machine will be spitting out for a long long time before it starts turning out some money.

All fair points but he doesn't want to mass produce, he just wants to sell them in his own retail store. Those machines can produce between 600 and 1800 mini donuts an hour apparently, its worth exploring

• Advertisement
Advertisement