Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repetitive strain from Squeezie Vape Bottles

Options
  • 14-06-2017 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

So I've been vaping along time, longer than most I suspect starting with the first Cigalikes on and off back in 2007 and mods starting in 2009/10. Currently squeezing about 20-30ml of juice per day.

However the past week or so I've had a constant joint pain on my index finger that I can only attribute to the damn squeeze bottles - filling up my tank seems to be the root of the problem.

Anyone else had anything like this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

was.deevey wrote: »
    So I've been vaping along time, longer than most I suspect starting with the first Cigalikes on and off back in 2007 and mods starting in 2009/10. Currently squeezing about 20-30ml of juice per day.

However the past week or so I've had a constant joint pain on my index finger that I can only attribute to the damn squeeze bottles - filling up my tank seems to be the root of the problem.

Anyone else had anything like this ?

I'm vaping 9 years now & I find squeezing bottles hard to do if I can get the bloody safety cap off:D:D but I know why it's difficult,my arthritic hands don't help & my joints wont work the way I want them to but I have no pain,just weakness of strength & gripping things...if that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

That doesn't surprise me. I get RSI in my arms and hands from using a keyboard and mouse in work all the time. I've also noticed recently a new pain in my right thumb which I put down to smartphone use. Can't say I get any from squeezing the vape bottles but then again it takes me several days to get through 30mls as I'm a MTL vaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Try pulling out the nozzle and pouring it in instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Not gonna work on my RTDA (Avocado SE) unfortunately .. gonna trying changing my grip for a bit and see what happens over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Yeah some of those bottles can be a pain. As a diy-er I use 100ml bottles with a wide spout that take 1 or 2 squeezes to fill a tank. With the smaller nibbed bottles I sometimes cut the nib a little bit and use a tool to widen it as there is a bit of give in the plastic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement