Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize bonds

• 14-06-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Received a gift of €50 prize bonds for my birthday 2 years ago but haven't done anything with them. Is there any way I can claim that €50 back as cash?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Details of how to cash them in are in this doc, section 14: http://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads/PrizeBondsFAQs.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Outstanding Prize Bonds are part of the national debt, the Government owes you the money so cashing them in is no problem. They used to be administered by Bank of Ireland from a special office in Mount St., Dublin until a few years ago when the work was taken over by FexCo in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Received a gift of €50 prize bonds for my birthday 2 years ago but haven't done anything with them. Is there any way I can claim that €50 back as cash?

But, but, but... you might win a million Euro if you keep it!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RossaP

Hey I have a question.. I won a prize draw back in 2002 and it’s been growing with intrest since 2002 and has gone through multiple intrest rates.. can anyone tell me the interest rates from 2002-2018?

16 years of intrest paid on top of €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Another question, my 5 year old has a load of bonds which he received over the past few years from grandparents as birthday/xmas presents. I was looking to cash some of them in and put them towards a decent bike for him. But if I get a cheque it is crossed and has to go into an account in his name. If I open a post office account, money cannot be withdrawn until he is 7. Is there a way around this ?

• Advertisement

Another question, my 5 year old has a load of bonds which he received over the past few years from grandparents as birthday/xmas presents. I was looking to cash some of them in and put them towards a decent bike for him. But if I get a cheque it is crossed and has to go into an account in his name. If I open a post office account, money cannot be withdrawn until he is 7. Is there a way around this ?

Anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Anybody ?

Buy the bike for him?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Buy the bike for him?

Its looking like that alright

Advertisement