Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents required to open joint Current Accounts

Options
  • 14-06-2017 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,

My wife and I  currently have a personal Current and Savings accounts with BOI.
    We want to...
    • open a Current Joint account
    • open Joint Savings account
    • transfer all our credits/debits from our Personal Current accounts to the Joint Current accounts
    • transfer all our credits from our Personal Savings accounts to the Joint Savings accounts
    • close our personal accounts

What documents do we need to bring to our local branch to get this done?

Thanks,

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon K622, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can open a joint current account easily online here. Upon application, you'll be sent an email with a link to upload the required documents. For information on the acceptable forms of identification please see here. Once your new account is open the sole bank accounts can be closed here online. 

With regards to your savings, it would be best to speak with one of our savings advisers as there may be specific terms on the existing accounts. They can also then advise on the best savings plan for you both. You can reach them on 0818 200 347 or view all the saving products here

Any credit or debit instructions would need to be re setup upon opening of the new accounts. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Elaine 

Advertisement