Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC DTV Dialler from Copper to Voip

Options
  • 14-06-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

http://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/product/dtv-plug-on-dialler/#.WUEwD_1IgdU

Hello, I currently have this dialler in my system afaik, it is connected to the phone line and dials out with a recorded message when the alarm goes off, it used to txt but I think that was discontinued so I had it changed to voice.

Now I'm looking at Imagine, which as far as I can tell convert your pstn no. to Voip but you plug your analogue phone into their modem and all appears as normal.

Will my alarm dialler still function over voip ?

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It should work just fine. If a standard phone works on it then the voice dallier will.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

The Dialler is currently connected into the eircom outlet,(not sure how I haven't unscrewed it yet) which obviously becomes obsolete because afaik the phone is just plugged into the imagine modem, is it just a case of connecting the dialler in series/parallel in the rj11 and plugging into new modem.

You'll need to disconnect it completely from the Eircom port and crimp an RJ11 plug onto it and into your new modem. If you're using a home phone as well then you'll need to get a RJ11 double adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

You'll need to disconnect it completely from the Eircom port and crimp an RJ11 plug onto it and into your new modem. If you're using a home phone as well then you'll need to get a RJ11 double adapter.

Worked a treat lad thanks. Just for anyone else a splitter won't fit it in the modem so you need a small rj11 lead and coupler to connect the splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Worked a treat lad thanks. Just for anyone else a splitter won't fit it in the modem so you need a small rj11 lead and coupler to connect the splitter.

It will work with a splitter but you should still be given the line priority.
    Line from Imagine into dialer on A/B then back out to a phone or a socket on the C/D.
    If an intruder was to pick up your phone he could engage the line, meaning it may not ring out.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    It will work with a splitter but you should still be given the line priority.
    Line from Imagine into dialer on A/B then back out to a phone or a socket on the C/D.
    If an intruder was to pick up your phone he could engage the line, meaning it may not ring out.

Grade 1 so no need IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

I'm sure everyone is aware of it by now, but unlike a PSTN line, VOIP will not function in the event of a power outage unless the modem is connected to a UPS. Cellular dialler is definitely required as a second line of defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 piddlyd

http://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/product/dtv-plug-on-dialler/#.WUEwD_1IgdU

Hello, I currently have this dialler in my system afaik, it is connected to the phone line and dials out with a recorded message when the alarm goes off, it used to txt but I think that was discontinued so I had it changed to voice.

Now I'm looking at Imagine, which as far as I can tell convert your pstn no. to Voip but you plug your analogue phone into their modem and all appears as normal.

Will my alarm dialler still function over voip ?

Thanks....

Our phone line recently changed from PSTN to VOIP as per above. The eircom cable is coming in now into the modem 1st, then the phone line is going out into a splitter from the modem, one line going to the phone and the other going to the DMC in the HKC panel, in on A & B, and back through C & D. Although the line monitor status is ok (one red flash), i can't get it to dial out as it says 'no dial tone' when i try a test call. Looked through the manual and it says the DC voltage across A & B on the DMC should be between 40 & 58V. Its measuring -33V! Could it just be a case that the i mixed the order of the four cables up going up to the DMC? The RJ11 male connector (going into the splitter) is 4 core-yellow, green, red, black. The green & yellow are connected to A & B on the DMC, and the red & black are connected to C & D. Any help would be much appreciated. Landline works ok from the other port on the splitter

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What hkc panel have you got?

What hkc panel have you got?

Its a HKC SW8/12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If its the 812 panel, your wasting your time because its not going to work. It will work with the hybrid panels with dialler because it has voice as well. If you are going to keep the panel there is a small gsm you can buy, it will give you text or voice.

piddlyd wrote: »
    Our phone line recently changed from PSTN to VOIP as per above. The eircom cable is coming in now into the modem 1st, then the phone line is going out into a splitter from the modem, one line going to the phone and the other going to the DMC in the HKC panel, in on A & B, and back through C & D. Although the line monitor status is ok (one red flash), i can't get it to dial out as it says 'no dial tone' when i try a test call. Looked through the manual and it says the DC voltage across A & B on the DMC should be between 40 & 58V. Its measuring -33V! Could it just be a case that the i mixed the order of the four cables up going up to the DMC? The RJ11 male connector (going into the splitter) is 4 core-yellow, green, red, black. The green & yellow are connected to A & B on the DMC, and the red & black are connected to C & D. Any help would be much appreciated. Landline works ok from the other port on the splitter

What type modem are you using, is this going to a monitoring station?

If its the 812 panel, your wasting your time because its not going to work. It will work with the hybrid panels with dialler because it has voice as well. If you are going to keep the panel there is a small gsm you can buy, it will give you text or voice.

Ok thanks david.is that because the 812 does pstn only? Is this the hkc gsm dialler you are talking about: http://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/product/gsm-sw-sc/communicators/#.W3fxsYHhQ0P? Is there an annual fee for the sim card or how does it work?

piddlyd wrote: »
    Ok thanks david.is that because the 812 does pstn only? Is this the hkc gsm dialler you are talking about: http://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/product/gsm-sw-sc/communicators/#.W3fxsYHhQ0P? Is there an annual fee for the sim card or how does it work?

You can get a standalone unit if you wanted to use your phone line.
    The GSM you linked to is a subscription based solution using a managed sim.
    Minimum cost per year is 60.00.
    System needs to be V7.32, 2006 up is the date of this version.

Advertisement