Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Schools in Westport area

Options
  • 14-06-2017 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, we will be moving to Westport next year, I would appreciate some feedback on the primary schools in the area. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Flmo wrote: »
    Hello, we will be moving to Westport next year, I would appreciate some feedback on the primary schools in the area. Thank you!

Good selection of Primary Schools in town and immediate area. Two largest are Convent of Mercy (girls) and CBS (boys). All other schools are both boys and girls.

Those include Cruach Phadhraig Gaelscoil, Quay National School and Holy Trinity ( Church of Ireland ).

Also good National Schools near the town at Carraholly, Knockrooskey, Drummin, Murrisk etc

My own children went to COnvent of Mercy and Holy Trinity. Long time ago, but teachers were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sillysu

Moving to just outside Westport myself in September. Kids will be going to Carrowholly National School, about 3 miles from Westport town. It's where their dad went. Meant to be a good school. Good luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sayno

nuac wrote: »
    Good selection of Primary Schools in town and immediate area. Two largest are Convent of Mercy (girls) and CBS (boys). All other schools are both boys and girls.

Those include Cruach Phadhraig Gaelscoil, Quay National School and Holy Trinity ( Church of Ireland ).

Also good National Schools near the town at Carraholly, Knockrooskey, Drummin, Murrisk etc

My own children went to COnvent of Mercy and Holy Trinity. Long time ago, but teachers were good.

The convent and CBS are now amalagamated into one school. New building out the bottom of the Newport Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

sayno wrote:
    The convent and CBS are now amalagamated into one school. New building out the bottom of the Newport Rd

Amalgamated several years ago. Moved from Altamont St to Newport Rd last month. Brand new school building. Scoil Padraig.

Advertisement