Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad medicine query

Options
  • 14-06-2017 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick query on applying for postgrad medicine in Ireland. I currently have a level 7 degree and I know I need at least a 2.1 at level 8, so I was hoping to do an online level 8 with Sligo IT over the next 2 years.

I'm wondering if this will be acceptable? The RCSI website says the following:

The GEM programme is designed for students who hold (or expect to hold by July prior to entry) a competitive GPA or a minimum of an upper second class honours from an accredited undergraduate bachelor degree (equivalent to NFQ Level 8)

So does this mean that a 2.1 on any level 8 degree is good enough? I did a course with the OU before and I know that these are seen differently to a student attending college to get a degree. I'm just a bit worried that I'll spend 2 years doing the honours and then the GAMSAT only to be rejected on that basis.

I fully intend to contact the relevant universities to be absolutely sure before I embark on this venture but I was hoping someone here might know :)

Many thanks!

Advertisement