Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Offseason 2017

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

brady23 wrote: »
    All Star Game revamp (well almost)

Voting remains the same. 12 players selected from each conference.
    Player with highest amount of votes from each conference is made captain and they pick players for their team irrespective of conference.

There should have been a larger pool maybe 20 from each conference and that way we would have seen a larger amount from the West but at least there will be more balance and possibly added competition.

Agree on what you said in bold.

In the last few years I haven't really watched it as it's a bit of a joke, but hopefully this makes it a little more interesting on some levels.

3 point competition remains the highlight for me, but I'm sure for most that's boring as hell.

Jeff Green climbing the ladder for the No. 1 play:

Watched Steph Curry go for 40 in 3 quarters last night v the Timberwolves in one of the pre-season NBA China games. A couple of things:
    1) he looks like he's increased his upper body muscle mass significantly; maybe it's the tighter Nike jerseys, but he looks in serious shape
    2) he looks more like scoring Steph than facilitating Steph, which could be interesting

One game sure, but the physical transformation, in particular, looked stark. That's what the Warriors need alright, Steph to get bigger and stronger.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Embiid goes for 22-7 in 15 minutes. Taking players off the dribble, Dirk style fadeaway, mid range jumpers as well as having allowed opponents one of the lowest scoring % at the rim during his 31 games last year.

His ceiling is just scary. I think we could be seeing the next great big man provided he stays healthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's on top of his 5yr-148million contract (with clauses should he get injured).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

brady23 wrote: »
    Embiid goes for 22-7 in 15 minutes. Taking players off the dribble, Dirk style fadeaway, mid range jumpers as well as having allowed opponents one of the lowest scoring % at the rim during his 31 games last year.

His ceiling is just scary. I think we could be seeing the next great big man provided he stays healthy

His minutes limitation is a major problem.

He is legit big too though.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21003122/charlotte-hornets-owner-michael-jordan-not-fan-nba-super-team-era

Jordan makes a fair point regarding the Super teams.
    I was just thinking of possible solutions. It essentially comes down to money. Therefore I think if a player makes 20m like Wade for example.

He shouldn't be allowed to either be waived and join a team for way below his previous contract or in the event of negotiating a new contract he can't take a huge cut. He can take a reduction but reduction can only be x% of his previous salary.

I'm sure there are far better solutions but just a thought

Hayward with a horrific injury. If I remember correctly it's the same injury Alan Smith suffered for Man Utd a few years ago which he never fully recovered from. It's a definite season ending injury.

Also Portis broke Mirotics jaw in practice after an on-court fight. Not the ideal start to the season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement