Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Offseason 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Gregk961 wrote: »
    No way thats true. Butler is more likely a better player now than any player in the draft will become.

Wouldn't rule it out completely. wouldn'trule out anythng in the NBA and there's more than one report on it from multiple reliable soursces (incl. Woj). Lots of bad blood in the Bulls camp right now. They know he'll likely walk next contract so what do they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Wouldn't rule it out completely. wouldn'trule out anythng in the NBA and there's more than one report on it from multiple reliable soursces (incl. Woj). Lots of bad blood in the Bulls camp right now. They know he'll likely walk next contract so what do they do?

Id believe the Bulls would offer it(they are incompetent) but I cant see why the Celtics would turn it down, unless they sense the Bulls are very desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

At this stage I'm 100% convinced that Phil Jackson is trying to get himself fired so he can take his money and head back to LA:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717184-phil-jackson-discusses-kristaps-porzingis-carmelo-anthonys-future-with-knicks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

At this stage I'm 100% convinced that Phil Jackson is trying to get himself fired so he can take his money and head back to LA:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717184-phil-jackson-discusses-kristaps-porzingis-carmelo-anthonys-future-with-knicks

"I think we know what we're doing," :eek: :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement

Chicago talking to Minnesota about Butler for the 7th pick. The 7th pick. WTF?

Boston trying to trade down for.....the 7th pick.

Boston also in talks with NY re. Porzingis for 3 pick + player option(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Chicago talking to Minnesota about Butler for the 7th pick. The 7th pick. WTF?

That makes no sense. There won't be any off the top prospects left, Unless they see Dennis Smith or Malik Monk as a genuine future star player.
    Boston also in talks with NY re. Porzingis for 3 pick + player option(s).
    I don't think they will move KP. Not unless they get a bunch of future first rounders and a couple players from Boston.
    Boston trying to trade down for.....the 7th pick.

Boston might very well trade down, but they really like Jayson Tatum. It depends on what they can get for the pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Think I remember a story about bill Russell doing the same once

Butler to Minnesota for players and the 7th. Smh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GarPax you utter, utter ****.

What a ridiculous trade. If you're going to trade a star at least do it for something valuable. These idiots can't even suck properly.

Shambles, and the next 3 years at the very least are a complete waste of time now.

Man, I can't wait until these two eventually **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Top 15 player in the league for a PG who can't shoot; a role player coming off a major injury; and a trade up for the new Ryan Anderson. Butler's max in two years was going to be expensive, but even if you decide you're not paying it this is a terrible undervaluation compared to what you could have got.

Dreadful!!

Paully D wrote: »
    GarPax you utter, utter ****.

What a ridiculous trade. If you're going to trade a star at least do it for something valuable. These idiots can't even suck properly.

Shambles, and the next 3 years at the very least are a complete waste of time now.

Man, I can't wait until these two eventually **** off.

The 3 pick looks like a good deal now. Danny Ainge, suyrely you could better than offer?!

Personally I would never trade for a guy who hasn't returned from an injury yet. Bonkers deal. The Wolves even got a 1st round pick back in it as well. Insane.

I see si.com graded the deal as an A for the Wolves and a D for the Bulls. I think they got it spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The 3 pick looks like a good deal now. Danny Ainge, suyrely you could better than offer?!

Personally I would never trade for a guy who hasn't returned from an injury yet. Bonkers deal. The Wolves even got a 1st round pick back in it as well. Insane.

I see si.com graded the deal as an A for the Wolves and a D for the Bulls. I think they got it spot on.

It was an F for the Bulls.

People do sometimes forget that outside of drafting MJ (which is like a real life cheat code) the Bulls have sucked as a franchise more often than not.

The amount of assets that the Bulls have given up for virtually nothing in recent years is staggering.

Even the "Bench Mob" of 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 which resulted in the team winning the most games in the NBA over those two years was compeletely broken up due to front office incompetence.

God I hate this franchise sometimes and those two muppets will never be held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So the East going to belong to the Bucks & Sixers now? :D

Interested to see what Wade does now. Opt in for the money despite facing a losing season or hope to get a two year deal with a contender somewhere? He isn't ever getting 23.8m for a season again, so I could see him staying.

The Timberwolves should go up a gear or two this year. Wiggins and KAT are both all star caliber and along comes another in Butler. Rubio is a good playmaker and crucially wont be obliged to put up any scoring with that starting lineup. I only looked at their pick Justin Patton today but he seems like he could develop into a solid NBA center, seen a few defensive plays of his and he is probably ready to come off the bench as is. Not sure of their cap situation but there must be a bit of room to pick up a few pieces with Wiggins and Towns on rookie contracts.

No playoffs this year would have to rank as a disappointment, even in the west.

Blake Griffin confirmed as opting out, Chris Paul expected to do the same, per the usual good reporters.

Blake Griffin confirmed as opting out, Chris Paul expected to do the same, per the usual good reporters.

Opting out isn't leaving, big difference between the two.

I think there's about a 50/50 chance BG leaves; Paul 1%. I think Paul would be leaving $45m on the table if he leaves. That's a big ask.

Edit: it's actually $53m. Can't see him walking away from that.

Cavs, Pacers and Nuggets in 3 way talks for Love to Nuggets, PG to Cavs and Faried (?????) to Indiana. Indy getting screwed there if that goes though.

• Advertisement

Westbrook MVP

Westbrook MVP is fair enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They shouldn't have waited until after the fecking Draft to announce it!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They shouldn't have waited until after the fecking Draft to announce it!

Agreed - trying to snake a few extra TV dollars I guess

Melo's reps trying to secure a buyout or trade.

Off to the Cavs to make the East even more of a ****show I'd guess.

It if happens, sigh.

Melo's reps trying to secure a buyout or trade.

Off to the Cavs to make the East even more of a ****show I'd guess.

It if happens, sigh.

The black hole that is Melo offers zero the Cavs. He does not make them better than they currently are. Sure they'll coast the east again if they can keep LeBron and Kyrie healthy, but if they think adding him over Love is a good move they're wrong. Zero D, low boards and an inability to share - that's Melo. Plus he hasn't played in a regular structured offence for years.

If they keep JR and Shump, they'll morph eventually into the 2013 Knicks!

Speaking of the Knicks, the latest open floor said the Bulls are even more f*cked up than the Knicks after the Butler trade. High praise indeed!

The black hole that is Melo offers zero the Cavs. He does not make them better than they currently are. Sure they'll coast the east again if they can keep LeBron and Kyrie healthy, but if they think adding him over Love is a good move they're wrong. Zero D, low boards and an inability to share - that's Melo. Plus he hasn't played in a regular structured offence for years.

If they keep JR and Shump, they'll morph eventually into the 2013 Knicks!

Its a small sample size, and against inferior oppisition but I think Melo's USA prrformances offer some hope for him fitting into the Cavs.

Id agree he is a downgrade from Love but its very doubtful its a straight swap if it does happen.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Its a small sample size, and against inferior oppisition but I think Melo's USA prrformances offer some hope for him fitting into the Cavs.

Id agree he is a downgrade from Love but its very doubtful its a straight swap if it does happen.

I don't get the hate for Love, really don't. Likewise I don't get the love for Melo. I've said it before, he's the kind of guy who'd rather score 50 and lose than 2 and win. He's made some bad choices over the years - going to the Knicks, not going to Chicago - and the only time he's truly excelled since turning pro is as you say as part of loaded US teams.

Plus I see a lot of problems brewing if he doesn't get his 20 shots a night. There's only ball to play with between him, Kyrie and LeBron.

• Advertisement

Strong rumours that Phil Jackson is out in New York.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement