Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile 400

Options
  • 14-06-2017 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am hoping you can help clarify an issue one of my parents is experiencing with their account.
    I advised them to join Eir last november on the Eir mobile 400 plan.
    This was being advertised as €15 a month for 6 months then €35 a month there-after for the remaining 18 months on a 24 month contract.
    There was no clear indication that this offer was only for current Eir home phone/broadband customers.
    They purchased a new phone and plan in an Eir phone shop and I had sent them in with the above information for what to ask for.

Recently while out of the country, outgoing calls were barred on the phone. This was due to a payment being missed. As my parents are OAPs, they wouldnt tend to have more then necessary funds left in their account. I would agree it is an oversite on their part for not checking their bill or bank statements over the last 6 months for the Eir bill but I feel they have been hard done by in the Eir shop.

I spoke with the sales guy in the Eir shop today who advised that it was an 18 month contract that was signed up for for €45 a month. Having armed them with the information when initially going to get the phone and plan, if they were not actually eligible for the offer I feel the sales guy has wronged them into this €45 a month plan and taken advantage of an OAP for a sale.

Can someone look into what was on offer back in November? Was the €15 a month for 6 months deal only available to existing Eir customers like it is now? Was it possible to get an 18 month contract in November when you only have 24 month contacts available today? I can contact you via PM with account details if necessary and you can contact the account owner for permission to deal with me on their behalf. The sales guy is printing the contract from November and I will get my parents to scan and send me a copy to take a look at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

stevexo wrote: »
    Hi there, I am hoping you can help clarify an issue one of my parents is experiencing with their account.
    I advised them to join Eir last november on the Eir mobile 400 plan.
    This was being advertised as €15 a month for 6 months then €35 a month there-after for the remaining 18 months on a 24 month contract.
    There was no clear indication that this offer was only for current Eir home phone/broadband customers.
    They purchased a new phone and plan in an Eir phone shop and I had sent them in with the above information for what to ask for.

Recently while out of the country, outgoing calls were barred on the phone. This was due to a payment being missed. As my parents are OAPs, they wouldnt tend to have more then necessary funds left in their account. I would agree it is an oversite on their part for not checking their bill or bank statements over the last 6 months for the Eir bill but I feel they have been hard done by in the Eir shop.

I spoke with the sales guy in the Eir shop today who advised that it was an 18 month contract that was signed up for for €45 a month. Having armed them with the information when initially going to get the phone and plan, if they were not actually eligible for the offer I feel the sales guy has wronged them into this €45 a month plan and taken advantage of an OAP for a sale.

Can someone look into what was on offer back in November? Was the €15 a month for 6 months deal only available to existing Eir customers like it is now? Was it possible to get an 18 month contract in November when you only have 24 month contacts available today? I can contact you via PM with account details if necessary and you can contact the account owner for permission to deal with me on their behalf. The sales guy is printing the contract from November and I will get my parents to scan and send me a copy to take a look at.
    Hi stevexo,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I understand your frustration here and I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way.

I'm afraid, due to data protection, this can only be discussed with the account holder. However, if this point of sale was in one of our eir stores, I would recommend you popping back into your local eir store with your parents and having this issue being further investigated. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, here.

Thanks, 
    Anna.

Advertisement