Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pure telecom

• 14-06-2017 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Has many people got pure telecom cause I am having a lot of trouble with my connection.One day I have no connection and the next its extremely slow....I am sick of sending them mails about it....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

anna321 wrote: »
    Has many people got pure telecom cause I am having a lot of trouble with my connection.One day I have no connection and the next its extremely slow....I am sick of sending them mails about it....

I'm having persistent issues on a connection, and find the people on the help- desk helpful to deal with. However, as I'm sure you're aware, Pure is just re- selling the Broadband that is supported by the physical connection to your house, and appear to use the BT back-end internet services infrastructure to provide you with a service. While Pure can do initial fault/ connection assessment, with all these players, they are dependent on both Eir and BT to deal with issues on the ground. And I have to say, that is proving very difficult to navigate in my experience.

Get on to the help-desk on the phone (use 01-2469000 rather than the published 1850930580 which, depending on your package costs you). So, call and then follow up with an e-mail, rather than using e-mail alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TrichomeJungle

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'm having persistent issues on a connection, and find the people on the help- desk helpful to deal with. However, as I'm sure you're aware, Pure is just re- selling the Broadband that is supported by the physical connection to your house, and appear to use the BT back-end internet services infrastructure to provide you with a service. While Pure can do initial fault/ connection assessment, with all these players, they are dependent on both Eir and BT to deal with issues on the ground. And I have to say, that is proving very difficult to navigate in my experience.

Get on to the help-desk on the phone (use 01-2469000 rather than the published 1850930580 which, depending on your package costs you). So, call and then follow up with an e-mail, rather than using e-mail alone.

Sorry to dig up old thread, but im dealing with an incompetent Pure Telecom also curently.

This excuse that they are dependent on others just means "we are saving tons of cash by not hiring our own technicians or getting decent contract terms with EIR technicians, you guys are gonna suffer while out wallets grow fat"

So they have an "outstanding" customer support centre lol, where they just bull**** you as they think you know nothing about networking and ISPs like most people, and tell you to wait for a week or more with no/crippled internet while they scab a technician from another company.

They think they can run a low cost ryanair/goldcar scam operation and patch up the situation with low waiting times to reach a support agent? BULL

This country has one of the worst internet infrastructures in the world and if Pure Telecom think they'll survive such a business model they better slash their prices by half or quarter (to align with a sensible international broadband price at the very f###ing least)

Look at the reviews online, SCATHING, i really should have before taking the plunge with them, oh well life is full of work etc i cant sherlock holmes every conartist telecommunications company on this island before purchasing.. kind of just expecting a decent internet service, its bloody 2019...!

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Sorry to dig up old thread, but im dealing with an incompetent Pure Telecom also curently.

This excuse that they are dependent on others just means "we are saving tons of cash by not hiring our own technicians or getting decent contract terms with EIR technicians, you guys are gonna suffer while out wallets grow fat"

So they have an "outstanding" customer support centre lol, where they just bull**** you as they think you know nothing about networking and ISPs like most people, and tell you to wait for a week or more with no/crippled internet while they scab a technician from another company.

They think they can run a low cost ryanair/goldcar scam operation and patch up the situation with low waiting times to reach a support agent? BULL

This country has one of the worst internet infrastructures in the world and if Pure Telecom think they'll survive such a business model they better slash their prices by half or quarter (to align with a sensible international broadband price at the very f###ing least)

Look at the reviews online, SCATHING, i really should have before taking the plunge with them, oh well life is full of work etc i cant sherlock holmes every conartist telecommunications company on this island before purchasing.. kind of just expecting a decent internet service, its bloody 2019...!
    Rather harsh summary TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TrichomeJungle

Ill take that on board TomOnBoard, but i dont see your point?

The late great Christopher Hitchens said "IF you come and tell me something i said offended you, im still waiting to hear what your point is?"

The world is allll about passion, here im dishing it out for free

Well, forums such as this one are generally set up to help people. In the context of my postings, they would have been intended to be helpful to future/current/potential users of Pure Telecom services.

There's no value for anyone to be achieved from a totally vitriolic attack that has neither balance nor objectivity! Your post was a complete troll, most likely posted by Eir or some other competitor, solely designed to rubbish Pure Telecom services.

You added nothing of value... and you had the cheek to launch your vitriol on top of a comment of mine that you quoted! Well, I reject your quotation in pursuance of your outlandish argument!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Did you switch from somebody else who happened to be fine or was Pure the first provider on this medium ?

I've had EIR fiber for 18 months and it has been great. First 12 months were 40e and they extended this for another 6 months. Now price will hike to 51E but I seen that I can get well months fibre with Sky and Pure for 35E

The entire review system is flawed in that only people with bad experience makes a review... those who are happy generally stay quiet. So the questions I have is

- For people out there who have switched from a good EIR fibre broadband service to other fibre providers, have they found the service equally as good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

I'm also looking around at my options. I had a good year with Eir, but they wanted to increase me from €48 to €60 and were quite happy to loose the account rather than negotiate. I ended up going to Vodafone for 6 months at €25 and then 6 months at €60. I have not had any issues this year with Vodafone either.

Now that my first year with Vodafone is coming to an end I don't know what to expect from them at renewal time. I will stay with them if they keep it at €60, but if they increase it at all, then I will move. But who to move to is the problem.

Pure Telecom is the cheapest, but they seem to have an appalling reputation. Then there is Eir, but from what can see they are not discounting at all. Sky don't seem to be much better than Pure Telecom. Then there is the fact that no matter who it is, they will be using the lines provided by Eir, and I haven't had any issues in two years.

Any advice please? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

davidod1 wrote: »
    I'm also looking around at my options. I had a good year with Eir, but they wanted to increase me from €48 to €60 and were quite happy to loose the account rather than negotiate. I ended up going to Vodafone for 6 months at €25 and then 6 months at €60. I have not had any issues this year with Vodafone either.

Now that my first year with Vodafone is coming to an end I don't know what to expect from them at renewal time. I will stay with them if they keep it at €60, but if they increase it at all, then I will move. But who to move to is the problem.

Pure Telecom is the cheapest, but they seem to have an appalling reputation. Then there is Eir, but from what can see they are not discounting at all. Sky don't seem to be much better than Pure Telecom. Then there is the fact that no matter who it is, they will be using the lines provided by Eir, and I haven't had any issues in two years.

Any advice please? Thanks.

Do you download much?
    Airwire have a package for €40 with a 500GB monthly limit
    Unlimited is €49

You do have to sign up for 18 months for a free install but they don't change prices even when your contract is up.

Now that's worth looking at. I'll have a look at my last 12 months usage and see if it crosses the 500 GB. I don't tend to download films, but it can still creep up.

The unlimited it certainly well worth considering anyway. How's their reputation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

davidod1 wrote: »
    Now that's worth looking at. I'll have a look at my last 12 months usage and see if it crosses the 500 GB. I don't tend to download films, but it can still creep up.

The unlimited it certainly well worth considering anyway. How's their reputation?

The best reputation imo, the only ISP that will actually consistently engage in open discussion on this forum.
    A friend of mine even manged to contact them around 2 a.m on here to get a problem sorted.
    I've been with them a few months and there has been a few very small hiccups but they were quick to investigate and keep me updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

The entire review system is flawed in that only people with bad experience makes a review... those who are happy generally stay quiet. So the questions I have is

- For people out there who have switched from a good EIR fibre broadband service to other fibre providers, have they found the service equally as good ?

FWIW I switched from eir to Vodafone and find myself very happy. I'm certainly getting much improved wireless speeds, which obviously only attests to the quality of the provided hardware, but it is at the very least a good experience story.

Lots of good advice and suggestions there. Thanks to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

What is their wired connection like vs wireless?

Advertisement