Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

99s in Dublin 15

Options
  • 14-06-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anywhere in D15 to get a decent 99?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

At this hour probably not! There's always McDonalds though......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Newsagents in roselawn beside tesco are good for a 99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gaspode wrote: »
    At this hour probably not! There's always McDonalds though......

Didn't mean at 10pm at night...or did I :D
    Newsagents in roselawn beside tesco are good for a 99

Excellent! Do they open till 8 or 9 do you know?

Edit: their FB says 9pm midweek, 8.30pm on a Sat and 7pm on a Sunday! Sorted for next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nothing beats a traditional Mr whippy.

Just keep an ear out for the chime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's an ice cream van in Waterville every day at 3.20. Can set your watch by it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Centra in Laurel Lodge Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The Petrol Station in Clonee Village does a lovely 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Newsagent in Ongar does a lovely one

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

A little bit of a drive, but well worth it is the ice cream van at the Popes cross.Totally different ice cream than what you get in a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Londis in the Phoenix Park race course. They're open until 10pm during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

On a somewhat related note....an ice cream van does the rounds in Annfield, its incessant jingle can often be heard at 8.30pm (or later) on a school night - when my kids are tucked up in bed and asking why theres an ice cream van outside at such a late hour (in their mind, if the ice cream man can sell ice cream then its too early for bed, reasonable logic). Anyone know how enforcement works in this regard? Are there set times that govern trading hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

On a somewhat related note....an ice cream van does the rounds in Annfield, its incessant jingle can often be heard at 8.30pm (or later) on a school night - when my kids are tucked up in bed and asking why theres an ice cream van outside at such a late hour (in their mind, if the ice cream man can sell ice cream then its too early for bed, reasonable logic). Anyone know how enforcement works in this regard? Are there set times that govern trading hours?

He may not be selling ice cream.......

But get reg and contact the COCO is probably the fist place to start if want to make a complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

oblivious wrote: »
    He may not be selling ice cream......
    :eek:
    oblivious wrote: »
    But get reg and contact the COCO is probably the fist place to start if want to make a complaint

Contacted the council, nothing of any substance exists. Perhaps I should just suck it up (the ice cream that is...). They suggested I go talk to the guy which I am happy to do.The respondent listed below obviously does not have to contend with getting young kids to bed at night :cool:
    There are no Bye Laws governing ice cream vans. A Section 108 of the EPA Act. may not apply as the noise is not continuous, and 8:30 pm is very borderline to be considered ‘unsociable hours’ especially in summer months when it is bright after 10:00pm.

Advertisement