Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch alarm help

Options
  • 14-06-2017 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just moved into a house that has a phonewatch alarm installed. Previous resident claims to know nothing about it, said it was installed by the resident previous to them. (!!??) Eircom won't help me as I obviously don't know the account number etc. They said we need to pay someone to disconnect it but I'd rather use it as an alarm if possible. Anything I can do without having to pay to have it disconnected and a new system installed?
    My kids have already set the thing off twice and we had to suffer it blaring for about 20minutes with no way to turn it off 😑

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Post a picture of it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Post a picture of it

This is the box

Post a picture of it

This is the box

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sinderella wrote: »
    This is the box

It is a concord system, can either be defaulted and set back up or codes read.
    If the system is functional without false alarms you would be mad to rip it out and install a whole new system.

altor wrote: »
    It is a concord system, can either be defaulted and set back up or codes read.
    If the system is functional without false alarms you would be mad to rip it out and install a whole new system.

Great! How can I do that? Can I get someone out to do it?

• Advertisement

Great! How can I do that? Can I get someone out to do it?

Yes, most installers would be able to do same for you.
    Have a look here for installers in your area.

Yes, most installers would be able to do same for you.
    Have a look here for installers in your area.

I called an alarm guy. He said no-one except eircom can work on these due to engineer codes and that eircom won't set it up unmonitored for me either. He said i need a whole new system. Very frustrating to have it there and have to replace it

I called an alarm guy. He said no-one except eircom can work on these due to engineer codes and that eircom won't set it up unmonitored for me either. He said i need a whole new system. Very frustrating to have it there and have to replace it

Id shop around if that was the response.
    This system can easily be defaulted and set back up.
    An even easier option would be to do a code read and not have to default anything.

Id shop around if that was the response.
    This system can easily be defaulted and set back up.
    An even easier option would be to do a code read and not have to default anything.

I've no clue what that means ha! There were 2 locals on that list. I'll try the other one and see what they say. Thanks again

I've no clue what that means ha! There were 2 locals on that list. I'll try the other one and see what they say. Thanks again

Its just to either set back up the system from default if codes are not known.
    The other option just reads the codes off the system, saves having to default it.

Either way, both are easily done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

There's installers on here if altor has a link handy to the list of them

There's installers on here if altor has a link handy to the list of them

It was one from the list I called that said it couldnt be done.

Waiting in word back from another company.

Any idea roughly how much it could cost me to get it set up?

Also if anyone here is an installer and willing to come out and do it (kildare) please pm me your details

It was one from the list I called that said it couldnt be done.

Waiting in word back from another company.

Any idea roughly how much it could cost me to get it set up?

We do not give out pricing on here.
    Id say the installer has never used that system as to his response.
    Apart from the never system, all the other systems are re-programmable.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

Sinderella search this forum for GE Concord posts via my user name. Altor stepped me through this panel in great detail so you should find a lot of what you're looking for. No need to rip the panel out. It's rock solid even after 10 years.

No need to rip the panel out. It's rock solid even after 10 years.

I wouldn't either, one of the better systems P.W used.

Advertisement