Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of 500-1000euro loan

• 14-06-2017 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello folks,
    Going on a holiday in the end of next week, but i am very low on cash. I work on the minimum wage, been with the same employer for a year and receiving ~350euro weekly on average. I am with aib so i just applied for a loan and was auto declined by them..
    Any way i can get a loan, preferably without much hassle. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

brokeaf wrote: »
    Hello folks,
    Going on a holiday in the end of next week, but i am very low on cash. I work on the minimum wage, been with the same employer for a year and receiving ~350euro weekly on average. I am with aib so i just applied for a loan and was auto declined by them..
    Any way i can get a loan, preferably without much hassle. Thanks in advance!

Have you considered how you will be able to pay it back if you have been unable to save? Stay away from payday lenders anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,326 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Do yourself a favour. Don't get one. On a low income, you'll be forever getting out from under it.

Also, if you can't afford a holiday, borrowing for a holiday is a stupid idea. I don't mean to sound judgey, but learn from my experience. I've been that endebted soldier. :(

Auto-decline did you a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

endacl wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour. Don't get one. On a low income, you'll be forever getting out from under it.

Also, if you can't afford a holiday, borrowing for a holiday is a stupid idea. I don't mean to sound judgey, but learn from my experience. I've been that endebted soldier. :(

Auto-decline did you a favour.

In fairness I agree with you but the OP is obviously already committed to the holiday and needs cash to spend

OP, any chance you could ask the job for a sub?

PS, join your local credit union and set up a standing order for a fiver a week to get lodged there. Build a Rep with them doing that and you'll have no problem getting loans

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brokeaf

It is a small amount so i just assumed i will get it easily. Should i call aib tomorrow and try to get them to approve it?
    I have savings, but they are in cash and i want to use them for my studies. I think i will just take from them if there isnt a good other option.
    The holiday is set and apartment paid for. I have 500euro at the moment, need another 500 until i get my next paycheck halfway through the holiday. Thanks for the responds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

You're better off dipping into your savings than taking out a loan at this point. At least that won't cost you interest charges.

Can you not get by on €500 for the duration of your holiday, if your accommodation is already paid for? If you can't afford to eat out or hit the bars, then you really shouldn't be doing those things anyway. If you have an apartment with a kitchen, you can buy cheap groceries and cook instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Take a loan from yourself if you have the savings rather than paying a ton of interest!

Advertisement