Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker

Options
  • 15-06-2017 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Bit of a silly one, but I've been studying for this and went to book it to sit it. I go through the usual VUE process of choosing exam centre, what time to sit it, and then move on to payment. The ONLY payment that they will accept is a credit card from a company called JCB. I've checked and double checked on the website and it is not possible to pay with any of the usual credit cards that I have access to. Has anybody got around this?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its looking for a voucher because the exam is restricted. You have two options basically.
    1. Attend the course
    2. Submit a form claiming certain amounts of experience, pay a fee and become eligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

In case this of use to anybody else..

I bought the voucher through the EC Council website for $750. When I contacted them about retrieving the voucher, they informed me that I had to pass a process of Approval. This process consisted of firstly paying them another $100 for the privilege, then sending them a CV (showing that I had at least two years experience in the security area), then sending them the email address of my boss who had to answer a few questions validating that the information that I sent was valid.

After this process, I was approved, and I sat and passed the exam a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement