Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old car insurance

Options
  • 15-06-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea if there are any insurance companies that will still insure a 99 car can't seem to find anyone at all to insure me again any help appreciated thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Insurers aren't keen on older cars at all I'm afraid, regardless of their condition.

Not sure why exactly. Keep ringing brokers and insurers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Did you just buy the car, or did you get a crazy renewal with your existing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

I'm in the same situation - also a '99 car.

Have had insurance but recently got a crazy renewal with existing company.

It's a bit frustrating because the car is in a bit of a no-mans land - car insurers don't want to insure a car older than 15 years but you're not eligible for classic insurance until it's 20 years old.

Has anybody managed to get a relatively sane quote for similar age car?

Advertisement