Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name these trees

Options
  • 15-06-2017 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭

I like these trees. I want these trees. What are these trees?

Apologies for dodgy pic.

DSC_0498.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lime trees ?? (Tilia)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They are one of the ones that drop gunk on your car, so be careful where you plant them! Lovely trees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

looksee wrote: »
    They are one of the ones that drop gunk on your car, so be careful where you plant them! Lovely trees though.

Don't all trees do that?!!

This would be away from the cars so not a problem.

I want to run them a few metres inside a boundary to provide some high-level screening (low level will be dealt with by a mixed boundary hedge).

Replacements for my *&^*&^ LLeylandii!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭blackhound

looksee wrote: »

Its not the trees that drop 'gunk' but its actually greenfly on the trees that do it. They draw up the sap from the leaves which then drops down.

But to get back on point the trees are most definitely Lime trees Tilia but not sure which variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, I am aware that it is greefly/aphids, but the fact remains that gunk falls from the trees and lime seems to be one of the worst offenders anecdotally. Maybe it is just that lime is used in city environments more and therefore appears to be more of a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Get a lot of gunk off of my alders too :)

Advertisement