Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 recovery

Options
  • 15-06-2017 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Looking for a place around templemore Tipperary area to fix my PS4, since last year it's been broke but decided to pull it back out from the press for a check, tried getting it fixed last year they couldn't fix it (but don't want to trust them because no body else I knew never got anything done there) so if you are a business or know of any good shops to get it fixed please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Suggestions may depend on what the issue appears to be? Just a new hard drive needed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the exact issue we might be able to help you out then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭snapper1234

Suggestions may depend on what the issue appears to be? Just a new hard drive needed?

Well when I went the switched the hdmi port because they thought and I still think that's the issue and they said it was unfixable and when I turned it on rob try get it working it would barely turn on but now I turn it on a year later it acts as though it's working but I can't see anything on screen and haven't yet tried connecting the remote because last year the remote wouldn't connect with the PlayStation either but have yet to check if it connects.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well when I went the switched the hdmi port because they thought and I still think that's the issue and they said it was unfixable and when I turned it on rob try get it working it would barely turn on but now I turn it on a year later it acts as though it's working but I can't see anything on screen and haven't yet tried connecting the remote because last year the remote wouldn't connect with the PlayStation either but have yet to check if it connects.

Try this:

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Gonna try that now will keep you updated on wether it works or not, thank you.

This didn't work either, just tried it there and nothing showed on the screen and didn't do the beep after the first one after turning it on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can you boot up the PS4 in safe mode and see if anything displays? I had a ps4 that would only work in normal non-HD display mode and going to safe mode and changing it in settings worked but I would imagine the port will fail completely quick enough.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Can you boot up the PS4 in safe mode and see if anything displays? I had a ps4 that would only work in normal non-HD display mode and going to safe mode and changing it in settings worked but I would imagine the port will fail completely quick enough.

The PlayStation shows nothing on the screen whatsoever like, it's really complicated to explain I'll try get a video of it tomorrow to show what it does... I'm liking the support with this though lads thanks a million

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just making sure, have you tried more than one HDMI cable and also more than one TV?

• Advertisement

Just making sure, have you tried more than one HDMI cable and also more than one TV?

Ya i did both, brought it to get fixed they said they couldn't do it because of something got to do with the circuit board but the PlayStation is acting differently than it was that time, its nearly like it's working now but I can't see anything on the screen. I'm more than sure that the lads that fixed it broke it even more when switching ports and positive that if I get someone more professional than them it can be fixed. I don't know a lot about these things but know enough that they didn't do their job correctly

Advertisement